The real reason you hate GDKPS

There is only one reason I am against GDKPs: GDKP organizers smugly avoid account action (thus far) for outright participating in RMT.

Case in point, two very prominent GDKP discords have pinned messages pointing to good buying sites. (links omitted to comply with forum rules). And even if others wine and cry that, “Bbbbut I didn’t know!” -now you do.

11 Likes

Just say you’re breaking ToS with your whole chest. Who do you buy gold from?

4 Likes

do you buy consumes off the AH? have you bought anything off the AH? have you bought a boost before?

This is a big part of why GDKPs are popular. GDKP’s everyone typically comes out with SOMETHING. No one wants to waste their time anymore and the people who dont care to waste others time (seems to be a majority are GDKP haters) are the same people who have grey parses and dont show up to the raid prepared and want to be carried and then CRY about how they cant find groups and GDKP’s ruined it all lol.

1 Like

This is an interesting perspective, imo. I think it highlights that different people have different preferences.

While some people advocate for their own preferences to be forced on others, or loot distribution systems they do not like to be banned, the way things currently are, there’s a pretty good amount of agency that the individual player has to decide what sort of loot distribution system they like for themselves and attend raids that use that system.

To add to this, for some loot distribution systems, there is additional reward given to the organizers, such as in a GDKP the organizer might take a cut of the pot. With SR, or MS > OS, the organizer sometimes enforces an HR, or possibly takes non needed items for themselves or their group.

Automated systems may remove the need for individual organizers to administrate loot system rules, but they also may reduce the reward for doing so, and discourage (or rather not encourage) people who may otherwise attempt to organize and promote group activities from doing so.

:woman_shrugging:

I would kinda agree with you if people were not spending Real Money to participate in GDKPs, they do so they should be banned.

4 Likes

Not a single one can link their logs and have it be above 90.
Dont get me wrong, im completely against bots. it eats my AH parse pretty hard, but i still make my 500g a week without leaving the City, and banning gdkp’s is never the solution to the bot problem.

I mean they just busted a group forcing kids on live tik tok playing mindcraft building infinite block structures. Certain Gift number = certain amount of Dynamite which would then blow up some or all of the structure and then they keep rebuilding, endlessly.

Not far off at all

1 Like

it wasnt in Florida was it

I feel like I am a broke record, but I am being dead serious here. How do people spending real money in GDKP’s affect you and your actual game play? I am just generally curious because like I said before I havent done a GDKP in SOD and my gameplay has not been affected by anyone who has done a GDKP whether they bought gold illegally or not.

The more gold you buy the more gear you can get.

The literal definition of pay to win

6 Likes

Except, like I said, games are developed. Everything within them was made with an intention. In the original version of the game in the 2000s, most items from raids were intentionally made to be BoP to prevent them from being freely exchanged among players for gold. Loot master allowed 1 person to distribute items individually but once an item was dispersed, that was it. They also had to be relatively quick because the boss would despawn with the loot if it was not dispersed in a reasonable timeframe.

In 2019, with the intention to save money and time on CS inquiries, Blizzard relaxed loot rules for Classic so that items can be freely exchanged throughout members of the raid, regardless of it’s bind status. Players discovered that this made auctioning off each item much more feasible and began taking advantage of this change to make gold.

Just because players discovered a way to do something, doesn’t mean it was intended by developers nor something they should continue allowing if it is detrimental to the game overall.

1 Like

SoD will have the exact same fate as the other versions if it goes down the same path.

It takes change to make things different.

4 Likes

Correct. A completely broken economy and even more RMT because gold values for the almost-exclusive form of raid-gearing (GDKPs) will skyrocket

5 Likes

Or a different take here… They put out a flawed system that even the developers knew they should probably change going a second time around? almost like how any other piece of technology is developed? Hey we could make this car better by putting air bags in it in case people crashed.

1 Like

Except the developers stated that the loot rules were relaxed for the purpose of reducing the number of CS tickets made because of loot distribution errors.

Incase you want a reference: Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

No to boost buying. And as much as you might wish it weren’t true, it’s egregiously wrong to participate in a raid consumable transaction where most are priced under a gold… except that one guy with a discord linking to RMT sites is “mysteriously” finding buyers at 1,200g each.

1 Like

People stealing items out of cars in the bad area of town, then laundering them through a seedy pawn shop that knows they’re stolen goods doesn’t affect me directly either.

In either case, the indirect effects harm the community at large.

5 Likes

It completely breaks the economy and the fabric of grouping at cap. Guild runs disappear and it becomes an exclusive gdkp gearing system in which you need hundreds of thousands or millions of gold.

We have already seen this play out. This isn’t fear-mongering. This is what is going to happen.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree with you, but just like how cars were developed with air bags as an ADDITIONAL safety feature, people think well ill just leave my seat belt off because I have air bags. The point is you arent a developer and you dont know their exact intentions, because if you ask them I bet they will say we developed the game to let the people play how they want to play.