The Raven's War - ED RP/WPVP

A number of us have started creating more WPVP and RP focused events.
We are beginning an RP/PVP campaign taking place in the Duskwood, Deadwind Pass and the Swamp of Sorrows. With future plans of moving in to other zones.

Our starting prompts for each faction:

:wolf: HORDE:

Word has spread throughout the mercenary and contract groups of the horde, of a anonymous party, seeking help in obtaining an artifact of potentially great power. The only information anyone has received, was to make camp in the Swamp of Sorrows, gather supplies, and prepare for… Outland. Quickly the normally vacant Stonard, became a sprawling tent city, full of independent Horde mercenaries, adventurers, fortune seekers and parties seeking to obtain power for themselves…

:lion: ALLIANCE:

Duskwood is normally a fairly quiet region, with not much foot traffic. But recently, the few settlers in the area have seen an uptick in strange disappearances of locals, and missing supplies. More frequent sightings of typically horde races, passing through the woods, heading East… This increased activity has arose suspicion and caused the townsfolk of Darkshire to seek outside help and protection.

:crossed_swords: Events so far:

• Vigilante Nocturno was requested to aid the town of Darkshire. Several of its citizens had gone missing over the past few days, and supplies were being stolen from town. Horde sightings were becoming common in the surrounding woods.
  • The Quickfuse Cartel arrived in the Swamp of Sorrows after having received a cryptic message, with a promise of a huge payoff. Seeking a good time they hit up the local bar and quickly inebriated themselves, only to be interrupted by the Alliance group, Vigilante Nocturno. After a tense conversation, a small fight broke out before both parties parted ways.
  • Vigilante Nocturno were out in Booty Bay, when they came across a man named Bartram Byrne. Byrne, seemed very calculative, he took a moment to choose each word. After a bit of prodding, Vigilante Nocturno learned that he was native to Duskwood, and knew firsthand of the mercenaries gathering in Stonard. He told them he spotted his brother there, now turned Forsaken, and hinted that he was more than likely the one hiring mercenaries.
  • Several WPVP battles have taken place, representing tension in the area, as more and more Horde groups move in to the area, the Alliance have become increasingly weary and on guard.

Our RP and WPVP is currently handled separately.
Enjoy fighting but not really in to RP? No problem.
Vice versa? No problem.

Anyone interested in more information, feel free to contact me:

discord: Lluagor#9764
twitter: @LluagorED
Or whisper me in game.

18 Likes

It’s been a blast so far. The wpvp and RP are amazing. If you’re into wpvp that is story driven, come to Duskwood or Swamp of Sorrows.

Disclaimer: We can not guarantee your safety.

5 Likes

Awesome! I’m gonna try and get some guildies to go with me tonight!

3 Likes

Still looking for more people to join us, and to help create events.

Shoot me a message for more info.
Contact information in OP.

3 Likes

Fightin’ in the area has earned the attention of the press:

https://www.redwoodtimesonline.com/redwood-times
2 Likes

It seems Darkshire is under attack every weekend according to the rumors.

Rumors bring fear. Fear brings work. We work and business is booming.

1 Like

:crossed_swords: Events so far:

• Meeting between the Horde groups and the man who hired them has taken place. Corvin Byrne, a once prominent Stormwind mage, now turned Forsaken is the one responsible. He has offered reward for helping him retrieve an unknown artifact from Outland. Plans to push in to Blasted Lands and in to the Dark Portal have begun.
  • Bartram Byrne has met with many groups within the Alliance asking for aid, and informing them of his brother, Corvin. Most recently he has met with members of The Remnants of Hope, The Ashen Vale, and Vigilante Nocturno. They discussed the potential threat this artifact could pose, if found, and how to deal with Corvin and those aiding him…

To Join our Campaign, or Learn More see the original post for my contact info.

4 Likes

[After the Swamp Slaughter of 5/10]

The Kaldorei Ranger pulled with all his might and managed to break free from the frozen swamp locking his feet in place. He’d just about broken into a sprint before a sharp pain erupted in his shoulder. An abomination’s meat hook sunk through his armor and into his shoulder blade, ripping him off his feet and dragging him through the mud.

The ranger tried tearing the hook from his flesh but shortly was in the paws of the flesh golem, who effortlessly picked him up and slammed him down into the ground with such force that the mud felt like solid stone street. Dazed and blinking the ranger lifted his throbbing head up and turned to see two other prisoners: a human weeping uncontrollably and a dwarf staring emotionlessly at the ground.

A Forsaken clad in a bleak mockery of Loraderon paladin armor strode atop the swamp water, eyeing them all. The ranger’s blood ran cold as the Forsaken’s gaze met his. She cracked a wicked, crimson smile, teeth still dripping with fresh gore.

“Oh me, oh my, we’ve a runner!” she said as she skipped over girlishly to him.

“Ambercrombie be a dear, would you?” she said to the abomination who immediately jammed it’s massive finger into the ranger’s shoulder wound, then started twisting. He let out a shriek and the Forsaken was upon him, gripping his throat and breathing deeply.

“Oh, you, you - you just might be worthwhile. Your soul tastes of hatred, and such purposeful regret. More men like you and perhaps this wouldn’t have been such a dreadful waste of time” the Forsaken said, stroking his hair with enough force that her claws broke skin.

All of them looked upwards as the beating of wings became audible. They then all shivered as a distinct and unnatural cold gripped them and the surrounding area, withering flowers on the spot and dusting the dirt with a hint of frost. He knew what was coming before the air started freezing in his lungs. Before he could stop himself, he muttered;

“No… not them”.

A valkyr descended unto the area as the Forsaken readied her sword.

“Oh, no? Come now handsome. You strike me as strong. This should be a blessing to you. But for the others?” she gestured at the still sobbing human and the dwarf who would’ve successfully drowned himself if not ripped from the swamp water by an attentive geist, “Well… they’ll make fine servants if nothing else” she added.

Time seemed to slow as the Forsaken brought her blade up and swung it down toward his neck. He closed his eyes and figured his last thought ought to be a nice one. He thought of old friends gone to soon, lost lovers and the daughter he never was able to know. His list of loved ones was beginning to run short before the sinking of blade into flesh was replaced with an unfamiliar sound.

Schvrmmmmmmm!

The ranger’s eyes looked up and saw a dazzling shield of Light form around him, deflecting the Forsaken’s blade.

To be continued

6 Likes

“How did we end up here?”, Jim muttered to himself.

Sitting in the middle of a swamp, barricading themselves in one of the “sturdier” huts, Jim, the other Blackhearts, and soldiers from the Lionguard waited for the inevitable.

Thinking back, Jim regretted ever taking this contract. It sounded like a sweet deal, no wetwork, just babysitting a bunch of scared townsfolk in Darkshire.

A war horn suddenly brought Jim back to the present. Hoofbeats could be heard in the distance and a scout confirmed a large hostile force was incoming.

Sitting in the hut, in the middle of this swamp everyone rose and gave each other a resigned, silent nod. All veterans, they knew what was about happen. Again war horns began blaring, closer this time.

Still silent, the assassins placed a gloved fist over their Black Hearts and the soldiers shouted “Pride and Glory!”

9 Likes

Faustadt sneered as her blade bounced harmlessly off the dome of Light that encapsulated her victims.

“Care to explain what you’re doing there, Kat?” a familiar voice asked from the sky.

She snarled a curse through clenched teeth before regaining her composure, “Prime Governor, what a welcome surprise”.

Benedikt fluttered down but continued levating so that he might more literally look down on the Baroness’s behavior.

“For them, perhaps. It seems in your excitment you forgot our directive about prisoners of war.” chided Benedikt.

“Did I? Oh, how rude of me. I’m ever so embarrassed” said Faustadt, innocently batting her eyes.

“Mhmm” Benedikt replied, rolling his.

He dispersed his dome and began inspecting the Baroness’s catch from left to right. The dwarf and the kaldorei starred daggers back at him, waiting for the next shoe to drop in whatever sadistic game these undead were playing. The human, overwhelmed by the evenings relentless drama, appeared to have fainted. Benedikt locked eyes with the two still concious prisoners and began probing their minds.

“Contractors, paramilitary, and even a few criminal syndicate enforcers. This kerfuffle certainly conjured quite the cretinous collage” Faustadt remarked.

“Indeed” Benedikt muttered as he processed the prisoners’s thoughts.

“You two are free to go” announced Benedikt, in common, to the dwarf and kaldorei.

They looked at Benedikt, then eachother, then took off in a sprint in opposite directions, serpentining the whole way. Benedikt chuckled.

“You know at some point they’re going to have to realise I’m just letting them go. If I wanted to eat them I’d have done it already. I wouldn’t benefit from the exercise of hunting them twice and Light knows I don’t want them to burn any fat.” mused Benedikt aloud.

Faustadt gave a sigh, lamenting the loss of her playthings as they disappeared into the swamp.

“What of the man? Are we to leave him here at the mercy of the wild?”

Benedikt muttered some eldritch words and shadowy tendrils began forming around the human’s ankles and wrists, jerking him upright.

“Quite the performer, this one. But no terrified, unconscious mind is that difficult to breach” Benedikt said as Faustadt cocked an eyebrow.

He floated up to the now clearly awake and demonstrably unfrightened human.

“I do commend SI:7 on their psychic resistance training” Benedikt said in Common to the man, fading into a spectral form as he did so to dodge a toxic dart spat at him, “But you just can’t turn it off to save your life, can you?”.

The SI:7 agent sneered at Benedikt as Faustadt’s dissapointment started cautiously turning to glee.

“Take this man to the research site. If Special Agent Volodin can’t crack him I’m confident Bloodhawk will have some grimorie that will manage it” Benedikt said, turning away as Faustadt’s servants began subduing the man by practically mummifing him in chains.

“I’ll see to it. Shall I resume my command over this operation?”

“We shall see. I’m going to hazard diplomacy with the Lions not here for a paycheck. If that proves fruitless, well, then, as you were Kat” Benedikt said as he dispersed into a shadow and took off skyward.

5 Likes

Night before the battle, just before daybreak:

The orc brute pushed passed the last bit of brush. After what seemed like hours of drudging through the bog, they had finally reached where they needed to be. A small clearing, in the middle of the swamp.

Peering across the opening, the orc made out a silhouette. A humanoid. The orc pulls out a small metal rod from his pouch, a tuning fork, and struck it across his metal breastplate three times. He looks across the clearing, towards the figure, and waits for a response… A brief moment of silence and then the figure returns a similar three chimes.

“Corvin” the orc muttered, looking behind himself now, “He is here.”

Corvin, the undead mage, the one responsible for the Horde groups gathering in Stonard, places his hand on the orcs shoulder as he passes by, “Thank you.” and makes his way into the clearing.
“Yes?” he asks, towards the shadow.

“At your feet.”

Looking down, Corvin could now see a bit of rolled parchment at his feet. He picked it up, unfurled it, and read it.

Darkshire forces coming through tomorrow evening. -R

“You have always been dramatic.” Corvin said, as he looked back up. His eyes unable to find the figure again.

“Corvin, he has left.” The orc whispered to him from behind.

“I think it is time we did the same.” Corvin replied, as he pushed his way back in to the brush of the swamp. “We must prepare our group for whats to come, and begin our way to the Dark Portal.”

4 Likes

You got room for +1 Hordeside?

2 Likes

[A week or so ago]

Cinderion sat at a table in the Guardian’s Library, sipping a glass of wine poured from a bottle pilfered from Karazhan’s cellars. He casually paged through some dusty books but kept his main focus, pointedly disinterestred though it was, on a bowl of demon blood broadcasting a gathering of Alliance in Nethergarde from an inquisitor eye’s view.

“A keep constructed to meet the Legion, helpless against one of the most basic demonic methods of surveillance” he muttered to himself, words dripping with disdain.

He snapped his fingers and two servitor skulls ceased their dutiful cataloguing of the library to hover over to the bored Blood Mage. He bonked both with his verdant spheres and they immediately began projecting an image of Prime Governor Benedikt and Baroness Faustadt respectively.

“Your excellency, your highness, I bring good and bad news. Faustadt’s intel was correct, and Benedikt it would appear this Lightsong Priestess survived and is present. I can send my agent to deliver the message whenever you’d like”.

“And what’s the bad news, Bloodhawk?” Benedikt inquired.

“It would appear the Alliance is as clueless as to the nature of this artifact and the investors funding the expedition to find it as we are. There’s some debate as to if the thing even exists.” Cinderion replied.

“The gold paying people to find it certainly is, and so the Alliance threat to our interests remains.” added Faustadt.

“Chief Executor Creed dug up something on the undead investor. Apparently he’s a black market relic trader. Purports to have been some authority on the topic of magic artifacts in life. Some agent of Stormwind’s House of Mages by the sound of it.” said Benedikt.

“How certain of this are we? Drunk thieves in bars aren’t known to be fountains of truth” said Faustadt.

“Fairly. No direct ties to Dalaran and if he was connected to the Mage’s Quarter Magistrate Dalaras would likely know of him. Process of elimination means either he’s a hedge wizard with a remarkable self taught skill in artifact appraisal or he is indeed formerly of the Stormwind House of Mages. Rumors also swirl around the object - some claim it could be some chronomancy focus - though this information is dubious at best.” said Benedikt.

Cinderion’s eyebrows twitched with interest.

“If the ladder is the reality then whatever he was up to is classified. This provides us with an interesting opportunity. The Alliance are also quite curious as to the details of this troublesome item. Perhaps we could convince some to aid us in retriving some sealed documents.” suggested Cinderion.

“And if those rumors are true then we need to seize or destroy this anomaly immediately. That power would put many at our mercy. Best for it to be in our hands or no one’s.” said Faustadt.

Benedikt’s image rubbed his chin in thought, “Putting our agents in the heart of hostile territory with the good will of enemies as their only safety net does not sit well with me. However, there is mutual concern and we may be able to trust some Alliance to hold that interest above the reward for catching spies.”

“The House of Mage’s has a vault of information DIS could do wonders with. I doubt we’ll have a chance at inside support again. That data would be worth it’s weight in a hundred dead agents.” said Faustadt.

Cinderion’s eyes flicked to the images shimmering in the demon blood, taking note of the various cut-throats and brigands at the meeting.

“Oh I’d not dream of risking many of ours your excellency. In chess the pawns go first.” said Cinderion, quickly, before an argument broke out between the two images.

“I do suspect we could outsource a fair amount of the legwork from the look of things. Allow me to assemble a task force and submit a plan for approval.” he added.

Benedikt mulled over the idea, “Very well. If you wish to manage this then it is in your hands Bloodhawk. Go ahead and tell your man to deliver the message. I’ll begin preparing the rendezvous point” said Benedikt.

“At once.” replied Cinderion, nodding to both of them as the images flickered out and the servitor skulls returned to their usual duties.

“Morrak!” Cinderion yelled, startling his observer out of it’s trance like study.

“Yes, Master?” the observer asked as it turned and floated over to Cinderion.

“Fetch my least expensive finery. We’ve to visit some hives of scum and villainy, and I fear I may jeopardize the mission with felfire if a pirate vomits on my good robes” explained Cinderion.

The observer wiggled an affirmative and zoomed off to search his master’s wardrobe for the proper attire. Cinderion finished his glass of wine and turned his attention back to the demon blood.

“Hmm. We’ll need someone competent but not so competent I can’t liquidate them if need be” he thought allowed, scanning the assembly, “Which one of you will do?”.

4 Likes

((I’m interested. Good luck with the evenet!))

2 Likes

Setting: Blasted Lands. Five agents stand around a fire outside a defunct mine. Iceni arrives disheveled and haphazard.

Iceni–What’s going on in there?

Yancey–Dunno.

Iceni–Humph. Sending five agents into a mine? I hope its for a good cause. Any money in it?

Jim–No one knows.

Iceni–Well, might as well have a drink and wait this out then. No one knows anything eh?

Jim shakes his head no. His attention turns back to the two agents drunken boxing match between Callahan and Romulus.

noises from inside the mine

Iceni–That can’t be good.

Destrey appears in the entry to the mine. “We’re under attack!”

Romulus leads the charge into the mine to avenge his fallen comrades Iceni follows, staggering and clutching the hem of her overly long dress. Arrows sear through the air, a scorpion snaps at her feet. Cacophony of sound bounces off the walls of the collapsing mine. “How many?” Iceni yells into the din. “Five,” Jim yells back. Why. Is. No One. DYING! Iceni screams through clenched teeth. “They have healers! Three!” Orlandeau yells.

Iceni runs out of the mine. To breathe, to think.

The only explanation was they wanted Blackheart blood. There was no ransom. No gold. It was a trap. The code of the Blackhearts rises … her blood begins to boil.

One of us, equals many of us,
disrespect one of us, you’ll see plenty of us…

8 Likes

Meanwhile…

[A Week ago, Booty Bay, After the Peace Negotiations]

“Be safe.”

Aeriara Lightsong bowed to her allies finishing off their drinks in the Salty Sailor Tavern and made her way out the door. It was late, the boardwalks illuminated by starlight and dim lanterns as she made her way towards the docks. A ramp down took her further from the main city hub and as the boardwalk opened up a bit she took a moment, leaning against a railing and looking out over the sea. A mix of exhaustion and wine swirled, and she felt heavy, sluggish.

The talks had gone well, to her complete surprise. Aside from the occasional jabs, both sides were able to stay focused and composed, and determine some common goals. Perhaps a fight should break out before every diplomatic mission, she mused, lips curling into a smile. She shook her head, reminded once more how much work there was still to be done. This was only the beginning.

It took her a moment to notice the sound of footfalls at her side, and a shadow looming closer.

'Is that you, Brot–"

An explosion of white stars clouded her vision as she turned and before she could cry out again, a second blow to her head sent the priestess into complete darkness.

2 Likes

Benedikt levitated about the halls of Shadowfang Keep, reviewing several reports from the Desolate Conclave’s various branches, mindfully making sure to respond accordingly to all the spirit’s hauntings. The spectral servants he’d admitably taken for granted had begun protesting for something after Executor Creed left some Defias literature in the banquet hall. He of course wanted to address their grievances but as their primary form of communication was formless wailing or making the walls bleed he wasn’t quite sure what their demands were.

‘When it rains…’ Benedikt said to himself as he saw a vibrating servitor skull float toward him. He pressed the forehead fully expecting to see Magistrate Dalaras complain yet again about delayed humanoid meat shipments for refugees. He was a touch taken back when the image of a Kaldorei Illidari appeared.

The dutiful Tirisfal Draught Co. security officer explained there was a full on Alliance raiding party marching dangerously close to the Duskwood Research Site. Annoying enough, but upon being informed that they were searching for the missing Priestess Lightsong he was filled with first worry, then nigh homicidal fury upon learning they apparently blamed his organization for her capture.

Pulsing with such hateful shadow energy that even Baroness Faustadt turned on her heel and chose not to investigate the disturbance, he reached out to Bloodhawk directly with psionic magic, demanding a portal to Karazhan this instant. He’d be addressing this slander personally.

4 Likes

Update, common knowledge at this point:

The Battlefront:

-The Horde is after the Artifact. Their base is in Stonard, and they can continue into the Blasted Lands and through the Dark Portal at any moment.

-The Alliance has set up defenses in the Blasted Lands to stop the Horde’s progress.

-Tensions between the Alliance and Horde have escalated quickly, as the two camps have fought.

-Members from each faction have discussed peace. Whether a peace agreement will be upheld, is unknown.

-Recently, prominent members of each faction were kidnapped. They have been rescued, but their captors remain unknown.

-The Artifact is due to appear in Outland SOON. Securing the artifact when it appears should be a top priority.

The Artifact:

-This Artifact was the eye of a Bronze Dragon. It is very unstable, and it shifts between different times and realities. It is believed to have time altering abilities.

-Anyone who comes in to contact with the Artifact vanishes and is never seen again.

-Your contacts (characters played by me) claim to have a vessel capable of containing the Artifact. While contained, the Artifact will remain within our current time and dimension.

-The Artifact appears at random locations, your contacts feel they know when and where that will be.

5 Likes

Really glad I’ve had the chance to participate so far. It has been a blast, and the story has all these branches and side bars. One of these days I’d like to know the whole story on what those Elves are up to! :wink:

2 Likes

Friday Night, June 26th.

Corvin looked down from the crater’s rim that surrounded the Dark Portal. Heavy fighting was occurring below, and his forces initial push did not have the impact he had expected. He grew tired of delays, there wasn’t enough time remaining before his ultimate goal would appear in Outland.
He lifted his hand in to the air, and gave a motion towards the Portal. As he did, more Horde mercenaries reached the craters rim, before charging down in to the crater and towards the Dark Portal.

He would breach Outland tonight, at any cost.

OUTLAND:
Now that the Horde has pushed through to Outland, they have began to spread out their forces across the zones, to prepare for the Bronze Dragon Eyes appearance.

Corvin and Bartram has given each side a list of possible locations for the Eye to appear, those locations are:

• ♖ Hellfire Fortifications, Hellfire Peninsula
  • ♜ Twin Spire Ruins, Zangarmarsh
  • ♖ Halaa, Nagrand
  • ♜ Bone Wastes, Terokkar Forest

Corvin, and Bartram, have taken up residence in different sections of Shattrath.

I encourage everyone to find locations for their groups in Outland to set up a base or camp.
This week we will focus on RP.

Bar Night’s for Horde and Alliance will be held in Shattrath City at the World’s End Tavern. WM ON.

• Horde Tuesday Night 8pm.
  • Alliance Wednesday Night 9pm.
3 Likes