The Ranged Attack Power buff is a change, not a bugfix

Haseo -

Have you tried that dream elixir yet?

Let me know.

Classic ALREADY isn’t a museum piece.

3 Likes

well uh, Im not trying to say dont pursue your dreams, but a museum piece would be in a museum on display. you want to be a museum piece? like a statue? seems weird. maybe you mean classic be a museum piece? that would make more sense. but no, we have never argued for classic to be a “museum piece” and if there is something in the game that is not functioning as intended, it should be fixed. intended function is more important than obsessive adherence. as long as it is done correctly. this ranged attack power buff correction is an example of a gameplay feature being corrected to the way it was intended to function.

1 Like

It’s inconsistent with what they’ve done with other “bugs”, for one thing. And that is usually to keep it as it was in vanilla even if it was a “bug”. Most of the exceptions have to do with PvP and how the meta has adapted to exploiting old bugs which were not commonly exploited in vanilla.

Change world buff AP affecting ranged AP. Check.
Keep artificial lag, batching, and leeway. Check.

Makes sense.

it hasn’t been as close to vanilla as possible long long LONG before this change. That ship has already sailed.

1 Like

Ahh, like premades in AV? I mean, we could form those in Vanilla but that was changed in Classic.

Classic has already gone far away from Vanilla, as well it should because lots was broken and horrible back then. Let’s have a real, living game. Vanilla had 12 major patches and a ton of minor ones. It was a real, living game.

1 Like

I mean… they may as well give Paladins Crusader Strike, and rogues Shadow step, Cloak of shadows, Deadly throw and shiv.

2 Likes

Those things show up in different expansions; they aren’t bug fixes.

Also:

Haseo -

Have you tried that dream elixir yet?

Let me know.

Well, this seems like a good time to start balancing some other classes. Let’s start with boomkins, cats, rets, Spriests and enhancements and give them some love.

Game is already nowhere near close to the original one. The “museum piece” has been thrown out ever since they introduced layering and their mega servers. Who cares about this fix? AQ already speed cleared every week anyway.

Kinda like the “Fix” that blizzard is implementing.

1 Like

So does this mean paladin big beefy AP buff will now affect hunters too?

Blessing of Might is melee specific.

…though I wouldn’t say no to it. :slight_smile:

Also:

Haseo -

Have you tried that dream vision elixir yet?

Let me know.

Blizzard should have went with a real reimagining & basic update/fix of Vanilla WoW anyway, instead of trying to clone it half-azz style. My opinion.

Relating to original post: It’s a clear bug fix that happens to fix in a positive way what was originally intended for Hunters. A real buff-change would be changing things that said “melee attack power” (like Blessing of Might) to “attack power” & have them affect both melee & ranged attack power.

5 Likes

Looking at the article presented, the buffs being specified to be changed include buffs which read as just, “increases Attack Power” … while others such as BoM or the Orc racial Blood Fury which state “Melee Attack Power” are not listed. So, it definitely seems like it should buff rAP too, based on the wording and the fact that they do differentiate between the two.

1 Like

No changers are the worst thing that happened to classic to be honest.

These type of changes should have been frequent and started early on. Nearly everything that went wrong with classic was from a lack of changes. Majority of the people who came back to play the game were unanticipated. And majority of those players actually wanted improvements and adjustments to the game. They probably lost more customers than they gained by listening to the no changers.

6 Likes

Without the private server community there would be no classic. We are literally the reason for classics existence.

This is not an argument about things that need to be fixed. This is a matter of design intention being SHATTERED and going against the entire reason classic is a thing in the first place.

You can have your changes. It will be without someone who proudly signed the petition, someone who was one of the 15,000 players of Nostalrius, and someone who supported the game like I said I would until GAMEPLAY CHANGES were introduced with phase 6.

I hope you enjoy your morally compromised development team with no respect for the past, for the game I and so many others loved.

I knew better than to trust current Blizzard.

2 Likes

Have you tried that dream vision elixir yet?

:slight_smile:

Come on dude. Go drink one. They are cheap. Let me know.

I assume this means you’ll be quitting and leaving the forums then?