The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

Add M+ gear into the mix, and it’s much worse.

Or just have both…

You won’t have uncapped valor, so early tier M+ gear will be quasi worthless compared to Heroic raid gear.

Or just have currency to Catalyst any old drop.

Why should Tier even be RNG at this point ? It’s literally a talent system.

1 Like

Then you push Raid as something nobody wants to do. Why would you raid if you get everything outside of Raid? Put Tier a raid-only drop. Players would seek for it.

Players who dont do dungeons and who dont do raid, wont need Tier Sets. People who do M+ can do Raid… they just need something from Raid.

They also hurt no one by having ilvl 246 tier.

1 Like

PvP, or just people who want to play around with the new tier bonus.

2 Likes

Because I enjoy raiding. There are still plenty of items, however, that drop in raid that you can only get from raid.

2 Likes

Delete Creation Catalyst and let them hunt for a new game to play.

1 Like

There is definitely a huge issue with the fact that if you’re wanting to do even Normal difficulty raiding, you need an addon to be effective.

Mythic raiding should be doable without any addons installed. I think this would be a great time to go that course, as Blizzard is revamping the UI to try to eliminate players needing so many addons.

1 Like

Something needs to be done. Huge reason I didn’t pre-order.

I play to raid. I used to really enjoy raiding as a social activity. Now it feels like a waste of time.

As much as I hate M+, it is by far the better way to gear.

Until season 4, I was always the least geared in my raid groups because I refused to do the M+15 vault grind. And it felt bad being capped out at heroic ilvl where everyone else her mythic ilvl from M+ vaults, it was dumb.

5 Likes

I definitetly feel that. I’ve been in the exact same boat.

You mean raid or die? No thanks. The game is infinitely better without raid or die.

You can Raid without doing M+ in either setup. You really can, anyone saying otherwise is an unconfident liar. You couldn’t M+ without Raiding if you go back to that. Unless they want to make tier sets trivial amounts of power.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree that they need to do a better job of standardizing the enemy telegraphs. It doesn’t help that there is a lot of visual effects going on nowadays as well.

The UI isn’t the issue. 20 people, 6 bombs randomnly assigned, 6 holes spread over 40 yards. You have 5 seconds to react. Go.

Fatescribe was the same. 12 debuffs, 4 rings 40-50 yards away from the raid, tight run timer (pre-nerf). Go.

4 Nighthunters, 4 adds on an 80 yard platform, far north, south, east, and west. You have 6 seconds. Go.

Of course all of this was scripted with a Weak aura that can react in 0.01 second to make all the assignments and people just need to run to where they are assigned.

I think trash is fine if it has a mechanic that gets you to pay attention and not fall asleep during it.

That’s why… this game has Effort = rewards. Have them make an effort on Raid and they would be rewarded.

Instead, you want everyone to be entitled, now everyone has Tier Sets. They should be able to beat Raid. But nope, they dont want to play it. Let it die. I guess.

Shadowlands killed Raiding. All expansions except Shadowlands… only Raid has tier gear. That’s the norm. Now, entitlement is the norm. You get full set of Tier Set without setting a foot on Raiding. Let Raiding die then.

Yes if you’re killing the last 2-4 mythic raid bosses which less than 10% of the player base does every season.

did you see the article they posted with the changes to how they’re structuring ilvl drops? it looks promising.

eh, at the start of a new tier (and especially expansion) you can do one key a week and likely get an upgrade. not guaranteed of course, but likely.

I simmed the LFR dagger from rygelon on my mage and i got 2k dps increase over any other possible weapon at 304 ilvl. :skull:

1 Like

Everything in this game should be beating stuff with your friends.

Too many are way too focused not only on the loot that drops but how much better it is than someone else’s.

In the years I have played this game I had some of the best gear and progression and some of the worst and it never mattered. Just enjoy helping whatever team I am on.

1 Like