The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

They keep trying to push raids and it’s not working. :hocho:

5 Likes

Raiding is dying because mechanics have become overly complicated, overlaps massively deadly if not navigated perfectly, and is basically a game of who has the most configured weak auras to be able to make inhumanely possible assignments on the fly.

Take Jailer and the 6 bomb mechanic. How the heck does one manage to assign 6 holes to 6 bomb carriers in the 5 seconds you get. How did Blizzard think this would end ? Of course it’s scripted. It’s scripted with a big nice visual aid and even then, early prog, what you hear most is “I didn’t make it to my hole”.

Raiding has devolved into a sort of arms race between Weak Aura makers and Blizzard mechanic designers.

But you know, the Range Radar was way too stronk, no way we could have that.

4 Likes

Mythic raiding this expansion has been as follows.

1. You learn the fight within the first couple of pulls. Fight does not seem hard.
  2. Wait for that one person that wipes the raid every pull to figure it out.
  3. Wait for 100+ pulls.
  4. Profit.

10 man mythic when? Dead weight really kills the experience. :laughing:

5 Likes

Oh, so the loot from early bosses is going to be pointless.

I hate it.

It’s dying because raiding sucks.

The loot sucks, especially for raid loggers. And unless you’re an extremely coordinated progression guild it’s not that much fun anymore. Too many extreme mechanics with annoying logic puzzles built into them. Creates a real mess in casual raids.

The last 4 bosses in SotFO are good examples. So many mechanics that just don’t work unless everyone has the same ping and can coordinate well enough to avoid “you first, no you first” type conflicts like everyone having to stand alone in their own circle. You just sit there watching players with a bad ping reacting two seconds later then everyone else as they run around trying to find an empty circle and eventually kill two people.

1 Like

It’ll feel like HFC most likely. If you have Mannoroth/Archimonde Heroic loot, the first 4 on Mythic feel completely pointless.

They need to cut down on the amount of trash in raids for one OP.

Wrath Classic opens on the 26th if you really want ToGC.

Trash in raids is fine.

Disagree, Castle Nathria had so much trash and my group didn’t enjoy it. You’re not countering me on my opinion btw.

2 Likes

Honestly that format was fine. Like, barebones and budget cuts or whatever, but having one room with five bosses and no trash is kind of cool.

I enjoyed and remember most of the fights despite it being reused assets.

1 Like

Never raid led ? Trash is a great way to give the lead the time to load up the assignment note, adjust it for the current roster, make the swaps needed from and to bench instead of having the raid sit in front of the boss idle while he does it.

Allows for a much smoother experience.

Try 500.

:nauseated_face:

Yes, the guild I joined literally spend 469 pulls to kill Painsmith. Thankfully I was only in for like… 60. But even that is too much.

I was putting up purple parses / not dying to mechanic consistently after about 10 pulls.

I’m not saying Mythic Raiding is completely free - the top guilds coming up with the strats as well as fighting the pre-nerf versions of the fights are running up against some real brick walls, but your average Joe Mythic Raid guild struggles instead because it has some terrible, terrible players (grey parsers) holding 19 other people back. And that’s just cringe. I had my fill of it after just two raid tiers of Mythic Raiding. I’ll M+ or I’ll quit and that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

I miss smaller 10-man raiding.

Although it wouldn’t help much anymore since I’ve kind of stopped doing stuff.

I have. I have many times actually. But I’m looking at the overarching issue that I’ve encountered in my raiding experience.

Raid scene is dying because it’s too much like a job.

6 Likes

raiding is bad this is a video game not a second job

2 Likes

The Trash is literally a 5 minute break before you spend 2 hours on a boss. It’s not an issue that prevents anyone from raiding.

The raiders I’ve talked with don’t find the trash an issue really.

You’re not seeing my point. And I’m not going to discuss this with you if you don’t understand why an excessive amount of trash isn’t enjoyable.

2 Likes

Wait a sec doesn’t raid ilvl surpass M+ at one point or am i wrong here?

Cool mine don’t enjoy it. Guess that’s the end of it.