The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

All of this is BS.

That
 that comes off?

I support as many endgame options as possible. People should raid because they like raiding, do dungeons because they like doing dungeons, et cetera.

All should be viable endgame paths that you can dip in and out of as you please.

Raid gear does need buffed. However, I don’t want to be “forced” to raid on toons that I have no interest in doing so on.

P.s. add 10 man mythic. Small group content is better. That’s one of the main reasons I like keys so much. Less people to deal with.

9 Likes

Yes it does! We gnomes have 37 toes to share, most people think we have 8 but they don’t see the ones that are inside our feet.

2 Likes

Scream it from the rooftops! Yeah baby!

3 Likes

Toss sweet gem slots on Raid gear and make jewel crafting a viable goddarned profession again. Why is it so hard?!

2 Likes

Hm
 interesting.

Learning a lot about gnome biology today.

2 Likes

The things you didn’t know, that you prolly didn’t need to know.

1 Like

Feel like you answered your own complaint with this.

I don’t think it’s dying, but if it is it’s because of the amount of people necessary to get your foot in the door.

The gear could be another factor sure, however I know far more people who wouldn’t touch mythic because of the Logistics Boss requiring 20 people that are also competent.

Raid loot is also not bad, many good trinkets and weapons have come from raids, which at least for me can be incentive enough.

If you really want raiding to be viable again, give both M+ and Raid gear the same stats and then just give raid gear a gem slot for a 2% gem buff on whatever stat. It doesn’t have to be hard. Then just give M+ gem slots on things like rings, weap, and trinks.

Edit: You could also put end content lootable specialty gems at the ends of both raids and mythics, like they used to do in TBC. And make players go for both M+ and raids to get their best gems.

It is rather gross, yeah.

That wood set of armor looks so cool.

So you want pve gear to not be used in pve content but want ppl to raid which is pve content and still get pve gear? Rly doesnt male much sense does it

Imagine if keystone gear was better/bis in keys, and raid gear got a similar treatment.

They (soft) separated PvP and PvP. No reason they can’t do the same thing with keys and raids (to some degree, obviously, where high tier gear is still good going from one to the other, just not the BEST).

1 Like

For real. I would 10-man raid for sure. The problem is that every guild I’ve been in so far has had at least 1 dead-weight player to fill the 20-person roster, even guilds that are getting ~9/10M, and it just ruins the experience. I just hate dead-weight. Maybe other people who have raiding for years can deal with it, but it just completely ruins the experience for me.

In a key, I can play with a party of 5 and know that everyone in my group is good and that while players may make mistakes we all make them in equal share and so its just a good time and nobody gets resentful of being held back by a player in the party due to politics etc. Nobody is in our M+ team because “they’re an officer who offers financial support” or whatever, everyone is there to pump. M+ is just so pure and concentrated fun compared to Raiding.

4 Likes

Another thing that I like about M+ over raids is the lack of homework, unless you’re tanking. Besides a few choice bosses in Karazhan, I don’t have to know anything, I can just follow the cute little tank around and shoot whatever they’re slapping.

1 Like

Ah yes, we needed another thread on this. Good, very good.

The classic, me no like this, therefor nerf it rather than asking for buffs to what I like.

Cool, cool. That strategy just works out so well for Blizz.

Which means that it’s not good enough content.

Do you only pug raids? If so then yes, I can see that, but raiding is meant to be done in a guild, and there is always plenty of excess loot to go around in raid after a couple weeks in a guild.

Then you will, 100%, without any doubt in my mind, all but end raiding. The people who keep asking for this clearly want to see raid die.

Yes, I’m really enjoying the 25 Trashmaster’s Mantles that have dropped for me this season.

3 Likes

See, as a m+ tank I like the homework.

Raid tanking (including mythic) is just boring 90% of the time. lol

M+ tanking is way more enjoyable.

M+ is also a ton of fun on my raid toon (mage) too. I love actually using the utility of the spec while blowing up some big aoe pulls.

3 Likes

I actually don’t think this is a terrible idea after spending 30 seconds of thought on it

Same, burst aoe is enjoyable! Especially in low levels, the big pulls just get deleted especially if all three dps have cds up. I’ll always think that the first pull is the best part of the whole dungeon.

Coming from vanilla and not knowing anything about mythic plus, this sounds fantastic!

Also raiding was never difficult. Just a matter of memorizing choreography. Takes some time to do but it’s not difficult.