The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

Raiding is dying because the current iteration is complete dogwater.

Overtuned bosses where rezzes don’t even matter because if your eyebrows hit the edge of any mechanic, it’s a wipe for everyone in the group.

And the loot is so limited and miserable. I ran a fated heroic SoD last week and got two bracers in 10 bosses. Wow, cool, my legendary slot I can’t replace. What a waste of time.

Literally only the dinars and essences are worth anything in the raids this season.

I don’t know why some raiders are delusional enough to expect that if M+ is kneecapped, all those players would filter into raiding guilds.

Like, duh, those players are just gonna quit or stop PVE’ing entirely.

Mythic raiding needs to be redesigned, and focused less on the 0.000001% world first players lmao. Just because they love playing 16-hour days for a month doesn’t mean everyone else wants to.

Make raiding drop more loot. Makes bosses with less instant wipe mechanics. Allow cross-faction mythic raiding, and guilds, disable mythic lockouts. Allow mythic to be player-scaled to a certain degree.

Make it less miserable.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think they can without pretty much breaking addons completely.

Even Plater, a name plate add-on, now has scripting capabilities for when a debuff pops up on a specific mob or a specific mob spawns.

I have a WA that highlights important mobs on plater. I love it. I dont think they should get rid of it, I think they should build it into the game and allow people to specify which mobs nameplates should show in a specific color, it just make it easire to target mobs.

Plater does this on its own now with Plater scripts.

For the Gavel to find your own soul fragment for instance :

https://wago.io/TVuCJins4

How? If there’s no power gain from doing both?

The power gain in both should be equivalent, not scaled down or nerfed.

That’s the proper solution.

Did you respond to the wrong person? I don’t thing any gear should “scale” in any situation.

Did you miss the “or nerfed” part ?

My point is there should be a power gain from doing both activities. You said there shouldn’t be. I disagreed.

So you disagree with the problem statement, then. You think someone who does both should be more powerful than someone who does one?

I think someone who does both should indeed have access to being geared overall faster and get access to BiS items on both sides.

1 Like

That’s fine. The game needs to adapt to change or it will die. Currently a lot of players don’t want to be tie to down a raid schedule every week and spend several hours 2 to 3 nights a week to raid. People want the freedom to do short dungeons every now and then to get gear. Real life things happen, schedule changes.

Without M+ WoW would have lost a lot of players. M+ is what save the game. I will even go as far as to say make all gear drop from M+ and raid is only for cosmetic/transmog, mount, achievement only. And all gear drops from M+ and valor farm.

1 Like

I don’t like to raid outside of rewards. I don’t like to do mythic outside of rewards. Both can be fun but I’m not a big fan of repeating the same thing over and over. I like to break it up.

No reward = stop asap

1 Like

I agree with you. I personally am not a m+ fan. I definitely love that it is in the game because it is very popular and I don’t mind doing it here and there. But, I feel like I have to do it to keep up with everyone in my guild. We aren’t forced to do it in my guild but at the same time, you don’t want to be the one 5+ ilvls lower that everyone as they do them.

This is why raiding has burnt me out a lot this expansion because I feel I have to spend more nights doing m+. I definitely preferred just raiding for the loot and feel heroic/mythic raiding should be higher ilvls vs doing a 20 mins dungeon and getting better rewards.

And I know no one is forcing me to do m+ but like I said, you don’t want to be that far behind everyone else in your guild and want to have your numbers up there with them.

You get a power gain from them in open world content.

Other then that, they should be seperated as “pillars” when it comes down to the each other content.

The proper solution is to not force players to play both if they are only interested in one or the other.

The opposite should be true too. Ppl don’t want to be forced or tied down to M+.

This is a statement that has 0 evidence to support it. If M+ was never announced then this issue would not be present or discussed and ppl would be discussing more about the current content then M+ loot.

You get that giving both equivalent rewards. Not one having massive better low end gearing and the other being hte only game in town for high end gearing.

I mean we could do the same thing for raids.

Also op is completely wrong M+ didn’t ruin raiding, it’s saving the game for anyone who can’t raid, which is actually a lot of people. You’re looking at at least 4-6 hours a week raiding if you’re serious. In M+ you can chunk it up into more bitesized pieces and even though there is SOME elitism in M+, it’s not nearly as hard to find a group for something. The WoW community is aging and we arent college kids with way too much time any more.

If it were up to me, there would be only 2 tiers of raiding (Normal, which would start out as normal difficulty but scale up to today’s heroic by the end) and mythic. You can queue for normal like LFR. That’s basically what people are doing with the lfg tool anyway.

For M+, you can use the queable groupfinder up to +15, anything higher is LFG or personal party.

For high level keys and mythic raiding you need to actually have an organized group.

I feel like we’re kidding ourselves by making eveyone use the LFG tool for everything. It’s not fun or engaging gameplay, just a hassle.

My guild exactly

1 Like

How do you prevent Group Finder use above +15 ?

I feel you don’t quite understand how the Group Finder works.

People would be talking about wether or not the game had enough players to support two separate servers.

Come on. Even the most biased talking heads can see m+ Is basically single handedly holding WoW up right now. Raiding is missing the mark in a huge way on player interaction, continuing a years long trend.

They need to address the issues with raiding, because like I said earlier - if having a monopoly os the only way you succeed, then you’re not succeeding. This isn’t oil or rubber, people don’t need to play this game.

You can go quite a bit higher than +15 in LFG.