The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

Only falls off if you’re a mythic raider though

How about both scales down if your in either content with the gear gained from either content (M+ scales down in raids and vice versa)

Players shouldn’t feel they are forced to grind in either or to do the content they want to do.

Yeah, and for the low-mid end you have people who can’t find people to carry them for free because said people have the options of doing keys while being selective of who they play with.

Raiding has so many warm bodies just kind of existing and making the experience worse for everybody else.

If they could could just fix the loot system it would make everybody stop crying over M+, RNG is way too involved right now when it should be a steady and linear progression.

2 Likes

Disagree.

Mythic+ vs Raiding is not the WoW equivalence of radio vs TV, or even TV vs On Demand.
It’s more akin to Mc Donald’s vs Burger King.
If Burger King goes out of business because a Mc Donald’s opened up down the road, it isn’t Mc Donald’s fault, it’s Burger King’s fault.
If Raiding is dying, it isn’t the fault of M+.

Both M+ and Raiding can exist together. One is not the logical future that will inevitably supersede the alternative. They’re different flavors of the same thing. End game PVE content.

Raiding is dying because of the barrier to entry and the overly complicated mechanics.
These are issues that exist with or without the existence of M+, and all we’d see is fewer people playing the game. Period. Than fewer people simply raiding.

3 Likes

If anything I would say the barrier to entry would be worse without M+ as an alternative gearing method for those players who show up late to a season/expansion. It’s a lot easier to get into a guild when you can say look, I’m already up to par on ilevel, I just need more experience vs showing up asking for a gear funnel for the next month in order to even begin to be competitive.

Raids aren’t designed for me. I am not a top 1% mythic raider. I tried SotFo on Heroic and even there, there’s mechanics if one person Fs up we all wipe. A boring hour of wipes on Nerzhul, or Halondrus, or whatever, for 5 boss kills in a row and no loot. What’s that 2 pieces per week on average?

So I’ll stick to mythic plus for now because it values my time.

1 Like

They design boss fights around weakaura, that’s how you know raiding is just bad right now.

This, instead of treating M+ as the enemy point fingers at the RNG instead and tell Blizz to fix it.

It’s exactly why it took this long for Blizzard to implement this Dinar system(Which should’ve been introduced a long time ago) as a deterministic way to get loot.

It’s also limited to server wide. Where as mythic plus you can play with your whole battle group. Mythic plus has less limitations. Raids have needless limitations, sames as guilds. Mythic raiding is also very limited. It’s made purposely harder to get into and form groups for.

1 Like

Yeah, and dbm. I like dbm and have had it forever. But I fully acknowledge the fact that as time has gone on, dungeons and raids are just 100 times easier with it, and that’s a problem… I think the only time i used just the vanilla ui for raids was in BC in Karazhan where I actually had to look.

I think there’s a better solution.

That’s the problem. If you have a product that can only succeed when it has a monopoly, you have a bad product. Fix the product.

I’d actually love this, I hope this happens.

1 Like

Getting Mythic ilvl gear in M+ is gonna be interesting, curious to see what they’ll do.

Wait did you say you can easily pug M+…lmao have you not done enough M+ or anything over a 15?

All my 15s-18s have been smooth sailing, because people generally know what to do. 10-14s are tough because that’s the ‘it’s about to get real’ range and lots of players are inexperienced or just suck.

1 Like

If pugging keys is too hard you could always pug the mythic raid for 304s.

DBM does almost nothing at this point. People literally turn off a lot of its stuff because it’s just superficial and frivolous noise.

Raiding is done through specific weak aura packs because they are superior to DBM in what they can do. DBM is like “something is coming, I can alert you”, the Weak Aura is like “something is coming, I can run a script to make all assignments for you”.

2 Likes

Oh… I don’t use weakaura. But everyone else does. I see what you mean about making a script for it, there’s something for everything. People can’t raid or do mythic+ without it these days.

I disagree with that solution. It does not solve the issue of “you must do m+ to raid, and you must raid to do M+”

I think that is a bit much. Maybe blizz should break weak aura.