The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

How about raid gear scales down unless you’re in a raid and m+ gear stays the same.

See? That reaction you just had. That’s why.

No because the amount of effort and time needed to do a single raid is far greater then what it takes to M+ dungeons that drop the same level gear.

A 7+ drops fated ilvl gear, with a 285 drop at the end of the week.
Its a hell of a lot easier to run, and even time if not ++ a 7+ then it is to run all of normal raid, which wont even get you a piece of gear in some cases.
Assuming you are running bare bone 10 man, and you do 10 bosses. Even if you are pumping it and pushing through the entire raid in say…3 hours. how many 7+ keys could you time? if not ++?

Now consider that its a lot easier to get 5 people together vs 10, which most of the time its about 12 people.

Raiding is just not worth the effort right now because M+ saturated the game with far easier to obtain gear.

1 Like

Feel better now?

Eh, a bit yeah. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

I kinda disagree, back in the days sure but right now I would say that raiding heroic isn’t any harder than doing a +20 key, the reward should be based on the difficulty of the content and not the amount of free time someone has.

I raid heroic and do a ton of keys and I would hate M+ to take a hit again especially when it’s the number 1 reason why me and most of my friends are still playing the game.

The devs agree and are willing to crash the same over it.

I 100% acknowledge that the opinion of mine that raid should drop the best loot is not the most popular, so you wont get an argument from me.

Its of my opinion, that i would rather see it go back to that, and anyone that does not like that can just leave. Like i would not be upset one bit, and i accept not everyone likes that. But thats the game i want and enjoyed.

1 Like

“I would rather WoW die than let other people enjoy it.” Kekw.

Wrath Classic exists so this mentality seems weird to me. A raid-only version of WoW exists. It is something that you can start leveling up in preparation for the raids.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes pretty much, I want retail wow to go back to what it was not what it currently is. I would rather wow loose half its population, if it meant going back to the game i want, not just reselling me the same game i played over 10 years ago.

I never said a “raid only version” im fine with M+ as a concept, im not fine with how its been handled and what its become. Im not fine that blizzard uses it as a lazy excuse and crutch for content making everyone do the same dungeons, for the same gear, for the entire exp, and call it content because the ilvl goes up.

2 Likes

I respect it, it’s just that the anti m+ community seems to be people who are not pushing keys or are afraid of getting into it because they think it’s too toxic while raiding is as if not more toxic.

I do both very seriously and I can tell you that I find much more enjoyment in pushing keys because there is no weekly lockouts, it’s fast, it’s challenging, it increases your skill level exponentially. There is no downside to M+ for me.

2 Likes

Awesome my good deed for the day has been did

Again im not anti M+ not in the least of it.
IM anti what M+ has turned into.

The orignal intent of M+ was, “Here is an alternative gearing path to raiding for people who cant devote the time, or find enough people to raid” And that was cool. that was awesome, and i was all for it.
Im not for it being such a far and away better gearing method that is has obliterated the point of raiding for most of the game. Im against it being able to drop Mythic raid level gear.
Im not for it being able to be spammed adnausiem to get gear thats on par with at content raid while raid and pvp for example are stuck with a hard cap at the number of attempts they get at loot per week.

If it was as it was orignally marketed an alternative, fine by me, but its not.

Also thats not even including the weird Esport scene blizzard has been trying to push with it as well, along with the horrible community that it has brought it with the insanity of IO scores. Like im not one to turn my nose up at elitism but my god, the IO system is a next level of stupidity brought about by the M+ community as it is.

2 Likes

It doesn’t though, this season for example the fated mythic gear is ilvl 311, the max you can get your items to in m+ is 298 if you upgrade with valor points and 304 from the vault.

And I believe the reason why the raid scene is somewhat dying is only because the WoW community is old and don’t have as much free time anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just worse, and should be buffed to be an equal form of endgame instead of a stepping stone.

Facts never stopped people from sharing their inexperienced opinion before.

No the reason its dying is because its just not worth doing for how little gear from raid vs M+ I mean look at normal, most people jsut skip over it and do heroic because the gear that it drops is not worth the effort as mid level keys drop normal raid gear, and it can be upgraded. Thats another thing M+ has gotten over raiding, upgradable gear.

2 Likes

No.

Instead of killing M+ in the name of raids, make raid drops worth the time and effort.

1 Like

For me it’s not wanting to play with the half dozen people who are merely present in raid, and the source of most wipes. Curiously these are the same people who get confused and upset that others would rather go into keys than play with them.

1 Like

It’s a 2 sided “problem” where mythic+ relative to raiding is much easier and rewarding at the low end while simultaneously being harder and much less rewarding at the top end.

2 Likes

Bro I can’t even count the amount of people on here who said “remove M+, it’s for the 1%” and now you’re telling me that it’s the one and only reason why raiding is dead.

I don’t even know what to say anymore.

If anything it only really benefits the lower end because the gear falls off.