The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

I hated CMs because they weren’t rewarding enough.

WoW is a game about gear progression. Nobody likes being downscaled and especially nobody likes slogging through content spending consumes and getting nothing to show for it progression-wise.

Prestige content like Mage Tower is fine but it isn’t a substitute for a core progression system.

1 Like

Bingo, M+ was just a start.

For those that wanna relive the glory days of raiding being the only way of getting endgame gear, classic is a thing.

3 Likes

These are both valid points. I do feel this way. WoW is both too unrewarding and too demanding of my time, at least for raiding these days.

This is a stupid take. Like a really stupid take. You feel that video games should be a job. They’re not. They’re video games.

Go touch some grass.

3 Likes

I would just change that to downscaled content sucks.

Mythic + was a mistake .

1 Like

I think it alienates more players than it appeals to. The echo chamber on these forums will have you think otherwise. They try to use raiderio data and their anecdotal experiences as some sort of evidence for it’s popularity. Meanwhile, outside these forums, M+ is loathed by a lot of people that used to play the game.

Classic’s popularity is proving that retail has just become way too sweaty for the casual MMORPG player.

All the people I know who used to play and quit really enjoyed M+ but hate the seasonal aspect of feeling like they’re thrown back onto a treadmill every few months.

Personally I agree with both of those sentiments, just not enough to quit the game over the second one (yet). It is exhausting feeling like I have to jump into the hamster wheel over and over again in order to stay even remotely welcome in groups. I mean, there’s something a little disheartening about having alts that were approaching a decent starter ilvl last season who are now getting upgrades from heroic dungeons again lol. But for people who have a lot more time to kill in the game than some of us, I get that it’s necessary to keep them interested.

I really like M+ though. I don’t have time to raid anymore with any real seriousness, and M+ gives me relevant, challenging content that provides upgrades without having to spend more than an hour at the computer per play session. Losing it would mean a lot of us leave because we don’t have anything worthwhile to do with our brief free time.

Sounds like you would be better served by having just more meaningful content in the game.

This is my biggest beef with M+, it is taking the place of Blizzard getting off their butts in making more content for players. They are instead focusing their time to creating endless gear treadmills, boring convoluted systems and time gating the little content that is available.

It feels like so much development is spent on systems most players hate.

No offense, but I don’t want to spend more time doing world quests or hunting for rare pets or achievements, or whatever solo players consider meaningful, which is great for them and all but … I like group content and I like being challenged by group content. M+ is a good middle-ground for people who want that kind of progression, but don’t have time for dedicated raiding.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about more solo content per say. Why doesn’t Blizzard make more dungeons these days if M+ is so popular? Grinding the same content for years on end is pretty much their moto these days.

I would love more dungeons, that’s for sure. (But I’d still like to run M+ on them all lol.)

2 Likes

I like the current system, it is very favorable to someone like myself that doesn’t do M+ but does Raid to AoTC level.

Loot hoarders that are only there to get loot are not a thing I see now in raids. No one rage quits the guild now because they lost the roll. Those players that do both M+ and raid are just good at it in general and as a bonus have a lot of loot to give away.

The only real sticking point with raid vs. M+ I have is that there are now no short raids because M+ supposedly fills that short content niche. I think it might be a good thing if all raids could be chunked like LFR where each raid had 2-4 bosses.

You are not wrong, the problem is, if M+ stayed what it was orignally intended to be, which was an alternative to raiding for those that could not dedicate the time to raiding, it would be fine. But its not, its become mainline bceause blizzard has decided to use it as a crutch and excuse for content.

Say what ever you like, but im sorry, the same 8 dungeons for an entire expantion, just letting it get harder to get the same items, just with a bigger number is not content.

The other issue is, its the best gearing method in the game, its far easier to spam even mid keys like 10s, then it is to raid heroic raids, and you get way more loot in mythic vs raiding.

M+ 100% killed normal raiding because normal raiding is basically pointless now as low keys will put you in raid gear.

Thats not even counting the sweaty players that M+ brought to wow, and allowed to grow and fester.

M+ Needs to imo have all its gear nerfed, with 15+ dropping the equivalent of heroic level raiding gear, as a start. And introduce for those who want a challenge, M+ as it was in MoP, which rewarded you for doing the challenge mode with armor and weapon cosmetics.

1 Like

I think the only thing that M+ does to Raiding is affect the replayability, a lot of guilds seems to die after AOTC, nobody wants to reclear because it’s pointless.

Mostly becuase the gear you get from raiding is such a pain in the butt to gets. Each week you only get one shot per boss in a raid, vs M+ which gives you a shot every time you clear, and even more of a chance if you do things like stacking your group with similar armor classes to pass loot around.

The raid scene is dying because of raiders not Mstuff.

I mean the amount of hoops one has to jump thru to be deemed worth of the group is mind boggling.

2 Likes

That’s what happen when you introduce a new feature (m+) in the game and don’t upgrade/find a new approach to old features (raids).

1 Like

Bro no its not lol. M+ players are WAAAAYYYY more selective on who they take, Normal raiders will take anyone with a heart beat. Heroic raiders just wanna know you can do the fight.

Well whats frustrating is there is a very easy solution. Increase drop rates and bring back ML(Which they are and im happy for)

Another thing they need to do imo is, Raiding should drop the best loot in the game through effects and on use items. thats just my opinion though.