The Raid Scene is Dying because of M+

these threads will keep happening until normal/heroic raids aren’t invalidating their own gear progression by getting carried through plus 15s

Honestly, I think it’s more that the Raiding scene is dying, because the community as a whole sucks to interact with, and M+ is just way more fun to run with friends.

Just speaking the truth; I DESPISE raiding now, because most people are… shall we say, unpleasant if you’re pugging. And while I can’t speak for anyone else, I’ll say that I don’t like having to plan my life around playing a video-game; I play games when I feel like it, and I play the game I WANT to play at that time. WoW is not the only game I play, and it’s way easier for me to catch some friends online and fill spots as needed for M+ runs, than trying to deal with the headache of forming a raid.

For those who enjoy Raiding, hey, more power to you. For me PERSONALLY, though, I honestly wouldn’t care if they nixed Raiding entirely, as long as they continued adding Class Sets. In fact, I would be MUCH more excited to have “4 new Dungeons” to run as M+ every few months, than I would a new Raid.

3 Likes

That was actually a good thing, a good feeling when you achieved something, rather than meaningless gear.

That’s what they used to say during Legion, that people raided for the challenge and the camaraderie. Sometime during BfA this attitude shifted, and now people were admitting they raided for bis gear, and when they got it they were finished.

I mentioned this at some point to someone who had said this. He said that anyone who said they didn’t raid for gear was lying, because it sounds better to say you did it because of your friends and for accomplishment. But that it really was all about gear.

People are more willing to admit this now that there are 2 competing ways to get gear.

Yeah i dig this. Raids should have its own gear m+ its own and PVP its own.

Raiders shouldnt get ilvl advantage in m+ or pvp.
PVP shouldnt get ilvl advantage in Raid or M+
M+ shouldnt get ilvl advantage in Raid or PVP

1 Like

Quite frankly, they’re statistically irrelevant. lol

The fact remains that the majority of mythic guilds do not have rosters capable of doing the content that early in the season.

This could be a simple time commitment issue for some good players or it could be an issue of skill with others. Often, it’s a mixture of the two in a typical mythic guild and so they slowly progress over the course of a tier.

The original point of the comment is that mythic raiding gets boring when you’ve figured the fight out 100+ pulls ago and you’re still waiting on someone else to. That’s a situation I’ve been in on numerous occasions in the past.

Maybe you just don’t enjoy raiding. It’s like doing bosses such as Xanesh without being the one playing soccer.

Aside from painsmith, usually it’s not “that person doesn’t get it.”

Jailer was big on “that person not knowing it”.

Anduin, Rygelon and Lords of Dreads too sort of. Anduin was very much so before the nerf to Blasphemy. Which is probably why it was nerfed the way it was.

In Sanctum you had Fatescribe, Guardian, Painsmith, Soulrender, Ner’zhul, The Nine that had those sort of thing. You could play around it a bit on KT, Sylv, Eye and Terragrue.

1 Like

You definitely haven’t played with some of the folks that I have…

People constantly trying to pad when it’ll cause a wipe, tunneling and missing mechanics so they (or others) die, not watching their feet, killing folks by dispelling at incorrect times (dozens of pulls in a row) failing to notice and clear the debuff on ryg… using the wrong talents/leggos/et cetera when their choices literally bring nothing to the specific encounter, failing to move to important stack points… I can keep going. lol

Basically, a couple of hard carries always seem to be present in the mythic guilds I’ve tried. I’ve gotten CE a couple of times anyway but only because we end up replacing them.

There are quite a few bosses where one person failing to “get it” can cause a raid wipe. I’ve done the extra mechanics like Xanesh’s soccer in the past too. They’re not bad but some people just fail at them–consistently.

I like raiding alright. I just don’t like having to fill with people that can barely do heroic because of roster issues. That’s why I want smaller raids added back. Less people to worry about. lol

I mean Xanesh is fine. You get your mechanical players to do soccer, they have fun, you get your big pumpers to tunnel boss, they have fun.

Skolex, where 1 person refusing to stack means the boss just breathes on the whole raid, is much less fun.

noo gear has to mutually be exclusive to m+ and or raiding. like all the people who are commenting that m+ gear is op don’t even have full heroic gear and barely play the game.

sorry friends, nerfing m+ doesn’t help you barely playing the game. and you still wouldn’t play raiding wise if it’s omega boring. don’t blame m+ for your problems

Or you be in my guild at the time where the big pumpers (including me) had to do soccer because the players that should have been doing it literally could not.

So we had grey parsers “pumping” the boss while our purp/orange parsers were doing soccer. It was not fun. :neutral_face:

I still say, even as a soloer, Raiders need to get loot each time they beat a boss. This 2 to 3 pcs of loot per boss per raid is just stupid bulldoodoo. Especially considering the headaches raiders have with both prep and strategy and time commitment.

1 Like

yea but the thing is that raiding is better for gearing than M+ with a valor cap. m+ 15s drop 288, even now, heroic raiding drops 291. so what’s the big deal chief.

don’t think people should be consistently grey parsing.

that’s half of GD though. they want to hide logs too.

They shouldn’t be!

But boy do they in some guilds…

That’s the sort of thing I have been referencing though. Sometimes you just have that element in a guild and it makes it frustrating.

This may have been exacerbated by the fact that I’ve been raiding mythic on alliance since BFA so it wasn’t super easy to just replace folks constantly.

Sadly - it doesn’t matter if they separate m+ and raiding because the people complaining about M+ gear barely raid anyway. it doesn’t effect you.

1 Like

Guild hop.

1 Like

I did. lol

i swear people that think like this is exactly whats wrong with the game right now.

2 Likes