The price of Profaned Tinderbox is too damm high!

So many crafting items require these items that mostly only drop from delves. Now it’s unlikely that bots are farming them (hopefully) but how about we get another source for them? Like pvp, m+, or raid?

Having one end game pillar being the only source of a a major crafting component (or anything for that matter) is just lame.

2 Likes

You can get them from snuffling. I have found lots of them this way. Everyone has access to do snuffling so either you need to farm them on your own or pay the going rate. I have found some in Delves but that has been very rare for me.

4 Likes

Yup, they’re not too common but very gettable if you’re prepared to farm for them.

3 Likes

At what tier? I’ve been farming 8s for three weeks and have only had 12 from Delves, but had 16 from Disturbed Earths int he last week or so … and of course you get other useful stuff from Earth but barely anything from Delves.

YMMV of course.

My luck must suck then. In all of the dirt piles I’ve done on two characters (which is a lot), I’ve never seen one. The RNG gods are angry with me.

according to wowhead it’s tracked at around 1% droprate from almost any container (dirt piles and treasures)

1 Like

Keep in mind Wowhead’s data is 100% reliant on the amount of people who are using their addon to track this stuff.

i guess you could say the price of Profaned Tinderbox is outright profane.

5 Likes

@8.5k – wow, I should put my stock on the AH.
brb

you can get them from dirt piles - every one of mine comes from dirt piles. I got 4 in an hour one day.

The first couple of weeks I found a good handful of them. The past couple of weeks I’ve only found one.

ABW (always be waxin)

2 Likes

So the prices are… profane?

this is true, but the sample size per container ranges from 1,000 to 100,000 so I consider it fairly reliable at this point that they’re all trending toward the same chance.

Nightfall Sanctum in Hallowfall seems to have a higher drop rate. Every time I did it, one dropped.

Those prices are a bit profane…

I got one the first three times I did it, at T7, T3 and T2. Not one in the 10 since then. And 1 from 3 weeks of dirt. Everything about these is indeed Profane. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

Already there after I saw OP’s post, went and checked.

Hoping to cash in on 198K (less AH Cut)

You can farm these in T1. I found 3 in a row which took less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Worth noting that if you have no other functional use for your Undercoins, the murloc vendor near Brann will sell bags of delve mats for those Undercoins.

I’ve gotten some free Tinderboxes that way.

1 Like

Mine just sold. Phew.

1 Like