The perfect time for Night Elves and Worgen to take back their lands

Currently, the horde is in a very weak state.

With Sylvanas gone taking with her Nathanos, the dark rangers, the Val’kyr, the loyalists and the blight (most likely since the undead are suddenly caring), the Night Elves and Worgen have all the power and freedom to take back their lands back.

The night elves are already ignoring Anduin’s calls (Being consumed by vengeance), so why not start acting on their own and benefit from the weakness of the horde and take what’s theirs by force? This would add a nice contrast in the Alliance ranks and show that not everyone bends over for Anduin.

They would never get a golden chance like this.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Oh no, they can’t. The night elves got their revenge already, so they’re fading into obscurity again for the next decade. Until they need to be used as another plot device for the horde, probably.

13 Likes

Well, they are unoccupied…but they are toxic waste dumps now. I’m sure they aren’t in a big hurry to pack their bags.

All the wisps that died in the War of Thorns can swarm into Orgrimmar and start blowing things up and growing trees through buildings!

1 Like

I mean, I dont think the Horde is occupying treeland anymore.

Don’t put beautiful pictures in my head that will never happen!

:sob:

3 Likes

As long as we recover Undercity and Kezan I don’t see the problem

So I think Night Elves canonically already took back their lands in Darkshore, no idea about Ashenvale. Would really like to see them reflect the Night Elves rebuilding settlements with their wisps and Tree of Ancients. That would be a really cool scenario to interact with.

Worgen…I mean…yeah? I think Alliance also won in Stromgarde…so that is a extremely useful advantage point to have.

Now…if Blizzard wants to put in the resources to doing so…that’s another question. Personally I don’t see them doing it since they already want to funnel players to only two capitals. Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

2 Likes

unlikely to ever happen. It would shift the balance of power too much. The Nelves already got their revenge too. In the terms of the UC being gone now and the events of that Darkshore warfront.

Any proof? Or just opinion? Either way is fine. Because, I personally think Stromgarde is still a stalemate. Sidenote people often think the battle at Stromgarde is for the valley but its really for the entire northern part of the continent (except silvermoon) even if it is mostly plague ridden plaguelands

I’ll take a gander to see if I can find a reference point, but I made that comment purely off hearsay.

So the best I have is just with the standard quest text that describes Alliance as winning within the War Campaign in general.

Folks believe that since Alliance is winning on ‘all fronts’ that means they are also winning in Stromgarde. However, it is contested like you said.

Eh, I am going to go with contested until we get something solid.

Good call lol.

It would be nice if we could get something back, but I highly doubt it.

Most Night elves have forgiven the horde even, what a joke to begin with. And even if they attack the horde to get their lands back they’ll just start another war.

1 Like

The Alliance is Superior to the horde in technology, power level, hero-tier characters, what’s stopping the Night elves now?

Nathanos and Sylvanas’s power level + dirty tricks were the two things to match new Tyrande’s power up and Malfurion’s power level. But now Nath and Sylv are gone, the night elves could just steam roll. and they should.

2 Likes

the fact that blizzard writers would rather die than giving night elf fans a happy moment, probably.

9 Likes

Plot. It wouldn’t fit with the current story. I could be dead wrong. But, I’ve noticed Blizz doesn’t have many curve balls when it comes to story and they are often predictable

Personally, I’d like to see the Horde win Stromgarde. One the Alliance has won Darkshore thats cannon. Two the Horde needs to win something in this war. Three I feel like rebuilding the UC would be more interesting than an Alliance cleaning crew cleaning the plaguelands for 2 xpacks into a giant generic castle.

I’m biased because I hung around Hammerfall so much in the past, so I can’t disagree lol.

Though, it’s really hard to say where things are going now since “Breaking the Cycle” is…a bit set in stone with Saurfangs death.

agreed with the very likely faction barrier going down who knows. Personally, I’ve been confused this whole Xpack why we have been fighting. It seemed pointless for Slyv to go pick a fight when a week prior we had been killing demons in a golden spaceship with the Alliance.