The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

It is a bad thing. Cause i am stuck waiting on a healer with a 5 second reaction time to save me instead of being able to do it myself. which could likely result in me dying and a wipe if i have to wait on them.

Vet your healers. We had to do this for how long? Vanilla-SL? Like a few patches here and there tanks were busted, but not in the levels that DF was.

We have Guilds, Discords, in-game communities. There are so many things at your finger tips to find a good healer and tank and dps. More than we’ve ever had before.

If you don’t like tanking now or think that you should have 100% agency over your health, you honestly shouldn’t be playing any MMORPG who’s Group aspect has always been based on the trinity system.

1 Like

It will be nice not staring at the floor for 2 mins as the tank rotates all their CDs thinking their god complex can solo 40% of a raid boss. :melting_face:

1 Like

The game has not really had much emphasis on playing with other people since wrath.

I can do most things in the game solo which i really like how they added that over the years.

I’m in the camp that tanks should be tanks, literally an unkillable target. With that said, when tanks can survive hits that would kill anyone otherwise, they shouldn’t even be able to do any level of respectable amount of damage. My solution is to revert tank survivability nerf, and also further nerf their damage to smithereens while increasing their threat generation to compensate. They exist to soak up damage for the team, not to duke it out with the dps.

While we’re at it, increase the nerf to healer damage so they can focus on their healing instead.

End-game content progression should be heavily dependent on harmonisation of specs of different roles working together, not having a specific role being a one-man army.

EDIT: Spelling and grammar.

bold move cotton, let’s see if it pays off for blizz

1 Like

Eh, but I am a healer, I like having to heal tanks. And I hate them running ahead of everyone. So I am okay with this.

False. DPS need to learn to cool their jets. To NOT pull for tanks, and give tanks a second before pew pewing.

Again, false. If healer can’t keep tank alive, that’s a healer issue. I like when healers require some skill to be successful. ALSO more healing needed = less expectation for a healer to do DPS. Seems win/win to me.

You can still do solo content though. The nerfs that were added are not going to kill your ability to solo anything that was meant to be solo’d.

But you’re post calls out the group side, in which (with few exceptions) has always been about reliance on others.

The emphasis of group content has always been there if you did end-game PvE content (raids/m+ from Vanilla to current, this has never changed).

I don’t like reliance on others cause others are usually inferior to me in gameplay.

So this game should double down on its move towards solo content and more of an emphasis on individual play instead of group play.

Good thing they made delves.

Next time you make a thread about changes that you don’t like, don’t pawn it off on anything else. Be straightforward. If this is why you dont like it, just say it.

1 Like

Well sadly you pretty much cant be straight forward on these forums without being flagged especially in a op post.

Especially with a take like that that is not popular to the flag happy minority of people who are just itching to do it.

Thats a step in the right direction.

With 52+ votes I think the people have spoken.

OP is crying.

And i have 20 upvotes.

I understand most people liked the first comment that didn’t even adress the point.

That same short sighted pov is what is going to send us straight into a rerun of shadowlands season 1.

You’ll be ok, grief is a process

1 Like

And we will lead you through the process of it, when you DPS class gets nerfed again. :slight_smile:

Just take the wipe, it’s what they wanted, the group succeeds or fails together.

The blue post that explain their philosophy made the nerfs seem worse than they really are, is pretty much the same.

Is funny seeing people discuss this as they have really no idea how it actually impacted the game, you will be able to tank +10 like is nothing once you have some gear same as every new season.

Only thing that is stopping us from doing mass pulls is the amount of mechanics on every pact, the group just dies if you pull 2 packs now that stops do not put their cast on cd.

So let me get this straight.

They made the timers tighter… which means you have to pull more aggresively in order to time the key. And then they made the dungeons screw you extremely hard for pulling big?

Like you cant have both.

1 Like

The reduce timer is their way to make it so the focus is not more defensive play that was becoming the norm on high keys.

Most players are going to struggle even on m0 at the start of the season with no gear and 0 knowledge of the dungeons, forget about timing keys higher than +5-6 until you have at least a full set of champion gear. Unless you are a top player, dont worry too much about the timer and just focus on the mechanic that are actually quite challenging.

LOL the ego on this guy is insane