The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

I don’t do dungeons too much anymore, not like I used to. I loved heroic dungeons, they were challenging, even if you were BiS, gemmed and enchanted to the max. Normal and heroic raids were mostly my thing. I tanked on my guardian druid and off tanked on my balance druid for both.

These days I’m happy with the LF systems, even through the toxic behaviour of some folk. I still enjoy normal and heroic raids on my druid, but I gave up tanking after MoP and never looked back. DPS and healing are my thing now, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the changes in TWW are going to work before I even think about dusting off my tank skills and re-learning the bear.

Gotta admit, I always enjoyed kiting, if the mechanics of the raid required it. Even if they didn’t lol.

I couldn’t care less about anything Mythic.

1 Like

Once upon a time, players knew their roles. Everyone had a use, from cc’ing, kiting, trapping, etc. Now, people seem to forget they have these built in utilities and expect the tank to do everything at once AND still hold aggro, while they watch their damage meters so they can bring bragging rights.

not in difficult content. I’m not sure why people keep pointing to overgeared, skilled players in content they could do in their sleep and concluding everyone else is doing the same thing.

2 Likes

Even the top players are struggling on the beta to.

1 Like

Every time you see nerfs, you see posters gloating over other players getting nerfed, and how the nerfs are not big enough. They salivate over the idea of those uppity players getting even bigger nerfs in the future. They can’t enjoy a game where everybody is having fun, because their fun comes from knowing other players aren’t going to be having fun. Too many people who don’t deserve fun are having fun, and this needs to be stopped.

1 Like

Its such a strange situation. Bliz has to carrot or stick tanks to go one way or another. Over the years its been kinda a wild ride. Really good tanks, that played warrior or pally since vanilla saw this coming, then good druids, then dks and pandas. We all know its a difficult balance between tank/heals/dpsMelee/dpsRanged

Brother, it’s not an either or. Damage profiles aren’t changing, you just have another, much thicker, healthbar to babysit now.

Tanks will be able to hold just find, the only change is now DPS will need to hold back a bit when the pull first occurs so tanks can build threat or classes that can transfer do so. We have been in this place before and everyone adjusted, it just took some time for DPS to learn.

Somebody doesn’t remember having to wait 5 sunders before attacking….

Ppl are just entitled nowadays.

1 Like

Not really the damage intake has not really gotten any smoother on the beta.

So you have a bigger health bar and the mobs have bigger damage so you’ve stayed the same only now you have less control over the bar yourself giving more burden to the healer.

So overall a downgrade for both the tank and healer roles.

Yes, but it is still a higher health pool that the healer needs to refill, hence a thicker healthbar.

feels like tanks will have to stop face rolling and actually play smart.
Im ok with that.

And who knows, maybe one day DD specs also have to do that. :wink:

I mean personally, I never played way back when, but Ive heard others talk about it and I think Id like it to be more strategy and not pullng 8 mobs at once.
If the tank is forced to slow down, that might actually be a thing…but then, this short attention span generation might actually quit over it, so who knows.

Now I can blame the nerfs for my tanking :rofl:

2 Likes

Well people would probably prefer the bad tanks quit anyway.

True, it’ll be the low end ones (and lower skilled healers too) who take the L.

Tank boycott '24! Leave LFG unfilled for the first few weeks of the season and see the rage! :smiling_imp:

3 hard CC and kill one mob at a time, mark, repeat is a lot less strategy than managing multiple packs firing off heavy hitter abilities, plus affixes, and making changes on the fly as needed without long breaks.

I’m happy about tank nerfs and understand perfectly. Tanks had become stupid OP throwing off the role dynamic. Blizzard didn’t just nerf tanks. They changed hp pools and mechanics to adjust back to a tank healing dynamic that better fits the game.

2 Likes

I think the df dynamic fit the game better.

It fit a different game or even a different genre better. It made WoW feel pretty stupid. I leveled every class in DF and could just group pull everything in reach on every class. With any tank class I could do the same with elites. You could stand there for an hour banging on everything unable to die. It was dumb.

I thought dealing with a DPS health bar still was obvious. I’ll clarify next time. But, I stick by what I said. It’s part of the job.

A healers job has always been to keep the entire party topped up, including tank. It’s not a new concept and it’s been this way since Vanilla. I’m just covering OPs point which seems to be that a Tank needing to be healed is a bad thing?