The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

Tank main here.

Those of you wanting to learn tank: yay! Happy for you.
A good places to start, LFR raid, normal / heroic dungeons, and oddly, Mage Tower (or at least during Legion it certainly assisted me with learning my DRs and when to use them).

Stay in the 0s until you learn the mechanics and for Metzen’s sake, do not just pick all passive abilities in your tree to make your life easier. Literally killing your self if you do that. (Looking at a recent AV run I experienced on an alt).

Lastly, take advice. If your healer says “mana”. Stop moving.

One more thing. Know what abilities generate fast aggro. Not just taunt.

4 Likes

get that mess out of here…

This right here!!!

it was not bad XD, everyone wants easy mode sheesh

I haven’t played the beta yet so I don’t know how it feels at 80 or anything, but I haven’t felt weaker through the pre-patch. I still have 3 massive DRs and SotR is still pretty dang strong.

People who PUG for M+ are suckers for punishment anyway, imho.

Also, way back when Blizzard introduced Gear Score, many tanks and healers, twinks and hardcore players in general, became a lot more toxic to those that played a different playstyle, or were slower to catch up.

As far as I’m concerned, GS kind of ruined the game for the vast majority of casual players. IIRC, that’s also about the time they came out with LFG/LFR, dungeon crawling and raiding for casuals. Except the hardcore players hijacked these systems to grind gear quicker so they can run the battlegrounds, normal and heroic dungeons/raids sooner.

I’ve not tanked in groups for quite some time, and I don’t intend to any time soon, so I’m not up on the nerfs, but I will make a general comment about how it used to be, anyway.

Back in the early days of WoW, tank aggro was often broken by DPSers intent on maxing out their DPS, and pulling aggro from the tanks. Avoiding that was the job of the DPS people, because tanks have always had limited aggro holding capabilities.

Honestly, if we are to maintain the holy trinity, DPSers need to pay attention to aggro maintenance and act accordingly. I quit tanking after being blamed one time too many by a DPS person because they overwhelmed my ability to control aggro. Everyone…tanks, DPS and healers must have skin in this game.

1 Like

I’ve played all tanks in beta m0 and no tank “can’t survive.”

They want tanks to tank and healers to heal, crazy concept.

feels very weak compared with the other tanks on lvl 80…oh and just to be sure, take mana potions with you (I wish I would be kidding) x)

that was already happening though?

1 Like

Problem is, when you don’t make sure casuals and PUGers stay in the game, it would loose enough players to be in real trouble. Should casuals easily be able to do high m+ keys or mythic raiding, hell no, but the game needs them to survive from an economic standpoint.

You have a really special damage mitigation system that also let’s you partially nullify some of this mitigated damage, no other tank has this mechanic.

1 Like

Let’s not forget all those idiot DPS who think they should add extra groups when the group can’t handle it or never take care where they stand and pull pats, etc.
They’re a huge problem, because of their sheer numbers.

no, what was happening was tanks were immortal gods that would kite, cc and/or mitigate effortlessly without any assistance and healers were judged on how much DPS and utility they add to the group.

I’m not saying it won’t end up there again, but for now without any tweaks/changes it’s a whole lot of selective pulling, babysitting, and waiting for mana. With a healthy dose of CCing.

Some people think of it as a challenge and others think of it as undertuned and boring

lies

/10char

What forcing tanks to be reliant on healers, did was make good game play.

1 Like

i play a tank have one of every class and I’ve never had any of these issues. I’m thinking this is a you problem

Seem like I chose a good time to have a blood DK as one of my main-alt.

what lies? thas wassup.

dunt matter if u like the idea that a tank outheals a healer while the healer does dps, say bye bye to even remotely trying to compete vs M+ “meta” garbo. nerfing spell damage doesn’t change the fact that the “most” immortal is the best kiter. what a total shock

frickin kiting shouldn’t even be a f*ing thing for tanks unless it is part of an encounters mechanic tbh… -_-
No matter if 10, 20 or 100% reliance on the healer