The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

Brew is very strong and Prot Warrior is even better. I’d say both are superior to Vengeance.

The only Tank that’s in the dumpster right now is Pally.

From what I’ve heard Paladin will still be fine for raiding.

Stop tanking for PUGs. It is the end of all tanks in WoW. I have not tanked for a PUg since Wotlk and I have been much better off.

i agree mostly with you, the only thing i see thats positive about the nerfs, is that endgame content will be actually endgame, no more free carries and free high lvl gear, now you are either a competent player or you cannot push high-ish keys. As a main tank I take the nerf tbh so i can play with players that will actually play at the level their io says theyre supposed to play.

2 Likes

Maybe but if a Raid leader has choices and already has one Pally for Devo would you take a Prot Pally over a stronger Tank?

1 Like

tanks don’t “leave mobs behind”. your job as dps/healer is to stay with the tank. if you pop all your cds the instant the tank enters combat, you’re the one messing up.

4 Likes

As a healer main since Wrath of the Lich King, I’m totally fine with actually having to heal the tank - it makes for more engaging gameplay for healers. Now if they swing dungeon difficulty too far for your average pug (first week of Cata, I’m looking at you) then I might be a little more miffed.

Most of the tank mains I know who actually know their tank spec and can play it competently will be relatively fine with this and adjust. It’s the weekend warrior gogogo DPS players that smash their faces on the keyboard as tanks for the fast queue times that will have issues. I’m guessing by this post that you’re the second type? Maybe I’m wrong :woman_shrugging: and if so, I apologize for assuming.

2 Likes

Down with the casuals! Right?

1 Like

i mean let the casuals stay where they belong with the gear and stats they deserve

3 Likes

Let’s just remove the holy trinity, if everyone is dps everyone is happy!

1 Like

not really mate x)

Oh no, the healer and dps will have to pay attention now and not just expect the tank to carry them through.

5 Likes

As a new tank, the problem is everyone expecting you to know all the mechanics, and when you ask for clarification you will either get ridiculed or kicked out of the instance.

“Watch a youtube video” isn’t my idea of having a good time playing a game for the first time. Maybe for people who just want to win win win, without any effort, or people who have been grinding it for 8 months and are watching youtube with chat turned off. For me, the tank experience is good fun, I like understanding and learning, but if everyone else in the raid also thinks that tank = game knowledge, that’s when I swap to my DPS and just watch youtube while everyone flames the tanks.

2 Likes

I agree and this may sound harsh but it’s the whole point of granular difficulties. Not every player is meant to do Mythic Raids and not every player should be able to do 10’s.

The issue is players know that about Raiding and accept it yet somehow getting a max Vault slot each week is a given.

1 Like

Dps wants giant pulls but dont want to wait for the tank to get a chance to touch all the mobs first. Give the tabk a second to set uo and group the mobs before blowing your cds.

1 Like

exactly. The last time I played, truly end game content for dungeons were like 30+lvl keys, but those gave no special rewards or title or anything… anyone could get endgame content gear running 12s. That makes no sense and kills most of the dungeon appeal.

All the content good players had was mythic raid. Where the gear corresponded with the player’s ability. (or pushing high keys for the io rating)

I agree. If they’re doing their job and actually being a tank they don’t. But a lot of knuckleheads sign up for the tank role and just charge ahead without paying attention or properly picking up aggro.

My criticisms literally only apply to people to are bad at tanking. Anyone doing it properly need not be on the defensive.

2 Likes

as a tank you have the biggest responsibility, your whole group and their game time depends on you, so if you want to play one you need to do the homework. I spent at least 2 years playing dps and healer before going tank. You need to learn the game through and through. You need to be proficient with your rotation, press the keys at the exact right time, know the best routes, have good situational awareness so you can save a teammate from dying etc etc etc.

You are no supposed to play tank in keys or raid if youre new or havent learned the game yet.

sunder armor, sunder armor, sunder armor, revenge, sunder armor, so on and so forth. oops the mage grabbed agro. oh well hes dead. i will admit i dont miss vanilla tanking.