The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

While I hate tank nerfs in general, I am glad they are happening now. By now I mean right before the expansion. It will blur the lines between “these new dungeons that I’ve never played are really hard” and “I can’t do what I did in the same dungeon last week.”

As a tank main, let me just say… shut up and learn to tank.

Oh no you can’t pull 5 groups at once, well don’t, learn to tank within your means, learn to pull what you can control, stop trying to be an MDI tank and just play the game normally.

Never have I ever been in a group that had issues unless some turd burger DPS was pulling for me, because I pulled within my means and also that off the DPS and healer, and you should learn to also.

8 Likes

What are you talking about? I was replying to Brewa specifically; that was literally the joke.

1 Like

majority of tanks are great , i think your problem is your prot paladin

Apes together, strong.

1 Like

I tend to agree and will add another perspective: for random queueing dungeons, the bottleneck is tanks. This was true through all of DF and IIRC SL so it’s not new.

So why, when tanks are preventing everyone from doing content they want to do, would you make them less desirable to play?

I queue tank for several alts in TW dungeons. I wouldn’t feel comfortable tanking a raid or a high key but TW dungeons, generally speaking, are (were?) chill. I often found I couldn’t pull everything because the healers were terrible. Maybe they were terrible because they got used to not having to do anything. Maybe people who can’t heal are queueing healer for faster queues. I really can’t say.

I bet there are a lot of people like me who dabble in tanking. I didn’t queue TW at all the last time around (when it was Legion). I read online it was generally harder though, like the scaling was just off. If you combine that with tanking less fun, I’ll probably skip it until it inevitably gets fixed, which it will.

1 Like

Mind telling me what nerfs? I didn’t read the patch much… what are they doing with tanks?

They wear cloth now, for starters. Even scotchguarded, they aren’t going to hold up well.

2 Likes

This is a joke right?:rofl::joy::joy:

1 Like

Dressed to kill.

I’m not tellin’

Great Album!

they stole your godhood, now you are simply a demi-god protecting us mere mortals, upset the healer actually has to do their job and heal you on occasion.

4 Likes

Yes and no.

Unless you die, you should still hold aggro… so moot point.

Healers having to heal a tank is suffering? It’s part of the job. And in its way easier to deal with a tanks health bar than dps.

Wasn’t S1 reliant on not getting touched because you got 1-2 tapped? Thats not reliant on a healer… healers can’t heal an instantly gone healthbar.

Did you do these Dungeons yourself? Because this is giving off a wrong idea. Harder in the fact you take more consistent damage, yep. But you’re not taking nearly as much spike damage. Different kind of difficulty and by all means substantially easier to deal with.

2 Likes

Yabba dabba doo!

3 Likes

I can see it now. Folks are fine now as were at the end of an expac and were wearing max gear. As soon as we hit the first dungeon the fourms are gonna implode “Oh blizzard see we were right all along”, not realizing how gearing works.

Its gonna be a grand ol time.

you’re delusional if you think the nerfs are going to affect this. at all.

newsflash: trivial content is still trivial. geared tanks are still going to be in queued content zerging it.

4 Likes

You don’t have to play in the same universe as perfectly to time keys even past the rewards.

Maybe, we’ll have to wait and see.

lol……lol….lol

Bro, you will be able to hold agro. You dps isn’t really what make you hold agro… It’s the threat values associated with your abilities that make you hold agro. Not to mention there are only two ways you lose agro. 1. Dps blows their wad before you are finished pulling, or 2. You aren’t pressing any buttons, or minimal button pressing.

As a healer I want my tank to rely on me as much as the dps do.as a tank I want my healer to keep me alive.

I think what you meant to type out was I hate losing my god complex which enabled me to pull 5 packs of mobs, keep myself up and when the group dies I tell them how much they suck. Or when the group dies on a boss and you solo 30% of the mobs health and the group both hates you and loves you for such an amazing feat. Meanwhile I wait for you to accomplish this amazing feat and then leave group afterwards.

Go get them tiger.

1 Like

Nope, he’s completely right! Look here: https://imgur.com/a/f53Tkwz