The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

Pallies are still soft like a noodle in TWW. Check it out on beta. They have the lowest survivability by far in TWW. And I really mean by far. It was sometimes bad in the past, but this bad?
I mean how about we open MC again, so I can heal with my prot again. x)

I mean I’ve seen some +10s being timed by prot pallies so it’s still playable. Will there be more tuning? probably, my expectations is something like 5% more armor and maybe some mana change.

Because the tank pulling half the dungeon at once while being invincible isn’t good for the state of the game.

6 Likes

Oh really? What’s mine?

Besides being weak against magic and only having a standard interrupt.

Timeable is one thing. But you know how everything is. Why take the weakest tank out there with you, if you have other options. And don’t forget, since tanks now, compared with before, also rely a lot on the healer, you can’t compensate a bad healer with a prot pally anymore. It’ll be just RIP.

PS: before somebody is using my little MC excursion against me: That was overexaggerated on purpose, deal with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Endless moaning and spamming forums with nonsense.

Oh. You meant brewmaster?

7 Likes

Finding a group as a tank no matter the tank is still way faster than as a dps most of the time. I’ve geared a couple different tanks during a season and people will take what they can find for their weekly keys moreover if you have a decent score.

3 Likes

There was only 1 tank who could do pulls like that and reliably be fine and that was vdh.

If any other tank tried those pulls they would be dead so quick you couldn’t blink.

Mainly cause of its obscene utility and auto parry but blizzard being themselves of course looked at what 1 overtuned tank could do (drastically helped by its tier set btw) and just decided to nerf tanks across the board even ones that were already underperforming.

But you do realize, that with a tank being that sub-par you basically get the left-overs (no offense meant!)? I did see it happen before even with tanks not being “meta” - “sorry mate, only spec XYZ”

And the problem with bad healers persist. While others might be able to compensate it to some degree, prot pallie can’t do it anymore

1 Like

This simply hasn’t really happened to me for weekly keys much, I even managed to get my alts that were WAY less geared through pugs because finding a tank is kinda bad (full whelpling gear + last season tier set in +10s). Gonna have to pull a “trust me” on that one xd Moreover when there will probably be less tanks next in TWW so players still willing to give it a go will probably be even more wanted.

Healers are kinda getting the same treatment as tanks in that way, they will have to be a bit more accountable in TWW. I don’t expect healers that struggle to be able to push higher keys as much so finding a good healer might be easy once you get past a certain point.

2 Likes

While leaving Aug intact.

To clarify, a wet noodle.
Ever forget to do the dishes after pasta night? Those leftovers are tougher than concrete.

6 Likes

Ok, I see my mistake. Think more of what you have in your cooking bowl after forgetting the noodles and cooking them that long, that the water is nearly empty, but the noodles didn’t burn or dehydrate yet. And believe me, that is really soft. :smiley:

There we go. Better start kiting.:blush:

1 Like

What tank nerfs?

People only love tanks when they’re pulling multiple groups of mobs in “world events” and all they need to do is multishot spam to get kill credit.

Then paradoxically cheer if/when their ability to do that gets nerfed.:rofl:

Yeah, no. This is dumb.

As a healer main for a good bit now, I’d appreciate more time spent healing and less time spent DPSing.

3 Likes

This topic will play out 100% differently if Blizz decides to nerf DK and Druid tanks survivability/sustain down to the level of Prot Pally. Maybe you should think twice about making fun of the tank that currently has two black eyes from the nerf bat. It might be your run next.

1 Like

I survived healing pre-nerf Cata heroic dungeons. I’ll live.

4 Likes