The people happy about tank nerfs don't understand

Hold on a minute-- Ive only skimmed this thread so idk if anyone has corrected you yet-- but OP is a paladin.

Paladin tanks got hit so hard by the nerf bat that they are considered bottom of the barrel atm for pve. You only take a prot pal if you have NO OTHER CHOICE. This is a spec Blizzard really badly mutilated.

Omg I just watched (imo) one of the best Tank reviews (Dorki) and Paladins scored abysmally.

Prot Paladins:

Damage - 2.5/5
Survivability - 2.5/5
Self Sustain 2.5/5
Utility 4.5/5

Wow we managed to win the NOVELTY catetory and are on track to being the WORST TANKS this expansion.

1 Like

You can run delves and live your solo fantasy

honestly i couldnt tell there were tank nerfs…every dungeon i’ve been in is tank pulling all the mobs to the boss and then we just AOE…dungeon cleared in like 5 min

Except it’s the DPS that’s running around pulling everything now. But that’s okay, right?

It never was but they have all been doing it since BFA at least, can’t say anything or they get violently abusive and toxic.

They’re normal dungeons. Normal dungeons were never going to be affected by this change. Neither will heroics.

Dude, you realize tanking is a role, healing is a role, and DPS is its own role. Tanks shouldn’t be able to heal so much that they don’t need a healer or mitigate so much that they never need healing. What you’re saying is that you don’t want to play with others because you don’t trust a healer to do their job. Well, if you don’t trust them, why in the world would someone trust you? It sounds like you really want a solo experience where you do your own thing without needing others. Got it—delves were made just for solo content.

1 Like

Both are just as guilty of doing this—it’s not just the DPS, and it’s not just the tank. Honestly, it’s a cultural change. People no longer take things slow or stop to breathe; everyone just wants to go, go, go. Heaven forbid you want to take your time—suddenly, you’re wasting their time or dictating how they should play because they pay to play, forgetting that others also pay and play the game. This is a huge issue that I only see getting worse over time. Maybe a solution would be creating separate servers: one for hardcore players who just want to rush through content without wasting time, and another for casual/midcore players. (And yes, I can already hear people saying, ‘Are you seriously suggesting splitting the player base even more?’) Honestly, yes—because both sides can’t seem to find a middle ground, so why not let each have their own space?

Welcome to reading comprehension. I said “to beat the timer” guess that was to hard to comprehend that I was talking about “significant” content. Have a blessed day !

Your job as tank is to pull according to your groups abilities to deal with the fight. NOT blitz the dungeon and yell noobs cant dps/heal.

YOUR job as tank is to control the situation amount/groups pulled so it does not over whelm your DPS/healer.
Heads up, your part of a group not the star of a movie.

1 Like

no, tanks should not be running back 200 yards to pick up the single mob that a dps randomly decided to unload all their cds on. stay with the tank or expect problems.

1 Like

Jesus and we wonder why tanks have such a shortage when people act like this.

1 Like

Your Job as a DPS is also not to pull mobs. That is solely the tanks job. You don’t pull mobs and you don’t attack mobs before the tank did stop, position the mobs and had a chance to tag them to make sure they’re not directly switching the target.

Know your job, before you criticize others doing theirs.

2 Likes

Pull less then.

Ah yes, so he can rage about the small pulls instead.

Learn to read. No where did I sap dps pulls. I have done all 3 roles. I know the jobs. I have played MMO with the “holy trinity” for over 30 years in various forms/games.

This right here is why MMORPGs are slowly dying. The point of an MMORPG is to play with your friends, enjoy the game, explore, run dungeons, raid, and even learn from dying together as a group. This new-age mentality of “go, go, go, you’re wasting my time, I’m a paying customer” is toxic to the community and only shows how spiteful the WoW community has become. Some might even call it entitlement. Guess what? Other players besides you are also paying, and they want to take it slow, learn the game, and actually have fun without being berated because the raid took an extra 20 minutes.

Spedunkle, you should find a laid-back guild that’s willing to teach and mentor. Some of my best times raiding were back in Cataclysm. I was new to tanking, playing a Blood DK, and had no idea what I was doing. I found a guild that took new members interested in raiding, brought them into raids, and taught them the mechanics. They paired us with experienced players of the same class/spec to guide and mentor us. We wiped maybe ten times on the Deathwing raid, but we all had a blast. It was fun—we were all talking and joking around, but I learned how to tank and made some of my best WoW memories in the process. It’s sad how people are nowadays—only wanting to finish and be done with it. People think WoW has gotten worse over the years, and while some expansions were bad, what’s really changed is the people and the community.

1 Like

hey einstein, are you aware that m+ have a timer?

They already have the option of creating that separate space in guilds, communities, or just group listings. (Just considering in-game options, but obviously discord us another big one)

Why split the players when everyone can choose to do the content they want, the way they want, and still have everyone together for a more populated feel, better AH, world events, etc.