The Pace of content release should not be set by the 1%

Lol at all the QQ on both sides of this.
Honestly who cares. Some of us just want to play the game at our own pace. Not everyone wants to no life the game. Or bypass all of the interesting content by dungeon spamming to 60. In fact the majority of players don’t want that so there will still be people wanting the lower gear content for months to come.

When I started playing in vanilla the game had already been out for the better part of a year. Took me 4 months to reach 60.

ZG was already out and I believe BWL was too. Didn’t stop me from finding groups to run any of the previous dungeons or raids like MC or Ony. The guild I was in usually did it every week and there were pugs going most days. And this is on servers with much lower population and limits than today.

The thing I actually care about them releasing or not are BGs. I remember that was a big part of my levelling experience in Vanilla and I’m kind of disappointed I’m missing out this time.
I don’t even care if they leave out Honor and ranks for a while but the BGs should have been available from release.

Dire maul isn’t going to make a difference in the long run though. In my opinion at least.

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know that. I’m not a fan of mmochamp. I never go there, I will check for the video.

youll get 1 honor, because honor is portioned out by damage done (unless you’re in a group with the people you’re splitting with).

You will never catch up.

You CAN never catch up.

And youll spend your entire time dead after being one-shot by the zergs.

Why would something that was not available at release of Vanilla been available for release of Classic?

BG’s didn’t come until well AFTER the Honor system.

100% agree. If you have content on farm, go outside, go visit your gf, spend some time with your kids. You don’t need to play the game every day.

Blizzard catering to no lifers was a serious problem back then.

1 Like

it is baffling

most players are 35-45, we knew that before they killed wow census

catering to the adhd crowd is guaranteed to kill classic, which i guess is what they want before 8.3

You’re already getting catch up gear, sunshine. All the loot dropping in uBRS, lBRS, BRD, Scholo and Strat is in its post-update status.

Adding DM to the mix isn’t going to change anything materially.

1 Like

its literally on the front page of the biggest WoW news site on the internet. You blind?

Because it’s fun? Isn’t that why we are playing?
Without the honor it would have no effect on progression anyway so I don’t see a problem or any good reason to delay them.

We aren’t playing wow vanilla, we are playing Classic.

It started at build 1.12 so your point is kind of moot anyway.

Blizzard recently announced that roughly half the realms are on single layers now and I’d imagine that more are already on that list, but it hasn’t been updated yet. Each layer probably only comfortably holds a few thousand players at most. Play the game and you will notice sharp drop offs in things like trade and LFG. Roam the world and you will notice a fraction of the players in every major zone. Do some /who searches for things like /who z-“stormwind” c-“warrior” r-“human” 60 and you’ll see numbers barely in the hundreds range total during prime time on big servers like Stalagg(Horde heavy) and Pagle(Alliance heavy). All of which are indicative of a drop in players.

Dire Maul was released 1 1/2 months before the very first Ragnaros kill. So it’s safe to assume that 100% of Vanilla players have never finished the Molten Core without being exposed to Dire Maul in some way.

If they are not ready for that content its fine…it will still be there waiting for them when they finally become ready for it. So then why exactly is it a bad idea to set pace of content release for the 1%?

The pace of content release shouldn’t be set by casuals.

Sounds like you’re projecting there bud.

Sounds like the only intellectual dishonesty going on here is trying to gaslight a community into believing that Dire Maul wasn’t a consistent part of the vanilla experience for the majority of players.

You have the EU that only had 1 month of Vanilla where Dire Maul didn’t exist and over 90% of all servers released during Vanilla were released post-Dire Maul.

But please, continue your mental gymnastics, it’s quite entertaining.

edit: I love how the new argument today is “catch up gear” like you have any idea what that concept is or means. You clearly never played in Vanilla. Catch up mechanic to what? The world first Ragnaros kill happened a month after Dire Maul was released. What are people catching up to? Liar.

1 Like

I’m excited to have a new dungeon to do. Honestly Strath/Scholo/UBRS are all dark dungeons and kinda downers. Looking forward to a different theme, on a different content with some light, flower mobs, thicc ogres etc. Just excited for a new feel

For me its less about the gear / speeding through things and just having some new content to feel out

Very little. They wanted to lose players so they could get rid of layering. Releasing content that’s fifteen years old isn’t releasing it fast. They released it because it was ready to go and holding it back is pointless.

The thing is, I’ve paced myself, become well accomplished, and have already done the things you’re suggesting, all while having a busy RL. Maybe you’re just unwilling to accept your excessively casual circumstances.

By that logic we’ll have AQ40 in 6 months from release and Naxx within just a year of release.

It’s a bad idea to release content early for Classic. It’s just a bad idea.

LOL. What a terrible take.

It almost like 15 years has changed nothing, and yet here you are fully surprised that it is exactly the same.