The other side of Azeroth

If you are talking about Naaru ships, we didnt. Draenei are technically more advanced than the citizens of azeroth but I believe even the crystal ships were provided by the Naaru.

Honestly not every sure where the crystal chandelier beings even got or how they made them lol

1 Like

Turtles all the way down?

1 Like

3 Likes

Didn’t they already retcon the globe seen in Uldaman in Classic?

3 Likes

Well as I misunderstand it, you start off with a cat being both dead and alive at the same time while it’s in its box and it goes down hill from there.

4 Likes

Originally, but centuries back apparently some of those Arathi went out to sea and founded a separate empire on a remote continent that none of us have ever visited. Apparently.

2 Likes

If what we have now is the entire side of the planet, that’s one tiny planet! Based on yardage, across the whole map, it doesn’t even cover America.

But I thought we already been to De Other Side.

If you somehow manage to get to the other side of Azeroth, the only thing that would happen is that you would fall off.

No worries though, probably won’t be able to get past the ice wall.

1 Like

What’s next ? The underside of Azeroth , expansion title " world of warcraft , Journey into the black hole " :rofl: :rofl:

Assuming Azeroth is the same size as Earth, Kalimdor is about the size of Connecticut. I’m guessing there’s a lot more out there. I would prefer to see more of Azeroth or even another planet, if it makes sense, than another cosmic realm.

1 Like

Because the in-game representation of the zones is scaled way down. It has to be, or the game wouldn’t be playable. It takes several weeks in lore to get from Lordaeron/Undercity to Tarren Mill.

EK/Kalimdor are approximately equivalent to the Americas and Europe/Asia in size. Obviously shaped quite different. You can’t measure the distance in-game and say that’s accurate because it has to be scaled down.

3 Likes

Yea. But those of us who have been playing this game since it came out have been hearing that rumour since the very beginning.

Just how we as gamers are. You always want to know what is beyond what you can’t see.

Be cool if Blizz started bringing back easter eggs into the game for people to find that are way out of the way.

1 Like

It’s crazy to me, we’ve got boats, gyrocopters/planes, zeppelins, giant airships, SPACECRAFT, yet no maps of the entire other side of the planet.

We seemingly know more about Draenor and Argus, than Azeroth.

Maybe Azeroth is flat? And people just fall off the edge like Outland lol.

There is no “other side” of the planet. EK and Kalimdor are on the opposite side of the planet from each other. You can physically see it from Argus…

1 Like

Yeah, there’s been those globes in the game since like Wrath, in Ulduar and whatnot.

But idk, new landmasses keep being added, every expansion or so.

Somehow we haven’t explored most of the planet, EK and Kalimdor are only a small part of what exists so far lol.

How many invisible/cloaked landmasses are there? It’s kinda nuts.

There are lots of unexplored islands here and there. The place we’re going in TWW is an island, and then we go to underground areas. There are no giant/“cloaked” landmasses the size of EK or Kalimdor.

Lore-wise the Dragon Isles are not that big, nor is Pandaria (neither are even close to EK or Kalimdor). You can’t take how big a zone is in-game comapred to other zones as a representation of its size.

Again, you can physically see the entirety of Azeroth from Argus. EK and Kalimdor are obviously on opposite sides of the planet from each other.

I feel like most of that could easily be ret-conned.

I mean, you can’t see the Dragon Isles or anything post-Legion, like Kul’Tiras or Zandalar, looking at Azeroth from Argus, as far as I can recall. And a lot of it is purposefully covered by clouds.

And how those old Ulduar globes don’t include Pandaria, etc.

They don’t really plan that far ahead lol, stuff is changed all the time.

They could retcon the rest of the planet, it’s really up to them.

I honestly think they might have to at some point, because Azeroth is running out of space. The oceans are full of islands.

I’d rather them start revamping old areas than continually adding new ones, personally.

Kalimdor and EK with modern WoW graphics would be awesome.

2 Likes

And the map in Vanilla WoW didn’t show Pandaria or other continents we’ve been to. And there have been maps ingame (like in Ulduar) that didn’t show future areas we know exist and knew existed beforehand.

Gameplay is not the same as lore.

Lorewise - no ships that cross beyond the Forbidden / Veiled Sea return.

And in Chronicles, which is canon, it’s stated that Kalimdor (pre-sundering) was the LARGEST continent on Azeroth. Not the ONLY continent - the LARGEST, implying there are / were others.

Also in 2013 Red Shirt Guy basically asked about “another side” of Azeroth left to explore and the devs did not shut it down and in fact said it was possible - Chris Metzen even joked he wished they’d stop including globes in the game because people would think that’s all there is. But Metzen ended by saying good observation and most likely.

1 Like

They should get us all to the other side by being dropped through the world while taking a taxi somewhere.