The other side of Azeroth

You’re confusing the Vulpera with the Fremen. (Pretty easy to do, both of them being desert folk.) Who, be it noted, bribed the Vindicaar’s pilots not to overfly their territory.

Please send us to 12 more sides of Azeroth before we go back to a Zereth.

3 Likes

It sounds like Blizzard intends to continue updating already in-game continents for future expansion. We’ll be seeing this first in Midnight with Quel’Thalas (maybe more than that) and Northrend in the Last Titan.

Theres plenty more they can update instead of introducing a completely new landmass where there was not one before.

Lies, LIES! We all know Azeroth is flat and resting on a stack of turtles.

5 Likes

Did they ever say that Azeroth was a sphere and not disk shaped? For example, when you look at Outland and compare it to Draenor, Outland doesn’t appear to be the remains of a sphere or for that mater that Draenor was a sphere with an “other side”.

quantum physics :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I thought Kalimdor was on one side and the Eastern Kingdoms were on the other side.

I always took the display as the globe flattened out.

1 Like

my brother in christ

5 Likes

I really don’t want Blizzard to try and shoehorn in a reason for us to not have already visited literally half of the world. This is a game with portals and dragon mounts and literal spaceships that we’ve personally been on.

Trying to justify why we left half our own planet alone would be ridiculous. That’s such a big deal that it’d need to be like a major piece of pre-WoW Warcraft Lore that we’re just now addressing.

But it’s not that.

It’s people not knowing how maps work.

You can’t just lean on MoP-like magic mist for half the world. People would realize there’s a gap or at least acknowledge that there’s a large area that isn’t safe to explore because of it.

2 Likes

…Go to Argus. You can SEE it. And that’s not even taking into account the Titan globes in various places.

That’s exactly what it is. Just like real life Earth maps. The world map is a Mercator projection.

3 Likes

Plot twist. The map is flat. Kalimdor is the other side of Azeroth. :astonished:

2 Likes

it is probably an ellipsoid

1 Like

Don’t we at least need one more continent for the Arathi empire. The Arathi we meet next expansion are just a small exploratory force which means there is a landmass out there which they call home.

Aren’t they from the highlands between the Wetlands and Hillsbrad?

1 Like

I listened to a three hour interview on quantum physics 2 summers ago. At the end of it I realized I didn’t comprehend any of it and felt rather small.

3 Likes

That is because learning that kind of stuff is not for everyone.

Argus’s point of view would be hard but its easy to retcon the maps that weve seen from titans. A theory Ive heard around here is that like the lore books, the maps weve seen so far have been made by the titans and could be hiding some uncorrupted land that they kept hidden. Its a stretch, honestly if true though and there is life over there, they are probably wondering what all the stuff going on is about lol.

I would still prefer if they revamp all the current zones and expand them out more. Thanks to new flying, zones feel a lot smaller now.

The space ship is so dumb lmao.

how did it get into orbit? how did we build that but didn’t have technology for some awesome anti-legion artillery? so many questions.

1 Like