The one thing that baffles me about the boost

It you still have to level a character to grant those lvls I know how it works… I can literally swipe my CC and bam instant 58 lvls…

Better to level two characters to 60 and then boost a character instantly to 60. Or, better yet, boost a character from a higher level as with the RAF bonus XP you could hit 30 absurdly fast.

Once, with heavy restrictions.

And? You then still have to level 12 more levels and then progress through heroics and raids.

And what?? I’m just stating the 2 are not the same.

I’m 100% using a boost

I still don’t feel it is a strong argument. Sorry but you are swiping your card for boosted XP in both cases. The boosted character will instantly get up to 58 levels (depending on the level they boost from) of XP when they swipe their card and can then play continuously from then on.

The person leveling with rested XP may be leveling only playing when the full 30 bubbles are achieved to reduce the required playing time. They too need to swipe their card to receive rested XP since you need to be subscribed.

There is no requirement to pay and not play when you boost a character. But to get the full rested XP you are entitled to you are required to pay and not play to receive the XP.

My point is one is instant the other is not. Time is money friend, atleast that’s what the goblins say

It brings in more people. At least in theory, that we can kill in HFP.

Thats good enough.

Plenty of players started the game in TBC, the sub increases prove that- and those numbers kept growing and growing all xpac proving that not having a boost did NOTHING to discourage new players.

Whether you’re pro-monetization and changes or want a more authentic TBC experience, there’s no arguing that the boost ‘makes sense’. It makes it easier for players to skip content, and for bots with thousands of accounts to have entire armies of lev 58 instantly to guarantee there’s no barrier to entry for high level farming.

That was then when WoW was still attracting new players. Classic certainly didn’t, look at how the player base has continually decreased over the life span of classic not increased like it did in vanilla.

The same will happen with TBC Classic, the highest population will be at the start of the expansion with steady decline. Most of the people coming in who didn’t play classic didn’t do so because they simply aren’t interested in vanilla content. They aren’t new players who are missing out on anything.

2 Likes

This isn’t 2007 anymore.

There isn’t a barrier to high level farming anyway. Bots will more than likely just bot and have a Paladin boost them. It’ll be way faster, as along with said boost (if they decide to use it at all), there’s also -30% required XP to 60.

So you’re basing your data on vanilla TBC?

You know it’s not 2007 right?

There isn’t a growth in population back then for classic, numbers decline over the course of classic.

Back then Wow was growing. These are no longer new xpacs they are essentially progression servers.

My server has been out since classic launched, the boost will be putting NEW players BEHIND not ahead.

Bots won’t be boosting, why pay for 1 boost when they can buy 4 accounts for the same price.

They won’t stick through TBC either. Players that want to do TBC will level through it, people that don’t won’t. A boost isn’t going to bring new players in or retain players, and no boost is absolutely not going to have players who want TBC decide not to play it.

Good reasoning to not do TBC classic at all- why not have instant attunements, since attunements were the big thing of 2007 but hey, ‘it isn’t 2007 anymore’.

So why do TBC classic? It’s pretty clear nobody actually wants it, they want retail TBC with all the comforts and time savers of modern wow, and will happily accept more and more monetization and change.

Why not put in the token next? We had gold selling in Vanilla/TBC but it was no where near this level- it’s not 2007 anymore, may as well accept that players buy gold in massively elevated amounts now and just put the token in.

How about faction changes, to try to fix server balance- after all, it’s not 2007.

That’s a cost evaluation botters will have to figure out on their own, I don’t have that data but they do. Which takes less time; botting 1-58 in TBC, botting in retail long enough to buy tokens with gold that can buy a boost, or the opportunity cost of botting at 58+. Whichever wins out will decide if they bot to level, buy with gold or buy with RL money- personally I think in the x days it’d take to bot to 58, a retail bot could make enough gold to easily cover a boost.

But, only they know which is the best use of time/money.

They are even changing stuff that wasn’t in 2007.

They are changing drums.

They are allowing the new races to be made in prepatch.

So because they’re changing things that never should have been changed, might as well throw wide the gates and change everything?

What’s the change that’ll finally make you less eager for retail Blizz to keep altering everything in classic? Tokens, faction changes, store mounts, warmode replacing pvp servers- or do you not care in the slightest and just want Blizz to make the game as close as possible to retail?

It’s no surprise that we got to retail, when we can’t even get classic versions meant for those tired of retail without the community embracing even more changes than we got in the retail versions of these xpacs.

So then don’t play.

Letting people level the new races in the pre-patch is absolutely a good thing.

1 Like

So what, obviously not everyone stuck through classic when there was no boost.

It’s almost like boosting isn’t relevant to long term retention one way or the other because that’s not everyone’s goal. Plenty of people just want to play, get their nostalgia fix then they’ll leave. And for every person saying they’ll quit over the boost I see just as many saying they’ll play specifically because the content they care about is Outlands.

1 Like

My issues with retail have nothing to do with the store so no none of those would particularly bother me.

As usual apparently no one could have issues with retail for things such as

Content
raids
Class changes
Mechanics

Nah, the only reason people hate retail is purely cause of RMT. Not like there isn’t TONS of threads atm about how shadowlands content is in a drought, anima grinding is unrewarding and unfun etc. Nah, must be RMT. Get your head out of your a$$. Your colon isn’t a neck tie.

2 Likes