The one thing that baffles me about the boost

Boosts were one of them. We are getting that so yes, to some it cheapens a part of the game currently. Not a slippery slope idea at all.

Except that blizzard added the boost to 58 for a very specific reason, it wasn’t just a random oh let’s add a shop thing.

A reason many of us see as insufficiently justified. It’s fine man I’m not arguing boosts at this point just putting it out there that there are plenty of valid reasons to think its a bad idea to add service where you give money to blizzard to directly increase your characters level.

At this point we need to see how it plays out.

If all the doom and gloom that people have been saying happens I’ll be happy to say I was wrong. If on the other hand boosts end up being perfectly fine I will be saying told you so.

Yea but outlands isn’t the entire tbc experience. They actually utilized things in the old world, because they were smart back then.

No they didn’t…

If you had a 60 you walked into Outlands and never looked back.

I wasn’t talking about Transmog at all, I was pointing out that purchasable cosmetics have been in the game since Vanilla basically. They’re not new.

What part of Tirisfal Glades am I required to do for Outland content?

The part where you never go there?

i’m probably late to the party and I can tell you’re knew to blizzard games… but their goal is to make as much money as they can

Go read the 850348534 other posts about the same topic before rehashing the same argument over and over. Let me summarize every other post for the last month+:

1. Increase of bots speculation
  2. It wasnt in TBC the first time
  3. There’s going to be absolutely zero other characters to level 1-58 with for those who want to level normally.
  4. Speculation that the economy wont be the exact same economy from 2007 because there’s going to be some crazy inflation of mats available

Kara is a 70 raid instance in the old world?

You need to grow up. If you consider leveling to 58 an achievement or a symbol of progression that elevates you above someone else makes you an emotionally stunted individual. I don’t what’s worse, that you think this way or that your ego is so frail that a boosted character could so easily devalue your self-worth.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s really interested 8n maki g sure any new player has a proper leveling experience. I hope he rolls an alt to help them while the rest of us are working our way to 70 in The Outlands.

Your saying that bonus exp while lvling is the equivalent to an instant lvl 58??

You do realize that rested XP is bonus experience given for not playing the game? So yes, character boosting for level progression has been in the game since Vanilla launched in Nov. 2004.

Your honestly is admirable. How you tie your self worth, and self image -the value of your efforts- to what others do, or don’t do, is not.

People want to play TBC. TBC starts when you walk through the portal . Why should you care if some of those people walking through that portal didn’t play Classic Vanilla. A boost is simply skipping Vanilla content.

Again, your admitting how you no changes people are emotionally/ego invested, and that boosts threaten your ego, and emotional state … I appreciate that. Ty.

Again your saying that rested xp or lvling bonus is the same as instantly gaining 58 lvls with no effort at all. Correct?

The goal of the classic servers is to make money. They will say a lot of things to justify their methods but at the end of the day, the goal is money.

Oh you missed the part where you can instantly boost a character to level 30? 1 free instant level for every 2 gained. That’s on top of the bonus exp. Not exactly the same obviously but doesn’t change the fact that TBC originally had a form of boosting.