The one thing that baffles me about the boost

The one thing that baffles me about the boost, and the one thing that I haven’t heard enough from people who are against boost is:
If the goal of the Classic servers is to recreate the experience in as accurate a way possible of the expansion that the Classic server is for, why would they add boosts, which in no way what-so-ever help to retain or recreate the experience of TBC?

Shouldn’t that be enough to kill the argument altogether? If it doesn’t help to retain or recreate the experience of TBC then it doesn’t belong. 'Nuff said.

41 Likes

Because classic tbc isn’t branded as a recreation, it’s branded as a stand alone game.

Which is why the boost makes sense. Outlands starts at 58.

17 Likes

Which then leads me to a new question:
Why the sudden shift? Classic became a thing because people fought and fought and broke the law in an attempt to get an official Blizzard vanilla recreation. Why spit on the efforts of all of those people and change the game that thousands of people fought to make a reality?

14 Likes

Boosts do not change any actual in game mechanics, boosted characters function exactly the same as any other character.

5 Likes

They may function the same way, but they still have a non-authentic effect on the game, causing a non-authentic experience.

15 Likes

If you run up to a random level 58 you will have no way to even tell it’s a boosted character.

3 Likes

because there will be at least thousands of people plus one who would pay for it… it’s a commercial product, as long as there are more $$, it’s a good strategy for a public trading company.

1 Like

I don’t have to be able to tell if a character is a boosted one or not. It’s not the character itself, its the affect that it has on the world. Primarily, the affordance of bots to absolutely ruin the economy. Not only that, but it reduces the amount of people in the 1-60 zones because everyone has the opportunity to skip that content, and players will often take any advantage they can get, thus taking the boost. Having a level 58 character in its own right isn’t the issue, it’s the affect that being able to instantly get said 58 has on the rest of the world.

6 Likes

Bots are an issue regardless of boosts.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, as far as our math goes, boosts empower bots. I understand that bots are still going to be there either way, but the boosts will simply make them more powerful, allowing them to ruin the economy even more.

8 Likes

Can’t use it on a Belf nor Draenei. There will be folks in the 1 - 60 world.

A diminished amount, unfortunately. There will be 10 races in the game, requiring 2 to go through the world is not going to make up for the other 8 that are lost. All 10 were required to go through it in TBC, so taking away that requirement is non-authentic.

6 Likes

The goal is to make money and protect their IP.

2 Likes

It appears to be that way doesn’t it? It really is a shame that we were all tricked into thinking that they cared about the experience.

3 Likes

Don’t blame Blizzard for your wishful thinking.

5 Likes

I will blame Blizzard for giving me a reason for having wishful thinking.

4 Likes

That sort of thing will result in a lifetime of unnecessary disappointment.

4 Likes

Well honestly all the classic crowed wanted was vanilla, even mentioning TBC on the classic forums got fruits and veggies thrown at you like back in the dark ages. You guys got what you wanted. I don’t even consider TBC apart of the classic conversation honestly

1 Like

I did not spend much time in the forums around the Classic launch, and the time that I did spend I remember mostly seeing #NoChanges threads. There are a lot of people who wanted TBC and Wrath, and maybe even Cata and beyond, but vanilla was the first step to that. I have a hard time imagining that a lot of the classic crowd only wanted vanilla and nothing else.

1 Like

I beg you to travel back in time on the forums. If there was a classic + or tbc thread it got mountains of nasty comments and dislikes