The one thing that baffles me about the boost

Then don’t play. There is no debate here because the decision is already made. Stop posting.

2 Likes

Outlands starts at level 1. Whether your toon leveled in vanilla (or classic) before TBC and then in TBC it begins at level 1. If you started a new character in original TBC you started at level one. I know. I did it. TBC is not “just Outlands”.

1 Like

Oh?

So you can walk through the portal at level 1?

News to me.

1 Like

Yes. Of course. No one with a serious argument is using this as a reason against the boost.

Here’s what is different, this service never existed in TBC original.

It’s not the real players we are concerned about it’s the botters. A level boost option, unless it is priced much higher than Blizzard will likely price it, practically guarantees that botters will use and abuse it. And the original days where getting an epic flying mount was an achievement become trivialized by in-game economy inflation.

I already quit, but I’ll make those decisions for myself. Imagine asking someone to not talk on a public forum. Bye now.

You started at level 1 when you created a new character in TBC. I know. I did so. And you levelled to the point where you could then enter the Dark Portal. And then, you return, to classic/vanilla zones for dungeons in the Caverns of Time and so on. TBC Classic is now not TBC Classic. It’s TBC Retail 2.0 path now. Monetizing sooner than it ever happened. If they had stuck to their #NoChanges or #AsFewAsPossible changes and not offered a boost option we would be all set for a similar TBC Classic. Sadly we are heading down the retail path; sooner than ever.

2 Likes

Okay? Noone is claiming it was.

We’ve already talked about this. Why would a botter buy a boost when they can just run 4 accounts for the same cost as 1 with a boost. I don’t think I need to tell you how running 4 accounts can generate more gold than 1 account.

The only way a boosted character pulls ahead of 4 characters is if Blizzard bans within days of starting up, which we know isn’t a thing.

On second thought lets do some math.

Let’s use BRD pickpocketing for example, for ease of number we’ll say it’s 1000g per day.

Boosted character gets in and immediately starts pickpocketing.
Another botter starts up 4 accounts and gets them leveling, it takes 4-5 days to reach a point they can do BRD
That’s 5000g they’re behind

Day 6 booster gold: 6,000g
Day 1 of non-boost: 4,000g

Day 7 booster gold: 7,000g
Day 2 of non-boost: 8,000g

Day 8 booster gold: 8,000g
Day 3 of non-boost: 12,000g

Skip a few for brevity, after 1 month of botting.
Day 30 booster gold: 30,000g
Day 25 non-boost: 100,000g

You must not have played Classic at all, that’s well and gone. How many people do you think have hit gold cap? How many people do you think hit gold cap in Vanilla?

I’m closing in on 10k gold as a casual, back in Vanilla I didn’t even have 1k on TBC launch. It took me weeks to get epic flying.

1 Like

You understand everyone knows who earned a mount and who bought a mount, as they are obtained in different ways? People who buy store mounts aren’t impressive at all.

Ya they aren’t impressive and they take away from the value of the real mounts. That’s part of my point

Wonder how many people are gonna buy CRT monitors and dell premade computers while on dial up since they care so much about the authentic experience.

If you are for boosts then you are for bots, there’s no way around that.

If you play classic you are for bots cause guess what bots are going to exist regardless of the boost.a

No need to reduce a new bots total hours to get to relevant content. Pro boosts = Pro bots.

To be fair I think a lot of these people are just pointing out the additional things made available for purchase were one of them. Which I tend to think is true. A lot of them cheapen the idea of what an MMORPG is.

If you’re anti-boost you’re anti-Alliance.

Makes as much sense without anything substantial to back the fearmongering up.

Bro, it’s really simple.

Money.

How do cosmetics, that have been in the game since the end of Vanilla, cheapen the “idea”?

Sure and there’s no indication we’ll be getting any of those.

Are you really going to try and pinpoint one era of transmog as your argument?

Transmogrification is actually kind of controversial to some some when looked at in hindsight. I actually like using it but it does feel weird at times.

It is odd seeing a naked man with noodle weapons tanking a dragon afterall.