The one thing that baffles me about the boost

Got links to these claims? People say they’re quitting because X all the time, there’s a reason we always said “Ok bye see you in 6 months” whenever someone said they were quitting. They either didn’t quit or came back after a time.

Just because you vehemently detest the cash shop doesn’t mean everyone does. I sincerely doubt over 1/4 of people that quit the game in the span of WotLK to WoD did it “because of the cash shop”.

I already gave you an example of my own reasons for quitting, That’s at least 1 confirmed case of the reason for quitting having nothing to do with the cash shop.

I’m not getting any decent results just googling “how many people quit WoW because of the cash shop”

The “actual data” tells you nothing of the reason. You’re drawing lines between different results trying to find a way to connect them.

3 Likes

Which you DON’T have.

You making things up doesn’t make your own opinion a fact.

Again, Correlation without causation. Death Knights did not cause the decline of WoW. Worgen did not cause the decline of WoW.

You have a time period and are falsely stating without any evidence at all that microtransactions are the cause of WoW’s decline, when they had been in the game since the end of Vanilla.

RAF came out in TBC.

That would be cool, if you had any.

Your feelings don’t count.

3 Likes

Didn’t r.a.f just earn you bonus xp well leveling? rather than skip the leveling process entirely?

1 Like

In that you actually saw the bar move yes, just like paying that mage real money to clear dungeons for you.

Every 2 levels your recruit got gave them a free level to be used on one of your characters, so if your recruit hit 60 you can get a character boosted to level 30.

1 Like

None of the things you cited are reasons I quit. They are only reasons you quit and perhaps some others. I and some others quit for different reasons

I’m not the only one who’s quit for the reasons I listed. Why did you quit?

So you still have to play your character rather than putting in a visa number?

1 Like

Yeah still waiting on those citations and graphs.

That don’t exist.

Ive seen real graphs with Blizz numbers though, and they say you’re full of it.

I think Blizzard did a decent job overall with keeping the feel of Classic intact. Unfortunately, a portion of the player base did everything they could to trash things.

We’re getting TBC now. Most of us will take our level 60 toons and move on. For those who want the leveling experience from level 1, it’s there. For those who just want to tool around in The Outlands and can afford a boost, it’s an option.

The boost will ruin your experience only if you let it.

5 Likes

What do you think “real money” in the part you quoted means?

I use Amex. I’m offended.

Cancel this guy!

1 Like

So it wasn’t boost at all is what you are saying? That’s good to hear.

The game got worse :man_shrugging:

For many many reason far beyond boosts, which is what people ignore.

Why does WoW, the arguably most successful MMORPG, seem to lack development resources? : MMORPG (reddit.com)

lol, no.

Nearly everyone who plays wow knows it’s all about the end game. Yah, you’ll run into people here or there who disagree, but trying to argue other wise is a losing battle. Not only do we have a vast majority of opinions about the subject matter, but we have actual data that proves it.

Look at how many people are buying boosts in classic right now with gold. Look at how many people quit before reaching level 60 on classics release. Look at how frequently people quit before reaching level 45. Look at time played for all levels in the game. You’ll quickly see a trend that most of the time played is spent at level 60. The same will be true in TBC except at level 70.

1 Like

I quit retail because of all the queue systems and cross realm robbed the game of its community and made this MMO a single player RPG with co-op. There are games that do this much better than WoW. Cash shop had zero to do with it.

1 Like

They went out of their way to retain drums meta in a non authentic way but added boosts.

I think the real reason we are getting boosts is because Bobby wants a new yach, but can’t buy another yacht because SL flopped.

For you. All of it made me quit. I don’t work to get mounts gear or any form of progression just to watch people purchase it for real money. I’d rather not waste my time at that point rather than play a game that I once found enjoyable. But I too also like the systems better in vanilla/classic than I do in retail as it progressed from wotlk forward. Even some in TBC. I’m not a huge flying mount fan, but I love arenas. Boosts kill it for me tho.