The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

This thread is evidence enough of exactly how stupid you are. Please don’t have kids.

I like he links to a wikipedia page without reading the entire thing, like the bottom of the page where there is a section on non-fallacious usage.

"Logic and critical thinking textbooks typically discuss slippery slope arguments as a form of fallacy but usually acknowledge that “slippery slope arguments can be good ones if the slope is real—that is, if there is good evidence that the consequences of the initial action are highly likely to occur.”

In this case the “good” evidence is looking at what happened with retail and how QoL change drove the game to the point it is now, a point of which drove ALOT of people to ask for classic wow.

2 Likes

No change is powerful enough to destroy Classic, I don’t need to list them all, even if I were able.

Now you’re just projecting lol
It’s exactly as Owns said, nothing you can do to stop it.

Well that’s very deep and philosophical of you to ask, but I guess in this case it would probably be safe to say the people who play the game decide.

I like how you ignore the fact I state that slippery slope arguments are “almost invariably” fallacious.

No, you are welcome to support your own arguments. No, asserting that wikipedia says that slippery slope arguments are usually fallacies is not a logical argument. It’s not a diplomatic immunity card you get to wave around to shield yourself from having to defend your own arguments.

Classic isn’t a democracy

my post wipe toilet paper has more intellect than you

I never claimed it was. :wink:

Aww I guess you just upset that changes are coming and qol changes have already happened.
Not sorry!

Classic, like everything else in life, is influenced by whoever can manage to influence it. Not that I understand exactly how this relates to our discussion.

Dicto simpliciter: -15 points.

Sweeping generalizations make your argument useless for debate.

Do you have any proof of this?

Blizz already said they won’t do changes to Classic. From Ion himself.

World of Warcraft’s game director on why Classic isn’t just ‘a flash in the pan’

Just as importantly, Hazzikostas says, is that Classic “is what it is” and that players have to take “the bad with the good”—even if that means missing a boat because a priest mind controlled you. “There is no lobbying the developer to change that because the game is what it was in 2005,” he adds. “It has to be accepted, which then frees everybody to find all the positive aspects, all the upsides of that friction and those inconveniences because there’s a certain acceptance of the downsides.”

Never thought I’d agree with Ion’s logic until now.

2 Likes

You’re here disagreeing aren’t you? lol

To recap.

You asked me, what if by making a change we could go down a different, better slope?
I responded with a question of my own: who decides which is better?
You said:

And I said Classic is not a democracy.

1 Like

If you can’t follow, step out of the way.

Nah Id rather have stealth randomly unstealth me while my sapped mob gets counted as a PvP target and break sap after 10 secs.

And none of this matters because the 1.12 client (the one were currently playing) is signifcantly nerfed to the point that people cleared MC the first week in greens.

Nochanges? Games already been changed.

How would removing/nerfing the gold requirement to respec hurt the classic experience?