The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

Nobody really knows what classifies as the “majority” nor “minority”. You have no concrete proof to justify that.

And please be more specific on what you mean by a “finished” and “flourished” game? These are nothing but vague words that don’t mean much.

In regards to the graphics issue, there’s a huge difference between the old animations and new animations. Specifically, when it comes to Female Gnomes and Male Taurens. The Female Gnomes have horribly bent knees. The Male Tauren skip instead of run. Not to mention, every race now wobbles the entirety of their arm lengths, whenever they cast. I avoided picking Worgen, for this very reason but now every race wobbles their arms, like they’re scooping the air. The “optional” graphics was removed in Retail. So, why should I trust this “optional” to remain in Classic?

When people like you keep wanting to change the point of Classic because “it’s already changed” is not enough of a reason. It’s an excuse to keep changing it. Once we add the “little” changes, it’s only a matter of time before the big ones are next. This isn’t a slippery slope.

So, no, go ask for your own unicorn server and stop hijacking off of Classic. Leave Classic, alone.

Hey, your Alpha male here saying hi. How goes it little guy?

i wanna play tbc

1 Like

It will always be a slippery slope because the logic used to implement any of those changes also applies to further changes. It’s how we went from meeting stones to LFG to LFR. It’s how we went from dungeons and raids to dungeons, heroics, and raids to dungeons, heroics, raids, and heroic raids to dungeons, heroics, mythic dungeons, mythic+, raids, heroic raids, and mythic raids.

We all saw the slippery slope manifest in real time, and yet here you are asking to start sliding all over again. There is no end to asking for more of anything. If you don’t like the slippery slope analogy, then think of it as a series of small, rising, endless steps; you keep taking them one tiny step at a time only to look back and realize that you’ve gained a mountain of height from your starting point.

You don’t need dual specs, outside of raids swapping your gear is as good as changing your spec. Even then, it only matters for hybrids.

You don’t need dungeon maps. They are dungeons, they are not mapped out. You as the player learn the dungeon layout through experience within the dungeon. You, the player, become the dungeon map, and you increase your value as a group member with your knowledge of how to run the dungeon. That’s one of many RPG elements that made WoW great.

All of these convenience factors that are actually part and parcel to creating an immersive world are RPG elements of your MMORPG. If you don’t enjoy it, if you can only see it as inconvenient, then you don’t enjoy the genre. Retail is a mess of convenience factors and shallow 15 minute bites of content for immensely lopsided rewards in a reward structure so damaged that it has to be completely reset with every content update because the game was sacrificed for “convenience”.

Stop. You represent the problem.

1 Like

I represent the future.

No you don’t. Retail represents the future. You dense nitwit. We’re playing a game from 15 years in the past. We don’t have to speculate where these convenience features will lead the game, it’s already here to represent itself in the form of retail.

Stop, you’re embarrassing to behold.

1 Like

Your days /played has nothing to do with it. Irrelevant.

Pay very careful attention to what you’re about to read below.

No. There is no “slippery slope” about it. No, things do not have to change (and they never will either).

When you make any change to Classic… it no longer remains Classic. Instead, the game changes into something else entirely different. The minute you add or remove any feature into Classic, it does not matter what it is; be it a voting system, gate, dungeon maps, ability to link items in local chat, guild banks, class balance, achievements, barber shop, XP for winning a battlground, dual spec, transmog, dungeon finder, flying, etc then you may as well be playing BfA. You are flat out asking Blizzard to remove from or add to Classic WoW.

If you modify one thing, to Classic then you may as well modify everything else and call it BfA. It’s simply not fair to add to or remove one feature, no matter how small you or anyone else think it is, and deny all other features.

In short, the answer is full stop: NO!

J. Allen Brack said that Blizzard will make Classic as it was and thus creating an authentic experience for the players. You want changes? BfA is --------------> that way.

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcrafts-game-director-on-why-classic-isnt-just-a-flash-in-the-pan/

Quote from Ion Hazzikostas: Just as importantly, Hazzikostas says, is that Classic “is what it is” and that players have to take “the bad with the good”—even if that means missing a boat because a priest mind controlled you. “There is no lobbying the developer to change that because the game is what it was in 2005,” he adds. “It has to be accepted, which then frees everybody to find all the positive aspects, all the upsides of that friction and those inconveniences because there’s a certain acceptance of the downsides.”

NO.

For those who say “Ion is not gospel”. Let me ask you a question. When a Police Officer arrests you for impersonation of a Police Officer, are you going to tell the judge, “The police officer is not gospel.”? No. Of course not. And why not? Because you’re going to make yourself look extremely very silly. The quoted information came from two C-Level Blizzard employees and you’re going to tell everyone else that it is “not gospel”?

Good luck.

And, if you’re going to link the definition of “slippery slope”, be it from wikipedia or other source: let me just stop you yet again because this is what you look like: “I know the definition of slippery slope, therefore I’m going to shoehorn it into my argument and hope nobody notices I’m wrong.

You are flat out ignoring what Blizzard said because you disagree with #nochanges and call that group “stupid” or “dumb”. You can argue “but…but muh layering” or “but…but muh in-game clock” all you like until you’re blue in the face. It does not change the fact that your changes are not going to happen. Full stop.

#nochanges

2 Likes

Retail’s the past, son.

Whatever you want to believe doesn’t change the fact that #nochanges is here to stay. With the community and the game itself as Ion solidified that as the design philosophy forward. Best you can hope for is a separate server of a Classic+.

1 Like

Oh, by the way, I haven’t called anyone stupid or dumb, or any other disparaging names.

Thank you for glossing over or completely skipping over what I said until you became offended and thereby falsely accusing me.

I never once said that Glinda called anyone stupid or dumb, or any other disparaging names. Maybe re-read what Lowphat said and then you can apologize for falsely accusing me. Good day.

Oh, I get it now. You’re delusional. You think classic is going to develop into classic+ and overtake retail WoW. It’s not. It never will. There’s will never be a classic+. The most likely expansion to classic is continuing into TBC, and then WotLK, etc. Retail is the primary objective to new content developments, and it always will be. Classic is like a backup plan for retaining subs when retail fails to hold them on its own. I know that it’s the only reason I still keep a sub.

I’d like you to justify any change to classic that you see as inevitable or necessary or obvious or etc, and I’ll tell you why you’re wrong.

It’s funny that you wrote all of that seemingly without understanding that there have already been changes from classic was.

There is nothing funny about it. What changes are you referring to specifically? The in-game clock at the bottom of the mini map? Layering? Or something else specifically? Once again, you either glossed over or completely skipped everything I said until you found something that offended you thereby falsely accusing me of not understanding. I completely understand that there will not be any changes.

Unfortunately, you cannot come to terms with it. You’ll just have to take the bad with the good just like Ion said. #sorrynotsorry

My rebuttal is pure fact. Do you have any rebuttal with facts to suggest that changes are coming? No, I did not think you did.

I’m not offended. The game we are playing is not the same game we played in vanilla. They have made changes to that game.

What we have now is a starting point. If you want to make the argument that they’re should be no changes from now, do that.

But I laugh at everybody who says no changes from classic, when there have already been changes.

1 Like

Which part of there is no lobbying the developer to change that because the game is what it was in 2005 did you not understand?

Like I said before, you want your changes made to Classic WoW? ----------------> BfA is waiting for you.

Incorrect. What we have is Classic as it were in 2005.

I already asked you before though I do not think you read my entire response. I’ll ask twice:

What changes are you referring to specifically? The in-game clock at the bottom of the mini map? Layering? Or something else specifically? Go on, I’ll wait.

I can’t publish links on here, but you can do a search on it, there are a couple of articles about it online. There are even some videos for those that dislike reading.

Again if you want to say ‘no changes from this version’, you should say that.

It’s subjective so nobody can prove you wrong. But objectively I am correct, the game isn’t totally the same. There have been changes made, code changes for previous hardware limitations and things of that nature. As you mentioned as well we also have layering now.

See, the minute you say it is exactly as it was, and then you point out the differences that means…well we know what that means.

1 Like

For a guy using terms like beta male you sure start your sentences off like a major soy boy.

If you are offended discussing ideas im sorry. Good luck in life, or try to find a safety bubble. I don’t care to talk to anyone being this ridiculous as its likely any response will get equally ridiculous responses. If you want to discuss things maybe dont take up the persona of the SJWs who get offended by everythign and try to silence discussion.

Good day.

1 Like

I’m perfectly happy playing Classic forever with zero changes made. That’s why I planned ahead and rolled the most OP class/race combination in the game.

That doesn’t mean I have to like or accept the elitest attitude the no changes crowd on here has or the way they bully random players who pop in to the forums ask Blizzard why the game doesn’t have a feature they like.

You can publish links on these forums. I was able to publish them just fine. So either you don’t know how to publish links or you cannot give us factual information other than to “just search google”. I cannot read your mind so I’m not sure how I’m supposed to find something that you are thinking of. I am not a sooth-sayer. Please cite specific sources. Otherwise, you are conjuring things out of thin air that never happened.

To publish links, press the tilde key. Put a tilde at the front of the URL and at the end of the URL. This is the tilde key -------> `

Example: URL goes here

I don’t care what you call it. You’re trying to tell me that this game is not the same as it were in 2005 yet Ion says otherwise. I think I will put my eggs in Ion’s basket because that’s how much I (don’t) trust you.

And yet Classic is as it were in 2005. In other words: it’s the same game.

Blizzard already explained this to us. It’s not my problem you did not understand their reasons for it.