The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

Oh did that beta male comment really bother you that much? My apologies, I should have realized it may trigger some folks.

I was merely trying to say that you sounded really defensive about people who had different thoughts.

I’m all for discussion, and I don’t get offended if you think differently. The fact that it was you that told me to leave just shows your desire to project. If you want to try to take the high road do so before trying to tell others to go away and not comment about changes.

Good day to you as well.

Is that the same ion that had been parsing the English language in retail for the past 8 years or so?

That guy? I bet if you asked him to name all of the changes to the 2005 version his answer wouldn’t be ‘there are none’.

I don’t care what you think. I gave you instructions on how to cite references on your claims and you still can’t give us any. Therefore you are conjuring things up in your head that never once happened and are arguing just because “muh changes”.

Show us cited sources for your claims and then we’ll have something to discuss. Until then, it never happened and you’re making yourself look like a fool.

Am orc warlock is the most OP?

That’s a serious question by the way. For pvp or pve?

I happen to love going to the old orgrimmar.

…and how my undead character limps around.

You are flat out ignoring what Blizzard said because you disagree with #nochanges and call that group “stupid” or “dumb”.

That’s a direct quote, friend.

Okay. You think I’m a fool, yet you can Google changes between vanilla and classic Wow and you refuse to do so.

I don’t have to provide data for you. If you were intellectually honest you wouldn’t need it.

I know your type, you want a reference not to prove your point, but to argue against mine. You must have forgotten that I don’t care if you like what I say, or if you believe any of it.

If you think I am wrong and that the game is exactly as it was in patch 1.12 with no exceptions you should just let me be, in my ignorant world.

But you know there are differences and you even admit there are. As pedantic as it seems I am right.

And lost in this apparently is the subjective part that I love the current state of the classic game.

Oh, you know there have been graphical improvements as well right? Lots of bug fixes. Have you done the kneel when looting and had to log out? Not sure you remember, you may have been too young, but that happened back then too.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: It went right over your head.

Unless you are the same person as Lowphat? Did I once say “Glinda called the #nochanges group dumb or stupid”? No.

I am not a sooth-sayer. I cannot read your mind. So the things you’re talking about are conjured up in your mind and are false. It never happened. I’m not going to “google search” something that you are thinking of.

How about you google the name of the movie that I am watching right now. Hint: you can’t. Because you cannot read my mind just like I cannot read yours.

Then the things you say never happened. You’re just arguing because “muh changes”. Ion said NO, J. Allen Brack said NO. It’s not going to happen. You just need to get over yourself and learn to accept that your changes are NOT going to happen.

:man_facepalming: I am done. Lowphat and Glinda just lost their grip with reality and come to terms with the fact that changes will NOT happen to Classic WoW.

You are flat out ignoring what Blizzard said because you disagree with #nochanges. You can argue “but…but muh layering” or “but…but muh in-game clock” “google it” all you like until you’re blue in the face.

It does not change the fact that your changes both of you are advocating for are not going to happen. Full stop. Which part of there is no lobbying the developer to change that because the game is what it was in 2005 did you not understand?

Like I said before, you want your changes made to Classic WoW? ----------------> BfA is waiting for you.

#nochanges

You are controvercing yourself so much I can’t even understand are you smart or opposite.

You start by telling me that my “meaningless words” bring nothing and very vague, which is true since finished product for everyone is not the same. But then again you immediately starting to gnaw upon graphics although I clearly stated that it is optional and you won’t be seeing it if you don’t want to use it.

Once we add the “little” changes, it’s only a matter of time before the big ones are next. This isn’t a slippery slope.

THEY ALRDY CHANGED A LOT. So by your own words we just need to wait and see when this “super change” will occur. And I tell you: get the freaking hope dude. I hope that they will deliver, I hope and I believe that they will not bring that “super big change” which ruin whole classic as they did with retail. Cause AGAIN: the classic dev team is the team consists of people who are also a fans of vanilla.
They’ll fix all what I am and all people like me seeing as a bugs and what requires a tweak without ruining a gameplay.

And Yes it is subjective, but as everything in this world, so as egoistic rational being I’m making clear that my subjective stuff is more important than your subjective #nochange which already doesn’t apply to classic since a lot was changed and added from the start.

So, no, go ask for your own unicorn server and stop hijacking off of Classic. Leave Classic, alone.

Stop telling me what to do. I have the same amount of rights to ask and demand as you do.

2 Likes

So you do experience the loot bug?

Just to be clear that’s another example you are ignoring.

PvP but undead is still good don’t worry about it. Stun resist just works against more Alliance than WoTF.

1 Like

Stop making things up. There is no loot bug. At this point, you’re just arguing just to argue and troll.

I mean…people complained about lack of content and blizz opened up Diremaul. :confused:

just report this stupid c*** for trolling and be done,he does it in every thread like this. now making his own.

You mean they’re is no loot bug now.

There was a loot bug in vanilla. Do you know what that means? Things have changed.

Undead are my favorite race in the game, my priest, rogue, and mage are all undead. But I can’t play on pvp servers because I often want to be on my own.

But I have yet to make an orc of any type and I probably need to!

Warlock is the best class for solo play on a pvp realm. You do have to get into your 40s but once you gave Soul Link, death coil, and can sacrifice multiple Voidwalkers you are a handful for any class.

1 Like

I love when people learn the term slippery slope and then use it to try to discredit any argument in the future. I can’t include links in my post for whatever reason but why don’t you check out the fallacy fallacy and get back to us.

This is a special case. Going down the same path and expecting the same results as last time is not slippery slope.

It might or it might not do that. The point is that no one can honestly say that all changes will result in a worse game. Each change needs to be evaluated as part of the whole and modified if it turns out to make the game worse.

You’re absolutely correct that the slippery slope is a logical fallacy, one that so many people buy into.

1 Like

That’s a fair take to have.

1 Like

So you want to add changes to Classic, got it. And you wonder why “#nochanges” exists. What’s wrong with asking for your own unicorn server? Why must you force your nonsense onto those who don’t?