The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

IDK who you’re talking to. I’ve been on these forums, for awhile, and those who say “#nochanges” mean “#nomorechanges”.

I just want people to stop taking it, so literally and write people off as jokes or memes.

Fine.

Wait… Your change is “no more gnomes” isn’t it?

#nochanges!

But thats what it is.

Quest Helper was by no means the only Vanilla questing addon.

Ohhhhh you’re going to go that route. Okay!

I await your 280,000+ supporters on changing Classic like we did when we petitioned it to Blizzard for legacy wow.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community

I can’t wait to see the end result.

Same with the people who don’t discuss the how’s of these supposed “fallacies”, when the OP has contributed nothing, but the same talking points from the “slippery slope LOL” side.

There’s no discussion. Just trying to undermine the “#nochange” community to add changes including LFR, CRZ, shared mob tagging, etc. 'Cause they never disputed that, I hope everybody realizes that.

And you’re just arguing semantics. We’ve already established that “#nochanges” means “#nomorechanges”.

and vanilla didn’t launch with 1.12 either.

i do not trust them to be creative. i trust them enough to hand them a blueprint. “finish classic” is not a blueprint.
the last time blizzard got creative they gave us the fiasco that is layering.
the time before that they gave us battle for azeroth.

And you have all rights to do so. As I was saying “not all of them”. But you aren’t most of them. You are a rarity. People don’t’ use addon cause they are new to the world of warcraft or they are nostalgia fans like you.
I was nostalgia fan for the first few days. Then this game reminded me how obnoxious, annoying and unfinished it is.
I get all addons that I could to ease my life in it. I still enjoy the hardness of the facing mobs and balance. But I don’t want to look up the quest, look up the place on a map and read every mob’s name and compare it to a quest description. This gets old very very fast.

In vanilla I used thottbot a lot but questie for the instance is FAST thottbot that integrated into the game. And instead of using site (liek wowhead) and switching between game and that, I just see all what I need in one place which don’t do anything gameplay wise but saves me a lot of time.

1 Like

If the OSRS community (which is 10000x more elitist than every top WoW player, or WoW players in general.) Can accept some changes. WoW players can. I don’t see the issue with guild banks or link able items. It’s not like there’s addons for some of these wants now.

There’s no point in arguing point-by-point when your entire argument is fallacious.

then use addons. problem solved.

the OSRS community votes on those changes for one and they have to have something like 75% vote to pass.
secondly, classic is not designed to be OSRS. it’s designed to be vanilla. that’s it.

its only a fallacy if you don’t have historical evidence to back it up. i point you to retail.

1 Like

I know. But it was the most used addon. And other quests addons were also added to the game a lot later than the game flourished. Not from the start of the game as with Classic. And again: those addons were not as good as Questie now.

Yeah, no.

x

in your own wikipedia link.
"Logic and critical thinking textbooks typically discuss slippery slope arguments as a form of fallacy but usually acknowledge that “slippery slope arguments can be good ones if the slope is real—that is, if there is good evidence that the consequences of the initial action are highly likely to occur.”

we have good evidence. retail. it is all the proof one needs.

2 Likes

Changing the entire point of releasing classic wont ruin Classic.

what?

You have no reason to claim that any change will turn Classic into BfA.

It will improve it for many, it will degrade it for those who Wanted classic, and the issue isn’t whether we can find ways to improve it but whether we can stop implementing them once we start.

1 Like

True.

However, YOLO.

it doesn’t have to change it into BFA. the slippery slope says only that the small changes has after effects that tend to be negative.
here is your negative

1. it would no longer be authentic classic wow.
  2. it would remove a gold sink from the game, causing inflation.
  3. it would lead to increased push from others for their quality of life changes to be included as well.

that is negative.