The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

No, I’m not suggesting slippery slope is real because it isnt. If it was then even the mailing changes would have made you quit because the QoL slope has already begun if you thought it were true.

Im just pointing out your hypocrisy by saying #nochanges yet you are still playing a game that has many changes and not just the technical kind of changes.

Fact of the matter is, #nochanges movement is meme at this point.

Yeah. I promise you absolutely NO ONE would contest something like the removal of the 50g re-spec cost.

except it is. we have all the evidence we need. retail.

we had no choice on that. blizzard clearly kept out other changes to maintain it as authentic as possible.

and still a better game then retail, which is so bad that classic literally tripled subs.

It’s still considered changing or altering the game. ANY change is not welcome no matter how minute or seemingly insignificant. If it wasn’t in vanilla…It does NOT belong in Classic!!!

Don’t even bother bringing up layering either because it was only temporary and by now most servers no longer have it in effect.

Everything that came with the Legion client we had no control over, and didn’t want to begin with. Regardless… NONE of it is justification to make Classic even MORE not like vanilla. The further Classic strays from the original game, the more it becomes like retail, and more importantly, many people will unsub and quit. Changes to Classic aren’t worth the money in lost subs that will happen as a result

While you’re technically correct about the logical fallacy aspect of it, “no changes” exists for a real and demonstrable reason. Heck, the OP in there attempt to qualify changes as not that much lists off two that are rather large changes. One of which would dramatically alter the game.

It’s simpler to change as little as humanly possible than to start hemming and hawing about what changes are “OK” to make.

1. It isnt real. Correlation does not imply causation.

2. Its cute you think you have a choice in any design decision blizzard makes. If they put in a change and you quit over it, theyre fine with it.

3. Subjective. You sound like the other bitter ex gf role player in this thread.

1 Like

it isn’t real to you. it is to us.

its cute you think they are going to go ahead and add a bunch of quality of life changes to classic, if they were, why not just launch with them?

subjective? no. facts literally showed subs went up 223% during august. that means that subs tripled. that means more people are interested in classic then are interested in retail.

1. Yes, the paranoid club it is real to.

2. Noone is saying there is going to be a bunch of changes put into the game, i havent even advocated for any change to be put in. Your little club is just a joke and is fun to mess with.

3. People flock to what is hyped. I bet the new fallout had a huge spike in sales when it came out with a lot of hype surrounding its release. Guess what tho, garbage game. Classic isnt a garbage game but it certainly isnt miles better than retail.

the paranoid club has history on their side.

the op is advocating for just that. and so are many others.

did i say miles better? no i said it was better.

We’ve been through this, many times. I understand that “#nochanges” is a joke (to you and others like you) because changes exist.

On that same token, you’re proving the slope to be true because your same excuse of “well, changes already happened, so nobody has a reason to deny more changes” is the exact mentality that people like myself and I are trying to nip in the butt.

When people say “#nochanges” they mean no more additional changes. “#nomorechanges” isn’t as catchy as “#nochanges”. So, let’s stop taking it so literally.

It is better though…

1. Again, correlation does not imply causation.

2. You said its cute that i think theyre gonna add a bunch of changes and now you are bringing how the others are doing it. Nice backpedal bro.

3. Youre right, you didnt say miles better. You instead attributed all of the subscription growth to Classic without providing data or a source to prove that the % growth all came back specifically for Classic.

1- Depends on the level of correlation…

Debateable. In many ways yes, in many ways no, imo. Its a subjective topic that carries no value except to yourself.

I will repeat myself again and again.
There is a lot of changes that people use with new added addons which wasn’t in vanilla (like Questie or LFG) even those who claimed to be purists and #nochangers I AM 100% SURE use all QoLs that they can find through twitch/curse. Not all of them, but most of them do.

And yes some little non gameplay changes and bug fix would be great. Cause I have a lot of them in y “ugh” list, which I will land on when get my first 60 level as an traveling experience. THERE ARE TONS of stuff that should be fixed changed, completed. Vanilla wasn’t finished. It was a game with constant updates. We shouldn’t stick to the paused vanilla, we should have finished Classic without going further in retail game balance and gameplay ease.

Also there are a lot of stuff that already been changed in classic which wasn’t in vanilla and they can’t do anything about it, not matter how hard they will #nochange at blizzards.

You’re the one constantly repeating that subjective topic as some sort of club as if you were right.

You’re also the one being everything that you’re all cwanky about in the no change crowd.

what else happened in august to cause such growth? go ahead and tell us, why in the month of august, in a time when retail hadn’t had a new update in months, people would sub to a game that many are calling the worst expansion wow has ever had.

both of those existed in vanilla wow. not necessarily by those names, but there were quest addons and lfg addons.

i have no trust in blizzard to finish classic. look at retail if you want evidence why.

No.

There is no “slippery slope” about it.

When you make any change to Classic… it no longer remains Classic. Instead, the game changes into something else entirely different. The minute you add or remove any feature into Classic, it does not matter what it is; be it a voting system, gate, dungeon maps, ability to link items in local chat, guild banks, class balance, achievements, barber shop, dual spec, transmog, dungeon finder, flying, etc then you may as well be playing BfA. You are flat out asking Blizzard to remove from or add to Classic WoW.

If you modify one thing, to Classic then you may as well modify everything else and call it BfA. It’s simply not fair to add to or remove one feature, no matter how small you or anyone else think it is, and deny all other features.

In short, the answer is full stop: NO!

J. Allen Brack said that Blizzard will make Classic as it was and thus creating an authentic experience for the players. You want changes? BfA is --------------> that way.

NO.

#nochanges

1 Like

Are you trying to argue that your enjoyment of a game is not subjective but rather the defacto judgment of whether the game is good or not?