The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

You’ve insinuated that I’m “illogical”, yet you can’t explain the “how”, like I have, many times.

I just told you what I meant. You think “no changes” will “destroy” the game. What does that mean?

Which is where I chimed in, stating that if that means people are quitting because they’re bored isn’t going to stop me from me playing. It’s very simple.

So, explain “etc.” and explain what exactly will be “destroyed”. See, you haven’t explained, anything. Just dodging and deflecting.

Except were not asking for no changes from private servers. Were asking no changes from vanilla.

2 Likes

I have to admit I’d forgotten about flint and firewood. Realizing I didn’t have enough money to start a cooking fire is the only thing that’s made me angry in classic.

I don’t even bother to carry the flint and tinder since I can’t afford the bag space.

1 Like

Sincere tip, simultaneously level up both your Fishing and Cooking. Horde side, Fishing in just not Mulgore but TB itself, there are Stoves/Cauldrons and/or Cooking Fires to cook up your Fish that doesn’t require Flint and Wood :slight_smile:

Yeah, I just cook in inns now.

1 Like

No you weren’t.

Roughly 4 minutes 45 seconds.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/22646759/restoring-history-creating-wow-classic-panel-recap

they use authentic 4 times.

https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/
oh look. more authentic.

care to call us liars more?

Sorry, I don’t speak Basque.

Or major cities. My Fishing Pole sits in the bank, until I dedicate time to level up both my Fishing & Cooking. You can reach skill 100 in both as a level 5.

Scratch that, Fishing is 135, and Cooking is 100.

Why don’t you just stay in retail.

#NOCHANGES

Well reasoned.

Except for the fact I’m playing Classic.

but you don’t want classic. you want some hybrid between classic and retail, to try to appeal to everyone. they tried that. it didn’t work.

How do you explain the changes that are already in the game from vanilla?

Doesn’t the fact that there are already changes from that mean that #nochanges is a matter of perspective?

Absolutely not. no changes. Those are not QOL improvements.

those changes were largely forced on us, many are unhappy with, but most don’t impact game play too much.

i’m 95% sure they were being sarcastic.

QoL changes as a concept won’t ruin the game. However, you go on to list a few that did at best drastically change the game…

And theres already been changes. Your mission failed. Youve already proven youll play if changes occur, that is a fact.

just because there has been some changes, largely to play on the modern engine, does not mean you can add more changes. or are you actually proving that the slippery slope is not a fallacy?

1 Like