The #nochanges slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy

Who said anything about retail? Do you always RP as a bitter ex gf?

2 Likes

You posted from a retail character, you brought it up.

Opinion is less valid than level 30 lock

I did not post from a retail character.

Ive not said anything about retail. Nice try tho. Heres some ice cream and netflix chick flicks for ya.

I like ice cream and (some) chick flicks.

My farts smell better than your breath

Which still removes the LONG TERM GOLD SINK.

Lol yep, definitely a sensitive individual. Hallmark card season?

Brush your teeth lmao

I do, everyday. Prolly the same amount of times your eyes shed tears.

I can’t tell what statement you’re talking about because it occurred in a different sentence.

At least, that’s the logic you’re using.

The second sentence is specifically in contrast to the first, because otherwise “just” is meaningless. Also, the “And” would be extraneous. Oh, yes, and also “either way.”

All that aside, “And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way” means that if only tens of people play for years, that’s fine.

This is because “and” (lower case) is a conjunction used to connect the two actions (show up/play for years). It doesn’t matter whether five million also show up and don’t play for years. It doesn’t matter whether the dead rise from the grave to play Classic for pi hours and then cancel their subscriptions en masse. Neither of those affect the fact that they are fine if only tens of people show up and play Classic for years.

You think you do, but . . .

I imagine far more gold would be removed from the economy with the 1000g charge.

Well, they’re keeping the lights on even if there are only tens of players on them, and don’t expect many players to stay on for long past phase 6.

Better?

The “they don’t care if people continue to play” is my extrapolation, considering they have said time and again that they don’t expect players to continue to play.

Well it certainly isn’t a slippery slope if you put all those things in wholesale. It’s the bottom of the slope at that point. ESPECIALLY the dual spec part.

Shouldn’t you be leveling a furrie Fox right now?

Im too busy playing the inferior classic version of the game.

It won’t be better. At this point, he’s trying desperately to debunk a sourced quote because he wasn’t actually expecting one.

It’s not a slippery slope to say that adding QoL changes to classic will ruin it. A slippery slope is a claim that if p then q, if q then r and if r then s etc. where p,q,r,s etc are unrelated. The argument against QoL in classic is a Ship of Theseus argument.

No change will cause the destruction #nochangers fear.

We were promised an authentic vanilla.