The Night Elves are not abandoning Kalimdor

I mean this totally tongue and cheek and in the least mean way possible,

Fire does a lot of good for regrowth you know.

2 Likes

Not what Sylvanas did.

Oh no. I been caught by the humor police.

See you all in 5-10 years

2 Likes

Bwing honest, i don’t.

I assume if a tree is fully burned, then it will die, but if it isn’t fully burned, and it still has some good roots, you could cut out the burnt part and it would grow again?

Of course, cutting the burnt part gets harder when the Tree is the size of an Island.

I mean, we’re talking about giant magical trees here. They don’t work like regular trees do in the real world. Hyjal was literally detonated and it still regrew back years later.

3 Likes

In the cases of actual fires or down trees, especially where the primary trunk is fubar, they can start to regrow but typically out of a side of the base. This tends to happen, like you said, if there are good roots or still a healthy network of plants and trees around to lend it nutrients and help. Given this is a tree sized island surrounded by, presumably, salt water, probably not the case.

But also

So I don’t think we really need to work about the deep biological possibilities of trees here.

4 Likes

To be fair Night Elves have the most powerful druid on their side, if anyone can bring back a giant tree burned back to life, would be Malfurion.

But if thats the case, the question is, why wait?

1 Like

And if you check Bel’ameth, you’ll find Alliance-only portals to those very places she listed.

2 Likes

He doesn’t really have a staggering amount of competititon.

Night Elf sets up a Kimchi cart outside Elwyn Forest

OMG THE NIGHT ELVES ARE ABANDONING KALIMDOR

8 Likes

He is the All Might of druids. So powerful that no one even considers trying to reach his levels.

3 Likes

The regrowth is from those trees that iterally depend on fire to open up their seeds. The regrowth is from those seeds.

Nothing will ever be enough for these people.

The idea that they are abandoning Kalimdor just because they’ve moved their capital to another part of their lands is bonkers and doesn’t make one tiny piece of sense.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s even been called a capital. Tyrande seems intent to rebuilding on Teldrassil, so even if Amirdrassil was a capital it would likely only be a temporary one.

6 Likes

I don’t think it was ever intended to be the new capital. It was always seen as a symbol of hope and rebirth for the kaldorei people. It’s why Tyrande specifically mentions they aren’t abandoning their ancestral lands.

5 Likes

It is the first Kaldorei colony.

Next we will make one in the EK, and slowly we will have all of azeroth. MUAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes
4 Likes

Can I just note that, as a chronically offended night elf fan, I appreciate Tyrande’s emphasis on PROTECTING the places she mentions? Because honestly, that’s the night elf good stuff.

Give me more of that and less mourning, please.

5 Likes