The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

For a thread to be necro’d, imo that means it’s original topic is no longer relevant and posts have ceased for a significant amount of time.

For those of us posting here, as well as many who may not but still play the game, this issue is still very relevant. Blizzard borked something they didn’t mean to bork, asked for more feedback to presumably make the fix, then left us high and dry in typical Blizzard fashion (or so it seems given their track record lately).

While posts may have slowed down because many other factors are causing people to leave the game en masse, those of us who still post do so because we care about this issue, and we care about holding Blizz accountable. So until they shut this thread down, fix permissions, or tell us they’re not gonna do squat, we’ll keep reminding them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Exactly this. This thread has never been “necroed” because it’s never gone more than a few days without a post. And yes, the only reason I’m still posting is because I’m the stubborn sort who isn’t going to let this die unless Blizz forces me to.

If they tell me they have no intention of fixing the problem, I’ll stop wasting my virtual breath. But Ion said they were working on a fix, and asked for feedback. (Whether or not I believe him is a different topic.) As long as I’m still playing WoW, I’m not going to let this issue slip quietly away.

However, I’d really, really, really love it if Blizzard did something before we hit the 5000 post mark.

1 Like

I think what you meant to say is:

This post is 3 years old. Why is this still an issue that receives regular attention?

7 Likes

Correction. This post has never not been current, so it’s never been necroed.

For three years, it’s been consistently discussed.

5 Likes

I just saw someone bring up the specific issues we’ve been talking about in the Community Council forums- hopefully they find this thread and link it, because maybe this issue (along with many others) can finally be addressed and fixed!!

3 Likes

Oh, yay! I just went there and read it (and liked the posts the council member made). I sure wish we could do more than like the posts, but at least we peons can do that much. The OP did a good job of explaining the specific problem with the all-in-one permissions and even had screen shots of the new and old permissions settings.

Edit: There IS a link to this thread at the bottom of the OP. Maybe they added it later? Or did it automatically link when I linked to them? Guess it doesn’t matter as long as it’s there!

3 Likes

Oy vey, did this really start in 2018? I guess I gave up. I haven’t logged into the game in 2 months, and before that it was only to keep a couple guilds from turning over. About at the point I no longer care.

I log in and am instantly bored looking at the months of work needed for 1 cosmetic that was annoying when I was caught up, the addition of yet another bag-space-taking currency is pretty meh, especially when I feel this far behind.

F.

3 Likes
while true do
    print("Ion, keep your promise and return granular guild controls")
end
4 Likes

Everyone here who cares about this issue should have a look at the Community Council thread about it. I don’t know if it will help, but the views are tracked, so maybe if it looks like us peons are reading the thread, Blizzard might pay attention. (It won’t hurt to like the OP, either.)

4 Likes

All I want for Christmas is…
granular permissions.
(Everyone saw that coming, didn’t they?)

5 Likes

Gonna have to have a discussion with Greatfather Winter it seems. No permissions in my stocking…

2 Likes

I know it’s ridiculous to expect any changes at this point without a patch, but wouldn’t it be great to start the new year with new stuff for guilds? And it wouldn’t hurt to have something old thrown in as well, like the permissions we used to have before the communities feature screwed them up.

3 Likes

I have not forgotten, even if Ion has.

2 Likes

You mean, like, actually being able to look at applicants?

1 Like

Is it still the case that applicants can write more characters than guild officers can see?

I think any (or all) of the ideas for guild improvements presented in this thread would be great. If Blizzard actually can’t separate the permissions (for whatever reasons), that doesn’t mean they can’t do many of the other things suggested here. They did, in fact, implement off-line acceptance of guild applicants, so their hands aren’t completely tied.

2 Likes

I either have to make a bunch of people officers who shouldn’t be officers or no one gets rank promotions that mean anything. Success is relative depending on what you’re talking about.

Ranking up used to come with incremental privileges given. There’s apart nothing of interest or help you can give anyone now without making them an officer.

Because it’s still an important topic to some of us. Mute it if you don’t like it. There’s no rule against keeping a topic alive. It’s not necroed from years ago, it’s posted in every couple of weeks or so.

9 Likes

Actually, I don’t think it’s ever gone as long as a week without a post. True, there are very few of us left keeping it active, but active it is. In some ways, this thread reminds me of WoW itself. A lot of people have bailed, but those of us who have stuck around have done so because we truly care.

7 Likes

And Blizz keeps showing us that they really don’t.

6 Likes

Because there is no Darkmoon Faire today, I have extra time just to come here and post about our lack of granular permissions again. I do hope they get the Faire up and running tomorrow as promised. (For some reason, I’ve found it difficult to believe in Blizzard’s promises anymore.)

As far as I know, no one has seen anything about guilds (much less the permissions) in the upcoming patch. I don’t really hold out any hope for any movement on this issue before the next expansion (or any expansion, really), and yet… I keep posting. I guess I feel like as long as this thread is alive, they haven’t completely pulled the plug on guilds.

Of course, I suppose the real reason this thread hasn’t been closed down is they just don’t care enough to bother.

5 Likes