The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

I liked both Venjin and Genegerbread’s posts in the Q&A Thread along with adding my own post to it. Hopefully we get acknowledged.
As we’ve said many times in this thread, “Is Officer” needs to be reverted – permissions should not be all or nothing so that we can each run our guilds the way WE want to run them and have been running them successfully for years.

4 Likes

I also up-voted all the posts I could find regarding the permissions and made my own as well.

If anyone needs a link to the Q&A thread: Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here! - #263 by Druunah-ravencrest

4 Likes

Upvoted all the guild questions I could find, and added a request for an update.

3 Likes

I upvoted all the guild questions I saw (there were some that weren’t made by regulars here) and added my own. Not that it will do any good, of course, but like Venjin said, they can’t claim we’re not trying to get their attention.

4 Likes

Well, now I’m up to September on my read-through and I’ve come to this little gem:

Scary to think I’ve been doing this since September with no further peep from Blizz. Do they want more feedback or not?

Scarier yet, I’ve noticed that a lot of hte regular posters from back then (who don’t seem to be posting any more) are at level 110. Example, Irannia:

So, we have a GM who was organizing two raid groups and doing boss reviews back in September–who is still level 110. And she’s not the only one I’ve seen. This tells me at least some people who are no longer posting haven’t adjusted to this change; they’ve given up.

Nice job, Blizz.

2 Likes

What the…you guys still at this?

Good news! Four days of free playtime incoming for your un-woke chars…can you find a way to complain about that? Lol…I’m sure…

I think that this is something that has been known for years and years. Possibly even as far back as vanilla wow.

I play all my characters, so… you don’t? I mean, thanks for the bump!

2 Likes

“Uncle” Che makes a (not) unexpected appearance.

:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

As always, thanks for your supportive bump.

Fix the permissions Blizz

3 Likes

We’re…currently subbed…? Why would we care about the four days…yannowhat nevermind. <___>

2 Likes

Which is why changes won’t be made. Blizzard isn’t going to go out of their way to “fix” something they already “fixed” if they aren’t losing money over it.

I don’t mean to sound harsh or anything but do you guys really think Blizzard cares about any of the opinions in this thread? They have ignored this thread for damn near a solid year, it’s not going to change any time soon.

From what some MVPs have said, they -do- care… it’s just that right now, it’s not considered a priority item of any kind. How true that is we can’t know for sure, but I’m inclined to think it’s pretty accurate. There are plenty of issues that of course need their more immediate attention, however if they can’t fix those in a timely fashion and move on to ‘less important’ issues then I think they need to take a closer, harsher look at -why- they can’t solve those ‘bigger, high-priority’ problems.

But as I also outlined in my reply to ‘it’s a matter of getting on the priority list’ … Blizzard neglecting the social aspects of their game is a horrendous idea, considering they’re still advertising as an MMO and function as one. They can and should focus on the problems in gameplay, but they’ll shoot themselves in the foot if they continue to neglect the problems within the social aspect of it too.

@Blizzard: fix the permissions. Please communicate with us.

4 Likes

The longer the thread gets, the more an etching of fail they carve in the Intarweb Halls of 'Member When.

No skin off my butt, takes me 5 seconds here and there to poke it.

3 Likes

It still seems that Blizzard IS likely losing money because of the “broken” guild permissions.

2 Likes

Q&A Day! I think I’ve given likes to all the guild-related questions as of a day or so ago. C’mon Blizzard, please communicate with us. Fix the guild permissions. We’re not going away.

3 Likes

I agree that Blizzard doesn’t seem to care, and I have strong doubts they’ll do anything with guilds before the next expansion.

However, as I pointed out in my previous post, a good number of posters who were following this thread in the early days are still showing as lvl 110. That’s not the level of a character that’s being played. While I don’t think many (if any) players have quit over this particular issue, it’s still one of those straws that will break the camel’s back eventually.

Mistake after mistake. Bad decision after bad decision. There are lots of things I like about Wow, and I’m still playing, but even I’m getting worn down by the horrible choices someone has been making over there at HQ. They should just pull the plug if they want to kill WoW, not do this death by 1000 cuts.

3 Likes

lolol you guys didn’t give enough feedback. Man oh man. You guys sure you wanna keep applauding these CM’s? Isn’t it their job to relay this information to the dev’s and Ion? lol

1 Like

Fumel, we’ve been given a challenge…

I hate digging through my old posts…but challenge accepted, Ion.

4 Likes

So…what I heard was something to the effect of, “We agree that granular officer permissions is a good idea, but we don’t understand why you want it.”

What?? I don’t even…

3 Likes

Ion and Josh, the big reason I think folks stopped giving specific feedback is there is an overabundance of it in this thread- which you have acknowledged! And I am very, very pleased to hear that this issue is finally being addressed. And in the spirit of meeting you halfway, here is my more specific response for what I would want, were I to be a GM again:

Untangle all the officer permissions that have been lumped into ‘IsOfficer’, and allow them once more to be separately assigned based on individual ranks and GM discretion. Return the granular officer permissions that existed before BfA’s launch.

This is the most absolute basic request of all GMs- former and current- who have posted in this thread. Of course others have more far more thoughtful, in-depth, and detailed posts with additional things they would like, but at the bare minimum what we want is a return to the granular, separated permissions that gave GMs the ability to run their guilds and order ranks and permissions in the way that made sense for their guild.

Thank you!

11 Likes