Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

When can we expect to see a full update to character customization options to bring non-allied races graphically up to par with their allied race counterparts?

If the goal behind the portal change is to make the world seem larger, what is the reason for only revisiting vanilla zones that are warfronts?

How is the Worgen and Goblin update coming along? Is there a planned “sneak peek” in the near future?

With the inclusion of Azerite Gear vendors in PVE, are there current plans to reintroduce PVP vendors?

7 Likes

Any plans to tweak heirloom stats for lvl 110 - 120 - very under-powered currently compared to all other game content.

Can you please let us know other allied races? I’m specifically hopeful for Revantusk forest trolls or the other tribes to follow Horde now that Zandalari are members (see post here: I gots the troll fever! for a possible very cost-effective solution)

How time gated will flying become since it is being released so late this expansion?

Any word on Darkspear heritage armor or a warfront around tribal gear like how Arathi was all orcish and Darkshore was all Forsaken gear.

Any plans to make Kua’fon fly or is my theory correct that he is the Zandalari swoop racial?

3 Likes

I love the new druid forms. However, will we possibly get multiple colorations for zandalari moonkin and travel forms? It just feels a little awkward to have a green moonkin, a blue raptor, and a black Ankylosaurus.

Class fun and balance has been a major underlying reason to why people are leaving this xpac. From 8.2 forward what is blizzards plan to address this issue?

8 Likes

Are there plans to change the holy paladin mastery? This has been a hot topic since beta. Can you please address it?

Guild Permissions are (still) broken:

Are you going to answer the many concerned Guild Leaders still posting feedback as you asked, or continue to waste their time?

The feedback you requested is now nearly 3000 (That’s Three Thousand) pages long and growing daily.

Please see: The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes - #2993 by Andalya-ghostlands

17 Likes

at what time do they plan to fix or at least make all the classes competent for raid or PvP, fix them at the root and not give buff and then nerfs and leave them on the floor as it happens with the subtlety rogue?

I can’t answer for them, but on my Darkspear druid it has always been that way, one moonkin color only and one for travel form. You Anklylosaurus color will change if you change your hair color.

Since the change to Bear Tartare at the beginning of BfA, do you have any plans to implement a new recipe? Some classes are hindered by lack of movement ability which makes legacy content extremely time consuming. Would it be possible to change Bear Tartare to work only on legacy content (lvl 110 mobs and below)?

2 Likes

Right. It’s that way for HMT, NE, and Tauren as well. However, the kultiran has four travel form and four moonkin form colors, so I’m just hopeful that the zandalari will get them too!

1 Like

When is the next major balance for PVP? A lot of people were expecting big meta changes with patch 8.1.5 but it more or less stayed the same. Can we expect big changes after the first LAN tournament or do we have to wait until patch 8.2?

Any plans to increase the maximum number of characters across all realms? The total cross-server cap has stayed the same since 2004. Forcing some of us to delete high level toons (level 90+) in order to play an allied race and/or experience low level content again…

1 Like

Can we get more cosmetic customization for spell effects and abilities?

For example, can Mages get a Frostfire Bolt glyph to change Frostbolt to the Frostfire bolt animation?

2 Likes

Can you please really do something about the faction imbalance ? is not fun at all to see the leader of pve and only horde appears . . . is the free transfer a really bad idea ?

3 Likes

Any chance we see some adjustments to Vengeance Demon Hunters? They simply lack the survivability of other tanks even with their variety of movement options. And it’s even worse on fights that employ more stationary strategies.

3 Likes

Is the development team happy with the way classes play right now? Is there any feeling that individual specs don’t have enough buttons to make rotations interesting, such as Arcane, Enhancement, or Havoc?

4 Likes

Love m+! Some specs (like rdruid) mesh really well with the m+ style of play. Some specs (like havoc DH) excel at every aspect of it with their output and utility. Some specs (like dps warriors) don’t get much chance to shine. All classes look viable in 10s, and I know yuge key pushers will always play the meta (lol), but are there any plans to give more specs the ability to do noteworthy cool things in m+? Any long term plans to address the way specs feel in m+?

I’ve played most every class in M+ now, on decent size keys (10-14 on alts with a few 18s/19s on the main). It makes me wonder if we could use some sort of pvp-tuning style modifiers to m+. Some thoughts behind my question:

• Shadow Priest getting good use out of Dark Void + Thought Harvester on a Reaping pack is a great time but hard to repeat with the way Reaping straggles in sometimes. Frost Mage simply dropping Frozen Orb gets insane value every time. Hard to say which is more fun and rewarding…but that end of dungeon damage meter leaves a lasting impression. There are other examples of easy button presses being too rewarding and rare awesome setups not being common enough.
  • Resto Druid healing toolkit can handle so much between tank healing, group healing, healing on the move, and contributing dps with ease. Meanwhile, I play my Holy Paladin 10 times as hard and still have moments where I can’t keep up. Wings feels insanely strong (more strong than needed usually) and outside of wings feels quite weak. Tweaking wings for m+ would impact other parts of the game, hence the thought about m±only tuning modifiers a la PVP.
  • Havoc DH brings insane group survivability with darkness, mechanic eating with blade dance dodge, optional immunity or optional ridiculous self-healing, decent self healing during meta, AoE stun, optional single stun, sap cc (doesn’t pull combat), taunt, great mobility, purge, short cd defensive, and their damage output is great on single target and AoE with no much trait/talent tweaking needed. That is insane value in 1 package. I’m surprised they are allowed a kick ability (looking out for you, demo locks). Actually I’m surprised they don’t have an AoE slow, an AoE root, and a knockback as well!
  • I don’t tank often enough in S2, but clappyboi-ing output is insane and having rage spent reduce your defensive cooldowns is so powerful. More tank specs should feel that powerful in m+.
2 Likes

Are there going to be more allied races in BFA?

4 Likes

Hey, how’s it going?

The problem is that for some classes, and with people who raid, that the traits they want are only found on Residuum pieces and not in raid.

Take me for example, as a Fury warrior, 2/3 of the pieces I want are from dungeons and not the raid. The problem with Residuum being supplemental, is that you would have to actually have good enough trait balance not only in terms of tuning, but also availability.