The new forum is not complete garbage

Where is it then? When people ask if you have a source and you have a source you don’t just say “I do” and not show the source :joy:

3 Likes

Yea I originally lost it by transferring server which they “couldn’t do anything about” which is just dumb. Character name changed from aveldruid to aveldruid but on a new server. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a little holiday lol

1 Like

Because elae is a no life like us on these forums, it’s LIKE FINDING A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK TO FIND SOURCES FROM HER I SWEAR

Edit people came in who I know who’ve had vacations said they were able to reobtain it with good behavior. You can also pop ina ticket and ask.

Final edit: ily elae you’re a good poster.

Is there a way to know what level you’ve obtained?

There is some way of searching through code for it or something dumb like that but no easy way that I have heard of

Edit thanks ughash

1 Like

Yes! It’s a little odd, I could check yours but it’s annoying to do on mobile.

I need to remember to swing by when I’m at my computer and play with that, because now my curiosity is piqued. Thanks Ughash!

1 Like

No problem! A quick glance at the toon you’re posting on currently, it looks like she’s trust level 2! You need to visit the forums 50 days and have 20k posts read.

Pretty much it from there!:slight_smile: you’re sitting at 12 days visited, and 5.7k posts read. You can also scroll through mega threads fast and get that 20k in 10 mins :joy: best of luck! ;D

My biggest beef with these forums is that TL3, once achieved, doesn’t transfer between characters. The rest is fine, I’ve never used forum ignore even once and voting systems work best when only upvoting is available, because downvotes (across websites, not just the WoW forums) more often than not get abused as a “make opinion I don’t like disappear” button.

1 Like

The extremely limited amount of likes you’re allowed, the STUPID amount of activity you need to get trust level three and the inability to block annoying trolls has always irked me. It also doesn’t help that in a COMPLETELY AUTOMATED SYSTEM obvious trolls can’t be reported if you’ve done more than the limited amount you’re allowed. Someone derailing a thread? Just let em you have no choice. I just want to be able to include a link here and there or post on alts and still get notifications for all easily.

2 Likes

At the rate I’m going I’ll hit 20k without a problem, considering my forum habits. The hard part will actually be behaving and not getting b&. You can take the mechanic out of the shop, but you can’t take the shop out of the mechanic. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yeah I feel that :joy:. When people annoy me on the forums or do the generic witty responses I try not to engage them or if it’s too bad I’ll mute the thread.

Oh okay well it looks like if they changed it to be on good behavior, now that it’s December with Christmas coming up and all, I guess I will try and do the good behavior thing and see what happens.

Well, and that you can LOSE trust level 3. You can lose it for making one tongue in cheek rated G “joke post”(containing one inoffensive image), if enough people report you as trolling, then Blizzard will say, “Based upon past transgressions, the two day suspension stands.”

Then, you notice you are also only trust level 2 now.

||“trust_level_2”|

When searching *.json for “trust.” Which was also obvious, since can’t post links/images.

yep, once you lose trust 3 its not coming back.

i lost mine over 6 months ago, in that time i wouldve earned it back twice over…

Any Classic information from wowhead can’t be linked either because the links start with https ://classic instead of https ://wowhead.

I truly appreciate that you would provide that information for me!! Thank you!

I’ve earned it twice already myself and I anticipate having to start all over again soon :grimacing: And I feel like I’m living on borrowed time before I lose the ability to have it at all forever. Everyone I know/like on these forums just about has had an involuntary vacation for having an opinion at some point and I just know my number is going to come up.

Particularly given that they will ban for completely arbitrary reasons. Sometimes, they aren’t even sure why they are doing it, and different mods will say different reasons. They get realllly, reallly mad if you ask why.

I’m going to start putting tickets in until a mod tells me how far along the track I am.