The new forum is not complete garbage

I know the main criticism is that getting Trust Level 3 is like getting a Feat of Strength in game, and while that is a slight concern, I actually do enjoy this forums design and option.

Reality is, if I find a topic is getting out of hand, or I’m losing control of where the thread is going it’s much easier to stop watching it, and not see it appear on the screen, then the whole thing gets forgotten.

Easier to track the more popular topics too.

1 Like

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong lol

11 Likes

Except that you don’t lose your Feats of Strength by not logging into the game.

9 Likes

And you don’t lose the right to gain Feats of Strength forever if you ever get banned or get 5 flags.

10 Likes

The main complaint is that there’s no ignore function.

15 Likes

I’m relatively lazy, I mean new to the boards, and don’t want to look up what it is, meaning I’m lazy and aloof until now…and now I’m curious. What’s a trust level and how do you know if you have anything trustworthy to say?

Trust levels are a thing that gives you more rights to do things in the forums the more you post, read and like things.

To reach the max trust level (3) you need the following:

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

It allows you to post links, pictures and gifs.

6 Likes

Yes, it is complete garbage.

9 Likes

That sounds a tad Orwellian, because let’s be honest if you are playing a game of multiplayer Starcraft 2 you are much more likely to swear at people than if you were doing a raid with guildies on wow.

The fact that you can’t even post links without jumping through all those hoops is almost surreal. I would say that it brings the usability back to 1990s era message boards but even that wouldn’t be true because you could post links on those. It’s one of the most bizarre and ridiculous design choices I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

You can post links just fine without rank 3:

www.google.com

Be like me and not worry about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hmm let me try that…

hmmm interesting…only works for google though, I can’t post something about Thrall.

Some websites are trusted.

Google, Youtube and Wowhead.

Funny enough, Youtube is trusted, but mobile youtube isn’t trusted lol

let’s see

Oh there you go! I can post trusted links!!

There you go, I was right, this forum really isn’t complete garbage, I can share stuff from nobbel the noble awesome.

If that doesn’t work then you do as follows:

~https://imgur.com/ and most people will know how to select and open in new tab or something along those lines.

I got sent on a holiday a few weeks ago for being a bit too cheeky. Does that mean I can never get rank 3?
It isn’t clearly listed anywhere that I have seen.

Yes.

That’s yet another new forum garbagery. Obscure rules you have to google.

Wow that sucks Richard. Oh well no reason to censor myself then I guess. Lol

2 Likes

Get trust level 3! You can see my classic and legendary posts! ”I was laughed at for ordering a pineapple pizza” and ”what’s the oldest wow screenshot you got?”