The new AH bans is the biggest embarrassment in a while

Found one for you:

LOL

anyone that tried to exploit millions of gold should be banned. Its in the TOS for that type of stuff. WoW has their own economy with the WoW token and Blizzard currency so they dont want that to get more messed up than it already is.

Just be like all the other gold “farmers” and make a bot account to farm the AH with posting scripts and buying scripts because WoW ignores those types of people.

I mean, to be fair this excuse worked on New World.

100% you cant give the 1st few days of a patch back

When you’re done playing with semantics, please tell the people that cannot access an account they are paying for through no fault of their own that it’s ok, because it’s only a lock, not a suspension.

1 Like

whast the ban/suspension for anyway?

As far as I know when you cancel a trade in the AH you’re not refunded the gold back to you that is a loss you just have to put up with,well the bug as far as I can tell give it back and kept giving,for some this an accident to others it was a blessing ,keep the gold coming and made lots of it.

They were not banned or suspended.

After the patch on Tuesday to massively change the AH, it was bugged and providing lots of gold it should not have been.

See this bug report thread.

Blizzard quickly closed the AH for a few hours to try to fix it. Some players who were impacted, through no fault of their own (in most cases), had their accounts locked.

The locked accounts can not play right now and are undergoing what I suspect is a manual review to reverse damage. Any subscription on the account was removed to prevent billing while the account can’t be played.

Those accounts that abused the bug to exploit it may end up with a suspension, but right now that has not happened.

There is no ETA on when the locked accounts will be freed up again. Hopefully they provide compensation to those impacted players. This was not their fault and they deserve at least game time, if not more. That decision will be made about what compensation, or how much, after they know the duration of the locks and come up with a policy.

2 Likes