The new 9.2 tier sets look terrible... I'm sorry

What looks good is subjective, I think most of them look amazing. Leveling/starting zone gear doesn’t have shiny bits or mirror effects like these do so that’s a pretty weird comparison though.

You suggested I think everything they do is fine.

Go troll someone else. Peace.

People that are defending the tier sets don’t understand what they’re talking about.

Yes it’s pretty obvious their intention was to make every class set heavily fit the SL theme, that’s the problem.

Previous class sets had color schemes and themes that were unique to each class. You could easily differentiate between every class set and they fit the theme of the class with hints of expansion/raid themes.

People are upset because when Blizz announced the return of class sets they expected them to be designed like they used to be. Instead all of they’ve done is take the armor set model of having everything be one theme and just apply that to each individual class.

Yes these class sets look good and the art team clearly worked hard on them but these are not the class sets the community is accustomed to getting. Compare the 9.2 sets to previous tier sets and it’s blatantly obvious why people are upset.

2 Likes

I’m thinking they were unfinished models, way too much bright off white on pretty much all of them. They are a bit of a eye sore.

People will complain regardless of what they do.

SOME people will, the reactions so far have not been some people… but rather a good deal both in and out of forums.

1 Like

I understand that but when a lot of people are complaining about one thing there might be something to it.

1 Like

Yep just about every change or addition to the game gets a very vocal uproar.

I’d put money on about only 20% of the playerbase if that, has even seen the sets.

Drama gonna drama though.

You act like we can’t criticize these sets. Why?

2 Likes

See, the pally gear is the one I actually like.

The Shaman is also pretty cool. The rest are just terrible.

Except warrior. It’s still terrible but at least that one is funny.

i like the rogue, hunter, priest and druid. paladin looks cool, just needs some flash. rogue could stand to be darker. hunter could use some leaf design. priest is pretty good, and druid is awesome - just needs some nature colors. warlock is really cool but doesnt seem very warlocky. swap mage with priest and perfecto, though mage could use some arcane color hints

my overall impression is it seems like they are all inspired by priest colors, like they’re all various light worshippers.

People who don’t even play WoW are commenting on it…

That’s bad, very very bad. and I can’t say they DON’T deserve the criticism, ever tried doing some of the old world quests and stuff? About half of it glitches out consistently, to the point certain campaigns and questlines cannot be completed, to add insult to injury the new stuff they’re slowly churning out isn’t even “new” anymore, it’s recycled 90% of the time.

1 Like

Uh-huh… bad so very bad. Game has ugly tier sets… The agony.

Yeah, WoW has way bigger issues then ugly armor.

Use transmog like you’re going to anyway.

What they did with the cloaks and some props was a nice change. Otherwise shadowlands stuff has been mostly reskins and touchups. Like some have said, recycled, low effort.

So why aren’t we allowed to criticize these sets again?

2 Likes

EXACTLY, but it ALL stems from the same place, a lack of creative talent! They need to do some talent scouting and ASAP. The old guard, however unethical they may have been, were keeping WoW propped up, they need some new a equally good staff.

i think the death knight set might be my favorite set of questing greens in the game

You know, after years of hearing people say this with every raid, I’m finally gonna ask.

Can you show me these leveling sets? The ones covered in neon highlights, floating orbs and junk, and 3D armor bits beyond the belt?

Maybe my brain’s fried, but I only remember leveling sets having like two or three LED lights in them, at most.

Uhhh…yeah, doing it once again right now for cataclysm story. Have ran into maybe one bug? Thorns/magic shield scaling to high for low levels… That’s it.

You just sound like you’re over WoW… maybe you should take a break? I know people who have done loremaster all with chromie time and they had no issues completing any of the questlines lol… They actually inspired me to do it on this character.

This argument assumes it’s merely the customers who have changed, I’m not over WoW, I’m disappointed with what it has recently become objectively speaking quality wise. What even IS the plothole filled story for SL? Sure WoW isn’t an award winning MMO or even really videogame in general for story, but at least the past expansions’ plots made sense mostly…