The new 9.2 tier sets look terrible... I'm sorry

I saw the new tier sets for 9.2 and I have to say that I’m beyond disappointed. Most of these sets look rushed and lack uniqueness. These sets legitimately look like they are starting zone leveling gear for a new expansion… Compare the new mage tower sets to the 9.2 sets. How did we go from that to the new 9.2 models? My main is a monk and the set is just so bland and has no class fantasy involved in it what-so-ever. Who would want to work for that set? It looks DREADFUL. Who is designing these sets and thinking anyone wants these? I’m sorry to be so harsh but it needs to be said. Who wants to play a game where the incentives just aren’t there

36 Likes

Have you heard of transmog lol if you havent you should take a look! Your race has a bonus for it!

Not everything is gonna please everyone every time no reason to get all cranky over there

4 Likes

Transmog is great, but it’s painstakingly obvious that the developers are not putting in enough effort into the game

23 Likes

…it has been x 1462 times. Search function.

2 Likes

It’s intentional. Blizzard doesn’t like making armor, tier sets are a unique set per class while Blizz got used to making a set per armor type. They are intentionally made to be ugly and uninspired so Blizzard can point at the people who don’t like the set and say that tier sets weren’t really wanted by the community so they can get back to making 4 sets per tier.

10 Likes

Don’t be sorry, they do look terrible.

What a wonderful excuse to put zero effort into the return of class sets.

Could have ignored the topic entirely and not even given it a free bump to the top, yet here you are.

25 Likes

Some look great, some are lackluster. I’m hoping they’re not all the final version we’ll get in game, (especially the pally gear) I’m also looking forward to seeing the elite/mythic sets.

My “concern” with the tier sets, is how will they work with leggos. Shock barrier can only go in the chest and legs slot. those are both tier piece slots?..

I like some of them. Please don’t assume your opinion is shared by everyone.

4 Likes

Exactly. People have different tastes…and I don’t think there is a tier in the game where I like every class’s design

1 Like

Absolutely agree. However in all of wow’s history, when has every single class set in a tier shared the exact same color scheme?

Lazy, uninspired effort here.

1 Like

It was concept art…

And I’m pretty confident that there will be the typical 4+ recolored versions for each set

Even if it looks bad i just hope and pray from now on they always make tier sets going forward.

They are not new but reskins :smiley:

No, don’t be intentionally obtuse here. They showed us fully rendered models on characters.

Even if that’s true they will ALL share the same color scheme. Lazy.

3 Likes

And look WAY better than this new tier stuff.

The only thing that really matters to me is that my tier set includes specific items whose appearance I might want to use. For example, I don’t love the 9.2 monk set, but I kinda want that sash. Also the hands and feet might look pretty good depending on what recolors are available.

They aren’t all the same color scheme; many of them just use many of the same colors and the differences aren’t super noticeable due to the low color saturation

Thanks for bumping my response , bub.

LOL

Please…

2 Likes

Your response doesn’t get bumped. The topic gets bumped. Nice try though.

1 Like

They literally aren’t the same color scheme. The colors on the monk set are objectively different from the ones on the rogue set and really most of the other sets.