"The Mess of the Mage":

Mage overall has been deteriorating very badly since Legion. I want my Legion Fire Mage back :frowning:

We’re nowhere near where we were then, even with the like 15% buffs we got

Warlocks and Mages are the only cloth wearing pure dps classes period. Nevermind that need tuning.

Warlocks of which have 2/3 specs that are performing extremely well, and Mages at least still have a spec that is performing extremely well.
How about giving a thought to the classes like paladin and evoker who’s only dps spec is also trash with no alternative.

It might not be great having specs that a poorly performing, but personally I think Blizzard’s priority should be making sure each class has playable specs in each role before ensuring a single class has 3 A tier specs of the same role.

That’s because paladins are a hybrid class, and have significant advantage over us when it comes to utility.

Evokers can wear mail, and assume the role of an S-rank healer.

Meanwhile, Mages are choked.

Have you even played Mage? Paladin’s have the worst generalised utility in the entire game (hint it’s none), one niche cooldown on a very long cd, and the worst CC of any class.
There is a reason that Ret Paladins have been dead last in M+ since as far back as season 1 BfA when it comes to dps classes and it isn’t because they have amazing utility lol.

Don’t believe me? Go have a look at warcraftlogs and you will get instant proof. Every single season since at least BfA season 1 there is no class below Retribution. There may be occasional specs below, but every class has had access to another dps spec that performs better than Ret.

So please tell me how having Blessing of Protection somehow offsets all of that. (Hint we still had BoP back then)

Mail? Since when was the last time armour class even mattered in PvE?
Even some tanks use leather, armour class is practically irrelevant outside of distribution of class loot, outside of PvP of course which isn’t the topic.

Also you literally have another spec of the same role that is performing extremely well. How is having a well performing spec of a different role in anyway comparable?

That’s like saying Rogue is unplayable because you want to play Assassination when Outlaw is literally the best melee dps spec in the game.

You literally have an option to perform better in. Doing the exact same role
 just swap. It’s like one button. Or you access the fact that you aren’t going to perform as well as the other spec, and continue to play it anway.
Either way that choice is on you, you have solutions to your problem, it’s upto you to use them or not.

So choked as an A tier ranged class as decided by your own choice of tier list.
I wish I could be so picky that only being S tier is good enough for me lol.

You would think so, and for open world purposes it’s certainly true, but for group content mages are actually pretty durable.

1 Like

Which, according to your logic, is completely fine since they dominated the healing spot last season. Time for other classes to shine, right?

2 Likes

-_- 
 ?

They’re
 hybrids

why the hell am I dealing with this guy?

mute this thread. pls. and gtfo.

TIL: Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Sacrifice, Blessing of Freedom, Lay on Hands, Devotion Aura, Cleanse, and a short CD stun are not utility.

Edit: forgot they also bring a battle res. More terrible non-utility

Edit2: how could I forget that paladins can also nullify mechanics with their immunity? Wow they are certainly lacking utility

2 Likes

Watch out. You’ll brainwash him in thinking they’ll need a nerf now.

Or he’ll consider himself a god and blame other people for their lack of utility in a mythic.

You obviously don’t know what the word “general” means, it means not niche.

Firstly i said BoP, great a melee defensive with a 5 min cooldown (4 if you choose not to have LoH or BoF). It doesn’t get much more niche than that.

Blessing of Sacrifice is a dps cooldown, not utility. You can thank the lack of development in DF for that. The same is the case with Devo Aura, it is unusable for Ret as Retribution Aura was buffed and was already taken into account for Ret’s dps balancing.
Or would you suggest an already sub-par dps also provide sub-par performance on their throughput?

BoF is pretty much a joke in PvE. Do you think enemies repeatedly snare you? They don’t.
It’s just a worse Tiger’s Lust that doesn’t provide a 70% movespeed bonus alongside it’s snare clear.

Cleanse? You do realise you can’t get BoP, BoF, LoH, and Cleanse in an optimal build right?
So either way you have to knock one of your choice off the list.

And LoH? A 7+ min single heal. Great. Again niche.
Do you really think you plan to fail that hard that your group comp is built around needing a panic button a few times in your run?

Yeah, you aren’t bringing a Paladin for brez friend. You are bringing a Druid or a DK, you know, one of the better performing specs.

Yeah, like a Mage
on a shorter cooldown
with a potential reset
oh and they get a 60% DR defensive as well? And a rewind!? Crazy

Literally go have a look at the statistics, I’ll wait.
I double checked earlier, and yes every season since at least BfA season 1 (so that’s 9 seasons) Ret Paladin has been the worst performing dps class in M+.

Please tell me again about how great they are.

YOU. DON’T. PLAY. MULTIPLE. SPECS. IN. ONE. INSTANCE.

Seriously just change to the other spec that literally does the same thing you are doing, but better and be done with it.

I don’t know why this is even an issue at this point, you want a mage spec that performs well?
Well you have one. Case closed.
It’s literally one button and your dps mage does more dps as requested.

citation needed.

1 Like

A spec has to be last, why not yours? Answer me that.

You’re right, paladin is the worst class in the game, woe is you.

1 Like

I already provided citation, the statistics are easily found on warcraftlogs. I’m not going to link to every season when people can easily search themselves.

And as said before that doesn’t mean “worst spec overall” simply that in every single season since BfA S1 every other class has had at least one dps spec that has outperformed Ret according to statistics.

So for everyone who is flexible unlike OP who is less flexible than a certain hunter we all know (who actually swapped to MM this season despite their many threads), they have always had a spec that has outperformed Ret in the dps role in M+.

Glad someone now understands.

I’m still waiting for you to mute this thread.

You made zero sense the second you started posting.

Have YOU even played Mage?

2 Likes

One button mate.
It’s called hit N to open up the talent menu. Then click the button that changes your spec to Arcane.

Instantly jump to A tier.

Biggest life hack of the game.

obviously not

you really need to get out. for your health and ego’s sake.

So your mage is unable to spec Arcane?
Well that’s a separate issue friend and you should probably submit a bug report to get that fixed.

If you had mentioned that from the start we wouldn’t have had to go through this whole charade.
How was I to know you couldn’t swap to a better performing spec?

I’m not your friend, and I’m not answering any of your questions.

This is getting old and sad fast.

It’s okay for the golden class to take a backseat for a season.