The Mead Hall - Dwarf RP Community

Introduction
Hello, and welcome to the Mead Hall! We’re the Dwarf (and friends) RP community here on Wyrmrest Accord, and here’s why you should come be a dwarf with us!

We’re the best race in Warcraft! No, fantasy! Wait, fiction! You know what, dwarves are just the best.

On a more serious note, we’ve been here on Wyrmrest in our current state since WoD, and some of us have been playing dwarves here since Wrath! We’ve been kicking Nass and taking manes all this time, but it isn’t just our history that matters!

Events
Currently, we have three regular community events each week! Being dwarves, it is only proper that two-thirds of those always involve heavy drinking.

The Cask ‘n’ Anvil, a pub hosted by Modarin, every Friday night at 6 server!

The Battlestein Brewpub, hosted by Bathildis, every Sunday night at 6 server!

Mission Boards, a rotating one-off RP event, every Tuesday night at 6 server!

But wait, there’s more!

Every month, one of the guilds that make up the Mead Hall community hosts a Moot! A Dwarven Moot is a sight to behold, as it’s the monthly party for the dwarf community! We all come together, eat, drink, chat, brawl, play games, have competitions, and catch up both IC and OOC on things to come in the community! Even if you aren’t a dwarf, it’s worth the trip.

Lastly, community events and campaigns can take place at any time! Everyone is welcome to come host their events with the Mead Hall, and we’ve got some experienced DMs who will happily help you develop events and campaigns!

How to join the Mead Hall

It’s simple! Just come say hi at any of our events! For those retro folks, the old in-game channel still exists at /join themeadhall. However, it has fallen by the wayside with the new community feature.

Speaking of the new community feature, here’s the link to join the Mead Hall community! Please, be civil and kind to your fellow community members.

As well, the Mead Hall has a discord server! We’re cool, we’ve got great emoji’s, and we’re totally hip. However, we’d rather not just leave that invitation floating around, so if you want to hang out with us there contact a community member in-game! Or, you can reach out to Rufaic (me!) in discord at Snowsteel#2289 or Bathildis at Ironstout#0154, and we’ll hook you up.

Guilds of the Mead Hall
While we are a community, that doesn’t mean that we all share a guild tag! There’s many different dwarf-themed guilds in the Mead Hall, and they’re constantly changing! New ones spring up, friends merge together, companions part ways, so you’ll want to come speak with us to figure who’s who!

But no matter what, the guilds of the Mead Hall don’t matter. All community events are open to everyone (unless otherwise specified), so even if you aren’t in one of those guilds, or even if you are over five feet tall, you are always welcome to come hang out! None of these guild tags matter as long as you can play nice with others and act like a decent human being!

(Disclaimer: Horde are typically not welcome at all events. We can’t speak Orcish, you can’t speak Common, the guards have guns, the whole deal. You understand, right?)

Final Notes

If you decide to join the Mead Hall, I can’t wait to see you around! Never be afraid to ask myself or anyone else with one of those crown things in the community channel for help! The Mead Hall is our home, and we hope that you decide to make it yours as well!

Now, pull up a chair, someone’ll get ye a drink, and let’s hear o’ our next great adventure!

37 Likes

First, making me King Under the Mountain

I’ll fight ya for it!

Except I’ll win that fight.

Just like I won against this stupid character minimum.

1 Like

Imma kick you in the head I will.

The Mead Hall is a truly great RP community. They’re the reason I started RPing on WrA, and they’ve always been fun and helpful. Thanks, dorfs!

2 Likes

First new post on Ingrella. Just saying, the dwarf community has always been awesome! Hopefully I’ll be able to participate in more stuff now that my Dark Iron brethren are fully realized. It’s been a wild, beer-fueled ride so far. Let’s keep it up! And like a fellow Dark Iron once said…

Everyone! Get in here!

2 Likes

So this is the new forum… interesting. Well, I adore the mead hall, even if it lacks the WPvP I used to have on Emerald Dream! Still, it’s kept me busy with roleplay and roll events for over 2 years now.

You fools arguing over the king under the Mountain! A TRUE Dwarf, such as the dark iron, speak of the EMPEROR Under the Mountain.

3 Likes

Fer tha’ farge! Sons an’ daughters o’ Khaz, unite!

Seriously though. This community is best! It’s gotten me through rough times, and good. The people are wonderful, and the events are usually top notch - even the casual rp!

4 Likes

I’ve been with the Mead Hall since very early in Legion, and it’s probably the only reason I still even play this game! The friends, the RP, the stories, and all the friendly faces make me proud to call the Mead Hall my home in WoW!

4 Likes

BUMP. Because this community is awesome and dwarves are awesome. There are a lot of new dwarf players out there what with the Dark Iron Allied Race implemented, and this community is the perfect way to develop your character and make some fantastic contacts.

1 Like

Well this might just nudge me into finally transferring a toon over to WA… (new to RP so be nice)

3 Likes

Bump! We might live under the mountain, but we belong on top of the mountain of posts!

Great group of dwarves!!!, been with these guys for almost 2 years now. if your a dwarf looking for a home or maybe even a dwarf just lookin for a drink join the discord. if ya want to hang out come to the moot this Saturday.

December 1st Moooooooot!!! – Hosted by 3 Hammerrrrrrrrrrrs!!!
Duels 1 hour before moot in Kirthaven at 5 PM server – feel free to come hang out early, RP and watch!
Other activities:
Axe/Hammer Throw Contest
Crack Shot Contest
Tug O’War
Um Actually - Trivia Contest
Fist-Fist Wedding !!! Davonna and Modarin’s Wedding Ceremony!!!
Shaman Blessing on Feast
Drunk Gryphon Race

1 Like

Is there any interest in WPvP events within the dwarf community? In addition to the old Bouldershoulder rent collection, I mean. I tried to get something together Hordeside and not even the crickets replied :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s a couple folks who I’m certain would be interested in WPvP, but I can’t say that there’s a notable population within the community (as far as I know) for that sort of event.

Oh man! Picks and Pints moot on the horizon! Get hyped!

2 Likes

Right on, lads! I’m joinin’ the community!

2 Likes

Dwarven Moot tonight! Picks and Pints is hosting at 6 server at River’s Heart in Sholazar Basin!