The Maintenance Within

Once every few days isn’t daily.

It was Tuesday and today this week. That’s 2 out of 7 days.

I play ESO, GW2 and FF14 on a casual basis alongside WoW, and their downtimes for maintenance after a major update or expansion isn’t even anywhere near as bad as TWW launch and pre-patch.

It’s incompetence, and you’re shilling for it.

13 Likes

Four days left…

2 Likes

You weren’t here for WoD, at the very least. Please tell me how WoD’s launch was better than this when a part of my subconscious is still fighting a login queue so that I can sit in Frostwall trying to set up my garrison.

You couldn’t be more wrong. It’s funny that your argument applies to you, not me, regarding bad assumptions. I do in fact manage tech infrastructure and am a developer. I wouldn’t make a living if I had to take down client applications once a week, let alone as often as wow.

Seethe.

5 Likes

all the maintanences.

4 Likes

Maybe this is what is taking so long. They are all out of breath.

Sweet. Go play one of those during maintenance. Such a hard choice to make lol

1 Like

I am curious as to why we are doing a full on maintenance on a thursday…

6 Likes

Bc was down for 3-4 days. Wrath was down for a week. Cata was down for 2-3 days. Legion was a disaster. Didn’t do WoD or Shadowlands. So… I guess you are right? This is much smoother. And when I say down, they game was down to the point they gave people extra days.

Hell no, this is a sub based service. We have agreed to a maintenance day being Tuesday. We shouldn’t be facing a (so far) 4 hour maintenance 2-3 times a week wtf?

That’s not even including the days servers are having issues. Definitely asking for gametime reimbursement.

7 Likes

Besides the point chief. But go off.

4 Likes

Something’s broken that needs fixing.

9 Likes

Well, stuff needs fixed while we work on that, let’s hope nothing else breaks in the process. :disguised_face:

Seems like a lot of pressure on people to make sure they fix the stuff and not break something else.

Go pick up the 50 cents off the street if you are that hard on cash.

Simp gonna simp

4 Likes

a man wearing a floral sweater says " and good luck with that "

2 Likes

Guys and Gals…SAVE. THIS. LINK.

Blizzard Maint

I know an extra step, but will help you schedule when the game will be down. Does maint suck…yup. Is it annoying that you can not play every day for hours…sure, we can go with that. But remember you are only RENTING this game, it does not belong to you. If you do not like the practices of the Owners (Blizzard), then stop renting the game.

Now with that said, do they need to fix things in the game, 100% yes. However to do that, they need to take the game down. This is not a simple Maintenace cycle either, they are adding the 20th Aniv. things to the game. (I personally don’t care about that stuff, but there are MANY who do, and they pay a sub just like me.)

Bottom line is, sorry this “Ruined” 4 hours of your day, but you will surrvive. You would be complaining if they never took the game down to fix things, about all the things they need to take the game down to fix.

Oh and if Blizzard reads this and thinks I am on thier side…I’m not, your writers suck and need to be replaced. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

only thing need fixing is bus.