The Maintenance Within

I get that this isn’t easy and things happen “downtime”, but the select few WK’s telling people they aren’t getting rained on while they clearly are is annoying as hell.

4 Likes

Dude we pay for the expansion, we pay monthly, and god only knows how much they make off the in-game shop.

2 Likes

4 hour maitnence window, not even on tuesday … come on man

5 Likes

if the hot fix is not already coded crashing the game. TIPS TRAINING SHOULD BE REQUIRED

Oh, it’s a lot. An in-game shop WoW horse mount from many years ago raked in more revenue than box copies of Starcraft 2 (one of the most popular RTS games ever made).

This isn’t hyperbole. They’re making bank from the shop man.

3 Likes

Damn…I forgot about Sunwell…

1 Like

Don’t forget that all the “services” in the shop are automated.
So they are getting paid on those for essentially nothing.

Sadly, I myself contribute to that nonsense…

I think it’s more stubborn to argue something in bad faith by stuffing your fingers in your ears, but that’s the hallmark of most threads like this, isn’t it?

If you can tell me with a straight face that TWW’s launch is worse than any expansion from BC through to WoD, I’ll know that you’re either dishonest, forgetful, or ignorant. Pick one!

Or just cherry pick things to quote out of context and keep nodding your head alongside the people who agree with you to make yourself seem justified. Look at all these choices you have!

I said it before and I’ll say it again:
Blizzard is a small indie company with limited resources. Theres no way they can manage to do maintenance at better times or at least rotate them. Give this small indie company a break!

2 Likes

Considering that when the game is up, it’s actually playable, I wouldn’t really call this a rocky launch.

It’s a sloppy launch, but not rocky.

You mean how Blizzard stuffing their fingers in their ears to feedback from players during the PTR and beta about all the bugs that they conveniently ignored and left unchecked until post-launch. Yeah, you’re not wrong.

3 Likes

lol :laughing:

Brings up a great point though. As long as I’ve played wow I have never understood their daytime maintenance. They should have a third or fourth shift that does the work to limit inconvenience to players.

The argument that “we want devs to have good lives” is stupid, in case any simp sees this. I want wow online. They can get a different job if it sucks.

2 Likes

Go to work

Wow 101 since what? Cata. Sell Expansion, fix later.

It’s fine man. My point about the cash shop revenue wasn’t blaming the consumers at all. Just pointing out that the bank they make from it.

1 Like

No…at least not for another few hours…lol

More like the game is 20 years old and the way they do maintenance was set in stone 20 years ago. Nothing short of retooling the entire game to use completely different server infrastructure will change the way Blizzard does server maintenance or change the fact that sometimes hours of downtime are needed outside of what is normally scheduled.

Isn’t Classic up?

maybe they will fix auto loot so i can quit mouse clicking!

3 Likes