The main problem with the game is the community

In the last month or so I’ve been running dungeons casually. Heroics, Leveling dungeons and Time Walking mostly. 4 out of every 10 dungeons I run goes bad. Whether it’s a tank who pulls 18 packs and then screams at a healer for not being able to keep him up, A party member who initiates a kick vote for next to no reason, a group freaking out for someone after an accident that leads to no wipes, not even a death. Think to yourself, are you the problem with WoW?

17 Likes

No.

But even if that were happen to me, I wouldn’t make a post about it.

7 Likes

Gamers are pretty toxic as a whole, but that’s with any game. Wow just gives us an easier time to be buttheads.

3 Likes

So Blizzard has something called community managers.

Players are also not policed by any of Blizzard’s employees.

Nor are there methods of players to police themselves in game.

I’d say all of those are Blizzard’s fault.

8 Likes

Nope, I haven’t written one line of code for wow :laughing: If someone says otherwise I expect my check in the mail by 2/20/2022

4 Likes

But how many people have cancelled their subscription because of how you treated them? How many times have you said things to people you would never say in real life, that you’d only say behind the facade of an anonymous fantasy character?
There are obviously gameplay, story and progression problems with WoW, but you knew what I meant and are playing dumb.

6 Likes

I hope 0 :laughing:

Also 0, I’m as friendly a person on the forums as I am in real life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The essence of my reply is to insinuate that the problem with wow is not the community but Blizzard, so I both knew what you meant and responded appropriately but I can understand how that wasn’t clear :]

2 Likes

Sorry, I took that as more confrontational than it was intended due to the nature of the post. I do think many of blizzard’s decisions are questionable and laughable; but the reputation of the game in the games industry as a whole is it’s players are a bunch of maniacs and every time I get back into the game I’m reminded why.

it wasn’t boddypen

dang and i thought the whole wow crysis was the hunters fault

that dang bow is a rouge weapon

I indeed am. I sought to keep my master plan secret, but alas… you have found me out.

2 Likes

Not nearly enough. I feel like I should being doing more RP.

You know I’ve done a tiny but of googling on the issue of in game toxicity, I know you didn’t say that but it probably goes hand in hand with what you’re talking about, and Wow isn’t really a big culprit in my findings.

This isn’t to suggest that there’s no dingbats in wow I’m just curious where you get the idea that Wow has that reputation. I’m inclined to think it’s from A) Other wow players saying it or B) FFXIV players who talked to other wow players saying it :laughing:

Oh, I just thought of something, it might be our “MOAR DOTS” legacy lol.

I’ve seen this since I started playing in BC so maybe people think that’s what wow is like all the time?

2 out of 5 isn’t too bad.

Five random people that may have different goals, skill and experience levels, and reasons for grouping isn’t going to be a 100% success no matter what you do.

? Are you a bot?

I actually think it’s just people in general, and not limited to gamers.

People who talk about the community fail to mention that this is actually blizzard’s issue through their failure to police the community for all the of the game’s history.

2 Likes

It’s possible the outrage meme culture fuels it.

Yeah, it’s true. Most people would rather pay somebody else to play the content for them than make connections socially and do it themselves, so here we are with people who won’t play with each other who are also weirdly upset that nobody wants to play with them.

Actually just the most bizarre thing to witness.

MOAR DOTS. MOOOOOOOAAAAAR DOOOOOOOOTS!

poor girl in need of shiny things

teach me to tank and give me the gear that dps need or i will solo

if i roll need and lose ill pout and have to wait till next weeks random generated loot