The Hate against Rogues

It’s because rogues are just a toxic class in pvp and wpvp. I honestly wish they would delete rogues from the game lol

7 Likes

Please, the shade you are getting is nothing compared to what DHs went thru. Just suck it up and hope Blizzard doesn’t give you the same treatment over community “outrage”.

3 Likes

I too hate rogues, they just arent fun to play against.

Honestly it is things like that. Part of the reason Mages/Druids are close behind, spam CC just isnt fun yet CC chains are an integral part of WoW PvP.

Rogues have so many abilities that make it so you can’t play the game and thats the real issue most people have.

6 Likes

They see us sapping and they be hating.

3 Likes

try playing a DH and tell me how that goes for ya.

1 Like

That’s the typical behavior for the pvp types :man_shrugging: Look at any game with pvp combat and you’ll see.

Google most toxic games

All games pvp communities are this way.

No one likes get stun locked take too much damage and die instantly game play. Or get stun locked almost die, attack the rogue, the rogue vanishes, appears again stun locks you and finishes you this time. No one likes that.

There have been periods where rogues have been like this so the player base has formed a hate vendetta against rogues that will last all of time.

2 Likes

A Sub Rogue can kill me with 28% Versatility and Defensive stance faster than I can even setup the Venthyr/Executioner burst combo. Like, it takes me twice as many GCDs as it does a rogue, and I can’t even kill someone with my highest possible burst like that.

I completely understand why they get so much hate in PvP.

1 Like

do rogues still do that thing where they kill you in one stun? i loved that! :grinning:

They hate us cuz they ain’t us. Even in a balanced PVP system, we still wreck most players in world PVP. I use to camp mining nodes just to gank people. Blizz gave us bait for free. Remember in Legion when we could use the Feint healing legendary with the Master Assassin crit opener? Omg we were Gods.

This.
Rogues do stuff just to annoy people. The class was made for griefing and the hate that comes is justified.

2 Likes

OP…you can blame this person, and people like them. Rogues have become connotated with people who enjoy the suffering of others.

1 Like

I mean, you should expect the hate.
Rogues are the a-hole class.

5 Likes

Lol.

Didja trinket outta sap? Blind.

Didja ignore sap and let your teammate get destroyed? Lol Kidney Shot.

Oops, low on power, better restealth…

Sap.

Lolumad?

4 Likes

I remember seeing a rogue last xpac demanding DH nerfs because she didn’t like that they could see her wiles stealthed and thought it was game breaking, so now when i see rogues i always imagine someones little brother/sister scared to play but wanting to follow the big kids in to battle

1 Like

Rogues are the reason I stopped PvPing back in TBC and haven’t really gone back. Not that I’ve ever been fond of PvP, but there’s nothing fun about playing against any of the Rogue’s toolkit. The whole thing is a lesson in frustration and irritation.

Also due to many, many, many Rogues players, they’re the class that is most closely tied to the idea of griefing. I remember being on an alt in WM in the middle of Orgrimmar and I got OHKO’d by a Rogue that proceeded to vanish, effectively avoiding any consequence. And he did this for a while, picking off lowbies and then spamming the chat with /rofl or /spit.

I know it’s obviously not everyone, but just as Hunters have the stigma for being bad (due to pulling things in dungeons, even if that has largely been improved over the years) Rogues are seen as the jerk class that is almost universally hated, especially in PvP.

Also, as was mentioned, PvP is the perfect grounds for high toxicity. The nature of PvP games breeds hate and vitriol.

3 Likes

As some who plays a healer in PvP, I find rogues to be one of the most annoying classes to play against. It’s unreal how much they can slow you down, literally. If I get caught by a rogue away from my teammates, I can’t even express that level of frustration.

That said, I agree with you, OP, that people should be able to discuss PvP problems and balance without getting harassed. I’m sorry to say this, but maybe post on a different class? Even I have a hard time taking rogues seriously regarding PvP. I really don’t know how to fix this problem because rogues as a class have a reputation that will never go away.

You pop out of stealth and murder people with little to no recourse, with effective use of stealth and CDs you get to do this nearly every single time. Dude, expect flak. Catching flak is going to always be your permanent state of being.

(yes I know, rogues do have their limitations, I know. doesn’t change the reality described above)

1 Like

GG vanish nabs